Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

So someone explain how the polls turned him against so quick AFTER he wins?  Was it more a case of McTerry just running a terrible campaign?  Was it a matter of too many Democratic voters not showing up?  

I'm supposed to be getting ready for work, but I can't resist this question.Its both of those things, but its also one more thing that I've been screaming from the mountain tops: this guy lied! He played the suburban moderates, making them think he was the old fashioned type of Republican. He would then go south and play up the Trump card while denying anything Trump. I knew he played one of those sides, I just wasn't sure which.,,until now. We know he's actually a Trumper in fleece vest, the independent/swing voter/moderate Virginian is just as stupid as any indy/swingy/moddy in any other state. However, I will say that I'm impressed with how quickly we hated this guy, I guess that is a moral victory?

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The vile comment came hours after Manning had announced during a school board meeting last week that Virginia’s Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin and Education Secretary Aimee Guidera had selected her to join a new working group on innovative education models and lab schools that would explore partnering colleges and universities with K-12 schools. 

“It’s a really interesting group throwing out ideas of what we can do in innovation as partnerships with these universities,” she said at the time.

On Monday, Guidera told The Daily Beast through a spokeswoman that Manning would no longer be a part of the group.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Youngkin vetoed 25 bills that had bipartisan support in the General Assembly, throwing sharp elbows particularly at lawmakers who represent blue areas of Northern Virginia. For instance, he vetoed nine of the 10 bills sponsored by Sen. Adam P. Ebbin (D-Alexandria) while signing identical House bills in six of those cases.

Typically a governor signs both versions, allowing both sponsors bragging rights for getting a bill passed into law. Longtime state legislators said they could not think of a case in which a governor signed one bill and vetoed its companion. “This is my 19th year, and I’ve never seen it before,” said Del. Mark D. Sickles (D-Fairfax).

Edited by Cooked Crack

28 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Maybe this should be a lesson about voting for someone running on a fake issue to begin with, something Florida is likely to do with Texas not far behind.

Tbf, it's Virginia. They still talk about MS13 in their ads. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

In relation to the vetoed bills (can't find a list of all but the ones I found are below):

https://apnews.com/article/ralph-northam-virginia-legislature-57c04696b3ebd811ce67133a4a976833

The vetoed measures span a wide range of policy areas. A few of the highlights include:

— A bill that would have prohibited high school student athletes from receiving compensation in exchange for the use of their name, image, or likeness.

— A bill that would have prohibited heavy truck operators from using cruise control or compression-release engine breaks while driving in active snow, sleet or freezing rain. The measure was aimed at preventing a repeat of the snowy traffic logjams on Interstate 95 in January. Youngkin said the bill would impose burdens on the trucking industry and interstate transportation without any demonstrable benefit.

— A measure that would set a three-year statute of limitations on the collection of medical debt. In his veto statement, Youngkin said he was committed to reducing the burden of medical debt but thought the legislation would “inadvertently” capture other forms of debt.

— A measure that would have prohibited insurers from including a surcharge on the insurance premiums of tobacco users. “Requiring non-tobacco users to cover the increased healthcare costs associated with tobacco use is not a policy I can support,” Youngkin said.

1 and 4 I think are good - 2, I don't know enough about and 3 seems like it would have helped so curious if there is a new bill that can be done with better specifications.

Edited by steve09ru

15 hours ago, Simmsy said:

On the minor bright side, most Virginians are already sick of him.

he can't ever run again... and he is doing all of this when people will have LOTS of time to forget.    (but maybe it will get butts in the mid-term election voting booths?)

21 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I'm not sure the point you are making.

It passed the Va Senate unanimously and Youngkin still vetoed it. 

There ia partisan petty politics that stooges like this fool play..and then there is this. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

It passed the Va Senate unanimously and Youngkin still vetoed it. 

There ia partisan petty politics that stooges like this fool play..and then there is this. 

You said to read the last line.  I quoted the last line.  Look again.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Does Virginia have a recall process?

This is getting ridiculous...

Yes:  https://ballotpedia.org/Laws_governing_recall_in_Virginia

but he’s not getting recalled.  It would take longer to litigate then he will be in office.  Unless, he’s re-elected of course….🤔. Reminder fellas:  elections have consequences.

But, at least I can let my rentals bask in their slumminess, woohoo!  

……I’m kidding