Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

I thought the southern folk would scoff at the Carpetbagger spouting such bombastic bull****.  But here we are: the Govner', who sends his kids to a Northern Catholic high school at $37+k per year/student, and the Southern aristocracy lap it up like the ****ing dogs they are. 

Here fido...

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Destino said:

Well, he’s choosing from republicans in a southern state.  I think he’s be hard pressed to find someone without a little bit of confederate love in them.  

Just pointing out, 

You are attempting to defend someone's string of appointing open racists to government positions, ....

(unless there's some sarcasm there they I'm missing) 

... by saying that if you simply pick southern Republicans at random, you're probably going to get an open racist. 

5 hours ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, 

You are attempting to defend someone's string of appointing open racists to government positions, ....

(unless there's some sarcasm there they I'm missing) 

... by saying that if you simply pick southern Republicans at random, you're probably going to get an open racist. 

Defend?  I’m condemning the entire party in VA.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I can’t believe we elected someone with that hairstyle.

Not what she wore when sworn in, equivalent to putting your hair in best behavior during the interview then letting loose once you pass the probationary period.

She does look like a Munster, not defending her...jus can't pretend I didn't do that when I had long hair at some point...

Edited by Renegade7

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I still can't believe Virginia elected the Maga GOP to lead it.

This belief that it couldn't happen is a big reason why it did, we still purple as purple comes. 

We aren't a blue state yet, we aren't New York or Cali, DNC thinking we were safe was a high order mistake.

• Like 3

A cpl of snippets:

**Governor Glenn Youngkin’s approval rating has increased slightly to 55% (from 53% in May) while disapproval remains at 35

**Approval for President Biden has increased slightly as well, up to 39%

**For the first time in our poll, a majority (51%) of Virginias have a favorable view of Governor Youngkin, while 37% continue to have an unfavorable view

**Former President Trump also saw a similar increase in favorability (37%, up from 34%)

**With recent speculation that Youngkin may run for president in 2024, the poll found that only 36% of Virginians think he should run while 54% do not. Among Republicans, just 49% feel that he should seek the party’s nomination for president.

**among Republicans, 28% would vote for Youngkin, 62% would vote for former President Trump, and 9% would vote for someone else or aren’t sure whom they would vote for.

more at link:

https://wset.com/news/local/heres-what-virginians-think-about-youngkin-2024-direction-of-the-nation-roanoke-college-institute-for-policy-and-opinion-research-supreme-court-abortion-president-joe-biden-donald-trump-ralph-northam-russia-ukraine-war-august-2022

• Thumb down 2

Have interacted with him a few times. He’s got a pretty strong personality and comes across as truly genuine. Also a bit of a goofball. Also loves football analogies. That was also the same for Northam. Both genuinely seem like good people, which is rare for politicians. 

McCaullif was fine but came across as 100% politician in his interactions. 

I have no doubt Youngkin is aiming for the WH. Hopefully in 2024. Because I think he has an appeal that could make level headed republicans pay attention and thus derail a Trump run. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

The problem is that Youngkin has been relatively quiet, at least when it comes to the average Virginian. When something big happens (and it will), he won't have a strong foundation to stand on. This guy has been riding the fence between "maga" and "conservative" and he WILL smash his nuts...sooner, rather than later.

For the first time in our poll, a majority (51%) of Virginias have a favorable view of Governor Youngkin, while 37% continue to have an unfavorable view. Again, that increase comes mostly from Republican feelings, but his rating is up slightly among Democrats and Independents as well. Former Governor Northam’s favorability also increased from 34% to 41%, showing that Virginians now have a more favorable view of the executive branch of our Commonwealth.  President Biden also enjoys a slight increase (41% now compared to 38% in May) in favorable views and minimal decline in unfavorability (55% now compared to 56% in May). Former President Trump also saw a similar increase in favorability (37%, up from 34%) and decrease in unfavorable views (58%, down from 59%).  Political party did not seem to play a large role in those changes.

Edited by Cooked Crack

On 9/4/2022 at 1:56 PM, Cooked Crack said:

That poll says "and 9% would vote for someone else or aren’t sure whom they would vote for. "

So Youngkin is more favored than DeSantis?  Maybe in Virginia, but I don't think he's as well known on the national stage.