Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

49 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

What I found a bit puzzling about Youngkin is why an accomplished businessman like  him would bother running for governor even of a state like VA.

My only conclusion is he has his eyes on the big prize.   Which is a bit scary.  But if he can displace Trump,, then its a win for me.   I see him as kind of a GWB clone - co opt certain populist Democratic agendas,  which creates a big tent which can siphon off swing voters while keeping the base. 

But displacing Trump is a major uphill battle at this stage, last stats I saw see that he doesn't even just have a plurality of support amonst Republican voters, but an outright majority which would make winning the primary a shoe-in.  I bet his play is to wait in the wings to see if something changes between now and 2024, or wait until 2028.  

George Bush was kept up at night worried about the possibility of a pandemic we were unprepared for.  Glenn Youngkin stays up at night scheming of ways he can kill people with a pandemic that is here.  Youngkin is no Bush.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

are you trying to say she is too fat to have an opinion?   or are you just trying to epitomize douchey ?

Would she be yelling at all of the democrats photographed without a mask in crowds recently?  I don’t think so.   She should have another Twinkie and Marlboro and relax. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 2

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

I haven’t felt this eliminated grocery tax one bit.

or has it not been eliminated yet? I thought Northam did it on his way out.

No sir.  Northam set the process in motion on his way out in Dec.  GY was bagging groceries the other day as a precursor to a round table about the repeal of the grocery tax.

https://patch.com/virginia/oldtownalexandria/amp/30399058/elimination-of-va-grocery-tax-touted-by-youngkin-in-alexandria

The gas tax cut is due to be implemented July 1st.

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

Feel like we’re overblowing the tweet of the picture of the kid with northam. 

Maybe but as a campaign arm you should know better than to try to dunk on a high school kid. Heck even if this was an adult trying to dunk with a **** post makes you look unprofessional. Especially when all the other person did was post an article. Get tougher skin.

5 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

What did that 17 year old do?  Try to vote in the Gubernatorial election?

Tweeted a news article.  That Youngkin's admin had literally removed the office of the person in the capitol who's job was to educate visiting students about slavery.  Without even telling said person that they'd done it.  

Rather than dispute what they'd done, (probably would have been tough, since it appears to be true), they chose to attack the person who posted it.  By labeling him as a Democrat.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Larry said:

Tweeted a news article.  That Youngkin's admin had literally removed the office of the person in the capitol who's job was to educate visiting students about slavery.  Without even telling said person that they'd done it.  

I know, I’m just riffing on the fact that Youngkin’s son (same age) tried to vote in November.

12 hours ago, mojo said:

Would she be yelling at all of the democrats photographed without a mask in crowds recently?  I don’t think so.   She should have another Twinkie and Marlboro and relax. 

douchebag it is.   Thank you for making that clear.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe but as a campaign arm you should know better than to try to dunk on a high school kid. Heck even if this was an adult trying to dunk with a **** post makes you look unprofessional. Especially when all the other person did was post an article. Get tougher skin.

Oh definitely. I mean the GOP in general has devolved to this sort of pathetic way of being. 

But this is kid is acting like… I don’t know. Feels like one of those cases where I was on his side at first and now I’m like common man… let’s not get crazy here. 

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I remember when he atleast tried to obscure it. Those days seem loooong gone. 

It’s the trumpism man. 

his greatest appeal to his people, in my opinion, is he gave them the permission structure required to speak and behave publicly the way they always wanted to, but couldn’t before. 

this is the “political correctness” they’ve always complained about. 

they want to openly mock people for their weight, or looks, or if they have disabilities, or if they were a soldier that died or was captured over seas. 

They think “kung flu” is clever

They think it’s fine to write off deaths from a preventable disease (covid) because the people had ‘other health complications’

to try to overturn an election because their guy didn’t win. 

so yeah. They definitely don’t hide who they are anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, mojo said:

Is it really a controversial position that a leading public official making an appearance indoors full of people during a pandemic should follow health officials' guidance and put on a damn mask?  Seriously?  

Many dems have been criticized when caught inappropriately without masks and most if not all of them have apologized.  They didn't BS with we all make choices shtick.  I'm guessing most at the grocery store didn't choose to be there with a moron governor who thinks going without mask indoors during a pandemic is somekind of weirdass virtue signaling.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tshile said:

Oh definitely. I mean the GOP in general has devolved to this sort of pathetic way of being. 

But this is kid is acting like… I don’t know. Feels like one of those cases where I was on his side at first and now I’m like common man… let’s not get crazy here. 

It’s the trumpism man. 

his greatest appeal to his people, in my opinion, is he gave them the permission structure required to speak and behave publicly the way they always wanted to, but couldn’t before. 

this is the “political correctness” they’ve always complained about. 

they want to openly mock people for their weight, or looks, or if they have disabilities, or if they were a soldier that died or was captured over seas. 

They think “kung flu” is clever

They think it’s fine to write off deaths from a preventable disease (covid) because the people had ‘other health complications’

to try to overturn an election because their guy didn’t win. 

so yeah. They definitely don’t hide who they are anymore. 

LET'S GO BRANDON!

• Haha 2