Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think Louden is almost perfect the way it is. I would not like a Stadium there personally. 

I also dont want to give Synder money. Would rather he go bankrupt and have him sell or move the team but thats a whole other thing  

i could see them attaching a new stadium by 7 on one loudoun lol

either that or build a complex right on the silver line

41 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

.  If Snyder threatened to move the team if the public didn't fund a stadium he'd own I'd be thrilled because DC would have a new team with a new owner within 2 months.  

Yea because the nfl and the commanders act completely separately. 🤔

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

10 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

i could see them attaching a new stadium by 7 on one loudoun lol

either that or build a complex right on the silver line

This discussion should probably go in the stadium, but you'd almost have to put in where it is metro accessible, which also means it would be off the Dulles toll road.  That would make it far easier to get to than (1) One Loudoun or (2) FedExField, because people that want to drive/tailgate have the toll road which is generally not very busy and others could ride the metro.  If you put it on One Loudoun, everyone would have to drive (or get bused in from the Metro, which is still traffic) and route 7 would be a mess.  

1 hour ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I guess you don’t go to the games….

No city should build a stadium for a sports team. Every study I have ever read shows it's a terrible use of tax payer money.

The Economics of Sports Stadiums: Does public financing of sports stadiums create local economic growth, or just help billionaires improve their profit margin? (Berkley Economic Review)

Unfortunately, the subsidies have not created the local impact that they promised. To understand why, let’s consider the Atlanta Falcons’ new stadium, which cost $2 billion for construction—$700 million of which was paid by local taxpayers. While proponents may talk about a multiplier effect, several theoretical and empirical studies of local economic impact of stadiums have shown that beliefs that stadiums have an impact that matches the amount of money that residents pay are largely unfounded. The average stadium generates $145 million per year, but none of this revenue goes back into the community. As such, the prevalent idea among team owners of “socializing the costs and privatizing the profits” is harmful and unfair to people who are forced to pay for a stadium that will not help them.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, GoCommiesGo said:

No city should build a stadium for a sports team. Every study I have ever read shows it's a terrible use of tax payer money.

The Economics of Sports Stadiums: Does public financing of sports stadiums create local economic growth, or just help billionaires improve their profit margin? (Berkley Economic Review)

Berkeley Economic Review, now there is an unbiased group.  The problem with these studies is they don’t count the total economic impact.  

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

55 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Berkeley Economic Review, now there is an unbiased group.  The problem with these studies is they don’t count the total economic impact.  

If you have a study that contradicts this please share. I would love to read it. 

Edited by GoCommiesGo
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I guess you don’t go to the games….

No. After being raises going to games and inherit g my grandfathers account, I quit a few years ago. 

I never gave a **** about how bad FedEx is. I went to watch football games and I’ve 1 hour and 10 minutes away, and I got home 1 hour and 15 minutes after the game. Cause I knew where to park for best exit, and what roads to take home. I don’t give a crap about restaurants you can sit down in to watch the game (yeah one of the proposals by Bruce Allen at one of the season ticket holder meetings). I don’t care about a family/kid zone 

I care about seats with good views and a team that’s enjoyable to watch. 

I’ve hung out with several posters here at tailgates. They know my wife and my son. 

As soon as the team is run by someone other than the current dip****, I’ll reactivate my account. I’d love for my children to grow up going to redskins football games - even if we’re now the commanders. I grew up that way and it was awesome. Even though I wasn’t old enough to remember the 91 super bowl, and have since then watched nothing but bad team after bad team. 

Until then? He can **** off. Whatever makes him the most miserable and stressed out is what I’m supporting. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Also studies show hosting the Olympics is a terrible idea. 

The Olympic hosting is a terrible waste of money. I saw an idea years ago of just having two cities be the designated winter / summer hosts. 

The infrastructure would be there, it would be used every two years and it would be easily upgraded. 

• Like 1

Building a football stadium that hosts 30 events per year is a terrible waste of taxpayer money. Other pro sports venues like multipurpose arenas that hold 340+ events per year can be very beneficial. 

I’d post a link but certain posters will be like “pfft, what do experts know?”

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

RFK Stadium was a municipal works project…just sayin.

It also only cost $24 million. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't normally do this, but can we get back on topic please? I'm hearing that Youngkin wants to BAN mask mandates and democrats are going to help him do it. What's going to happen when the next surge comes along? That fool isn't going to put those protections back up.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I don't normally do this, but can we get back on topic please? I'm hearing that Youngkin wants to BAN mask mandates and democrats are going to help him do it. What's going to happen when the next surge comes along? That fool isn't going to put those protections back up.

What he wants to do and what is legal are two different things

State law says that school systems are run by their school boards.  School boards can adhere to cdc guidance if they so choose.  Some school boards have chosen to continue w masks, others notsomuch.  

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

I guess I'll be fairly happy if Youngkin gets bogged down in culture war bull**** and fails to do anything substantive.  I'm vaxxed and boostered, and I can choose to wear a mask and avoid people that don't.  Same for nearly everyone that lives around me.  

If you live in Mecklenberg county or other rural place, you probably aren't vaxxed and refuse to wear a mask, and that's fine so long as you stay there.  Go ahead and take your chances, I don't care and, frankly, I hope you catch a bad case of covid.  

In either case, Youngkin focusing on this issue probably doesn't have much real impact, so better he focus his efforts on this than things that actually matter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

What he wants to do and what is legal are two different things

State law says that school systems are run by their school boards.  School boards can adhere to cdc guidance if they so choose.  Some school boards have chosen to continue w masks, others notsomuch.  

I just heard a bipartisan law will be passed to ban mask mandates. I'm not against ending it (when the time is), but I don't like the idea of a ban.