Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Hey car salesmen dude just an fyi people may take you more seriously if you’d didn’t post Twitter links I don’t think your understand it’s not much better than posting **** someone found on 4chan. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

Hey car salesmen dude just an fyi people may take you more seriously if you’d didn’t post Twitter links I don’t think your understand it’s not much better than posting **** someone found on 4chan. 

I'm not a car salesmen. 

Edit..I should add that neither is the person you confused me with. 😆

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm not a car salesmen. 

Edit..I should add that neither is the person you confused me with. 😆

Ah I misunderstood the post from yesterday. Where you mentioned a dealership owner. I thought you meant yourself but you were just supporting another person. Point still stands Twitter is a ****hole. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I’m not sure about a Tesla being a flex but it is still amazing to drive 😎 

I bet.

I have Jeep now, and they seem pretty serious about making their options full electric.

By time I'm ready to consider moving on from my current Grand Cherokee, I'm pretty confident I'll be comfortable enough in their options to not even think about Tesla.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1

One of the dumbest things to come out of this ****ing mess by Elon is people hating on Tesla and wanting it to fail. We would not be moving toward more all-electric EVs without Tesla and they are a great American company, even if Elon is a ****ing **** head. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

One of the dumbest things to come out of this ****ing mess by Elon is people hating on Tesla and wanting it to fail. We would not be moving toward more all-electric EVs without Tesla and they are a great American company, even if Elon is a ****ing **** head. 

True. TSLA losing 30% of its stock value in 30 days is ****ing insane. 

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I bet.

I have Jeep now, and they seem pretty serious about making their options full electric.

By time I'm ready to consider moving on from my current Grand Cherokee, I'm pretty confident I'll be comfortable enough in their options to not even think about Tesla.

I doubt that. They are quite a ways far behind. If I had to guess who has the best chance to become a mass competitor to Tesla would be Hyundai. They actually have a competitive offering to Tesla test is available now. 

Not surprised you laughing @CousinsCowgirl84, but once everyone is full electric like Tesla helped pushed the market to try and do, being full electric won't be anything special anymore.

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I doubt that. They are quite a ways far behind. If I had to guess who has the best chance to become a mass competitor to Tesla would be Hyundai. They actually have a competitive offering to Tesla test is available now. 

Not everyone agrees with you on them being that far behind:

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2022/04/19/2022-jeep-grand-cherokee-4-xe-electric/9531135002/

Personally, I can't fathom spending 30k+ on any car. So until there is a decent selection of AEVs under 20k (that get 200+ miles), I'll stick with HEVs. 

I'm sure I'm not the only (cheap 😆) one that can't stomach spending 30k+ on a car .

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:
7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not surprised you laughing @CousinsCowgirl84, but once everyone is full electric like Tesla helped pushed the market to try and do, being full electric won't be anything special anymore.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/mark-phelan/2022/04/19/2022-jeep-grand-cherokee-4-xe-electric/9531135002/

do you seriously think that article changes peoples minds?

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Bro, if I’m putting money on someone competing with Tesla soon, my money would be on someone who actually sales EVs now.

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

True. TSLA losing 30% of its stock value in 30 days is ****ing insane. 

Have you been watching the stock market?

04C002F0-FEAF-4212-830D-02BE725A6DF5.png

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Bro, if I’m putting money on someone competing with Tesla soon, my money would be on someone who actually sales EVs now.

10 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

do you seriously think that article changes peoples minds?

Not trying to change anyone's minds or say Jeep will make better electric vehicles then Tesla.  Look at what I said, by time I'm ready to replace the one I have, I'm confident Jeep will meet my needs and not have to bother looking at Tesla.  At this point I've changed my mind on ever getting one, regardless who does it ad well or better in the next 10 years.

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Personally, I can't fathom spending 30k+ on any car. So until there is a decent selection of AEVs under 20k (that get 200+ miles), I'll stick with HEVs. 

I'm sure I'm not the only (cheap 😆) one that can't stomach spending 30k+ on a car .

$30k?  I spent $80k+.  Can you even get a car for below 30k?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Not trying to change anyone's minds or say Jeep will make better electric vehicles then Tesla.  Look at what I said, by time I'm ready to replace the one I have, I'm confident Jeep will meet my needs and not have to bother looking at Tesla.  At this point I've changed my mind on ever getting one, regardless who does it ad well or better in the next 10 years.

Ill your word for it over any article that’s why I asked. 

6 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I bought a new car in 2018 for 21k. It’s nothing fancy but has everything I wanted in a car. Wagon, all wheel drive, turbo charged 4 cylinder that will get me up to 34mpg on the highway. 

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I am surprised at how far behind in EV the traditional automakers are. I always assumed their EVs were just around the corner...

I see them all Over the place but I think I’m looking for them. Just saw my first Rivian the other day that surprised me. I’ve seen a few Polestars(volvo) and quite a few Hyundai Ionique, VW id4, Mustang Mach Es and Nissan leafs. Even a couple Porsche. Now the majority of plug in EVs I see are Tesla but I think eventually we will see just as many of those as other manufacturers. I’m holding out for an ID Buzz. 

Edited by CobraCommander

7 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

7 hours ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

This was my thought. 

wtf can you even get for under 30 k?

geo prism? 

Did an overnight test drive Monday on a new Grand Wagoneer…gulp, $115K.  It was amazing, but really too large for my needs.

• Like 1