Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I just heard a bipartisan law will be passed to ban mask mandates. I'm not against ending it (when the time is), but I don't like the idea of a ban.

Chap Peterson (D-Fairfax) proposed this amendment.  It will certainly pass in the HoD but Va Senate is 21-19 Dem majority.

GY is just doing what he said he would do for his electorate.  Dems can stop it if they want.  Elections have consequences 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by stoshuaj

18 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Chap Peterson (D-Fairfax) proposed this amendment.  It will certainly pass in the GA but Va Senate is 21-19 Dem majority.

GY is just doing what he said he would do for his electorate.  Dems can stop it if they want.  Elections have consequences 🤷‍♂️ 

A twist to this is that Youngkin is expected to put an emergency order on the bill which, from what I understand, sends it back and a simple majority is needed pass it.  The dem support for the bill is with the understanding that it wouldn’t go into effect until July.

Sen. Scott A. Surovell (D-Fairfax) said he supported the measure Tuesday in part because it wouldn’t go into effect until July 1. The current law under which many school boards have established mask mandates expires as of Aug. 1, so the new measure would only speed things up by a month, he said.

14 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Chap Peterson (D-Fairfax) proposed this amendment.  It will certainly pass in the GA but Va Senate is 21-19 Dem majority.

Chap Petersen is a moron and really needs to be primaried out.

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

A twist to this is that Youngkin is expected to put an emergency order on the bill which, from what I understand, sends it back and a simple majority is needed pass it.  The dem support for the bill is with the understanding that it wouldn’t go into effect until July.

Sen. Scott A. Surovell (D-Fairfax) said he supported the measure Tuesday in part because it wouldn’t go into effect until July 1. The current law under which many school boards have established mask mandates expires as of Aug. 1, so the new measure would only speed things up by a month, he said.

Petersen said Youngkin could attach an emergency clause to make the legislation take effect immediately. That would require additional legislative action, but if everything passed, Petersen estimates masks could be optional by the end of the month. 

Chap and “Fightin’” Joe Morrissey.  Two of Va’s finest gentlemen.  Add in Bob Good and Amanda Chase, nutburger ****tail.  But, they get elected.  Chap will be at the forefront pushing for a stadium in his area.

Edited by stoshuaj

7 minutes ago, stoshuaj said:

Petersen said Youngkin could attach an emergency clause to make the legislation take effect immediately. That would require additional legislative action, but if everything passed, Petersen estimates masks could be optional by the end of the month. 

Chap and “Fightin’” Joe Morrissey.  Two of Va’s finest gentlemen.  Chap will be at the forefront pushing for a stadium in his area.

Right.  From what I understand, Youngkin puts the emergency clause in and then it goes back to the Senate for simple majority.  Dems in the senate (at least some) supported the measure with the idea that it will go into effect in July.  So, it will go into effect towards the end of February unless most of the Dems that supported it back off after the addition of the emergency clause.  At least that’s how I understand it from what I’ve read today.  

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

The AG fully knew that this person was a conspiracy-following loon.  That was one of their job requirements.  They didn't know that there was such an obvious paper trail for it.  

I find it funny that the GOP is worried that Biden will put any ol', unqualified, black chick on the SC just because she's black. I wonder how that dumb, black chick got the thumbs up from the governor?

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Wish these tweets had an article attached describing what reprioritizing resources looks like. One of my main concerns with Youngkin is that he’ll further pull resources from Nova.  Getting vaccination rates up in SW Virginia is a great goal, and I’ll applaud him if he achieves it.  I’d like to see goals and metrics.  What I don’t want to see is resources that are doing well in the state get shifted and then wasted.

It’s clear neither party wants mask mandates to be a campaign item for ‘22. They’re all punting in it. Make it an individual decision, now you don’t have to address it at every stop/rally/etc

just shows you what most politicians are, regardless of party. They’d rather pass the buck any chance they get, just to protect their job. 

that’s why we have a filibuster rule that lets one person from a safe district protect their entire party from having to vote or debate a bill

its why we only make change with large, sweeping bills. So people can fence sit and say they support some things but not others, and not have to defend their actual vote on specific issues so they can be held accountable by their constituents. 

and it’s why wearing masks in school is now a decision left to children aged 5-18. 

the age group scotus said should be treated differently in criminal justice because of their ability to make terrible decisions and be coerced by peer pressure. 

wouldn’t want to take on the challenge of actually leading and answering for your votes/decisions. 

Edited by tshile
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

and it’s why wearing masks in school is now a decision left to children aged 5-18. 

It's not. It's being left to the parents who want to brainwash said kids, and who get pissy if some smarty pants wants to tell their kid some pesky fact like it will probably save a few hundred lives. 

The same parents who want to make it illegal for teachers to interfere with their insistence that the Civil War was started by warmongering Lincoln, and that racism doesn't exist any more, those BLM folks are just there because them types are always destroying things and yelling about racism that doesn't exist, cause you hardly ever see a cross burning or a "whites only" sign. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

It's not. It's being left to the parents who want to brainwash said kids, and who get pissy if some smarty pants wants to tell their kid some pesky fact like it will probably save a few hundred lives. 

No it definitely is. 

sorry but once they walk through that door, they decide if they wear a mask or not. It doesn’t matter what you as a parent say, once that door closes. 

im sure some parents have children that at the age of 6 listen to their instruction s very well. 

the rest of us don’t.