Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Glenn Youngkin and friends.

Cooked Crack

• 2 weeks later...

Lawmakers ask inspector general for investigation of Youngkin political firm contract

Virginia House and Senate Democratic leaders sent a letter Thursday to a state oversight agency asking for an investigation of how the political media firm that works for Gov. Glenn Youngkin landed a $268,600 state contract in an unusual process with tight work deadlines and only one bidder.

The Virginia Tourism Corporation awarded Richmond-based Poolhouse a contract in May to produce a tourism video featuring Youngkin, to be shown at Virginia airports and welcome centers, as well as seven large wall panels to be displayed at airports.

The decision came at a time Poolhouse is helping Youngkin boost his national image as he considers a possible 2024 presidential run. The firm was instrumental in creating his strategy and branding during his successful campaign for governor last year.

“The company chosen to produce the ad, Poolhouse, has direct ties to Governor Youngkin,” wrote Senate Majority Leader Dick Saslaw, D-Fairfax, and House Minority Leader Don Scott Jr., D-Portsmouth, in their letter to the Office of the State Inspector General. “Poolhouse was paid over $1.5 million for political advertisements during the 2021 Gubernatorial election cycle by Governor Youngkin’s Campaign Committee.

“In a recent media interview, VTA’s Executive Director acknowledged that the VTA was aware of the company’s ‘familiarity’ with Governor Youngkin and found that to be ‘attractive’ in awarding the bid.”

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/lawmakers-ask-inspector-general-for-investigation-of-youngkin-political-firm-contract/article_1151d0e7-ae06-5401-b91a-798ea2ead44f.html

16 hours ago, JCB said:

That is a wonderful piece, and I think she hits at the fundamental issue that is creating a chasm in American society. There are a large group of people using the guise of “Christianity” to promote a white nationalist agenda. Disregarding the biblical construct of, love for all God’s creations, they instead ****ize the Bible to fit their ideal that, if you are not like me, straight, white, good god fearing folk, then you are my enemy, to sow hate and vilification against all others who look, think, and act differently from themselves. They drape themselves in the flag of false democracy, shroud themselves in false Christianity, so as to make their detractors the “bad” people. It is the absolute height of hypocrisy, and America needs to call this out, loud and often, and show these pretenders for the vile, hateful people that they are.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

But false Christianity has been happening for 2k years though. At some point, it is what it is. 

And it will always revert backward because at the end of the day, Christians believe they have been given almighty authority and their job is to convert as many non-believers as they possibly can.  In their eyes it’s a duty and their own salvation sorta depends on it.  

Then you point out obvious hypocrisy but the answer is always something along the lines of “I’ve been saved by Grace and so can you be also”.  It’s a convenient way of excusing any personal transgressions while judging others for their mistakes simply because they don’t have the security blanket of first asking Jesus for forgiveness.

Even from the age of like six or seven, it seemed pretty obvious to me there was an easy loophole where you could simply do whatever your whole life, confess and ask forgiveness at the very last moment but really really mean it, and still be saved.  In their eyes, Jeffrey Dahmer is in paradise right now and I’m going to burn in hell for all eternity.  He killed and ate like 20 people but became a believer before he died, while I treat people nicely but simply can’t complete the mental gymnastics needed to accept the religion of the Bible and so I am clearly very worse.

The very premise is completely ****ing flawed. Debating these people about it therefore does not work.  They can always blame your position on the Satan’s works whenever they get cornered.  There’s simply no way to get through to these people.  They have cut off every pass with a mythical roadblock that doesn’t exist within the boundaries of reason or logic.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Yeah, that's why playing the religion card is playing right into their hands. The debate should be on the merits of what constitutes reasonable citizenship in a pluralist society. And I know they're unreasonable, but changing the subject is the only practical strategy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JCB said:

Yeah, that's why playing the religion card is playing right into their hands. The debate should be on the merits of what constitutes reasonable citizenship in a pluralist society. And I know they're unreasonable, but changing the subject is the only practical strategy.

Not to mention that one of the core tenets of the constitutional foundation of this pluralistic, American society is the separation of church and state. This, IMO, needs to be hammered at vociferously. This country was founded under this principle. Anything that runs contrary to this tenet is constitutionally invalid. 

Unfortunately, the current SCOTUS is populated with these faux “Christians”, and are using convoluted, if not faulty, logic to make decisions in the interests of this immoral minority.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

And it will always revert backward because at the end of the day, Christians believe they have been given almighty authority and their job is to convert as many non-believers as they possibly can.  In their eyes it’s a duty and their own salvation sorta depends on it.  

Then you point out obvious hypocrisy but the answer is always something along the lines of “I’ve been saved by Grace and so can you be also”.  It’s a convenient way of excusing any personal transgressions while judging others for their mistakes simply because they don’t have the security blanket of first asking Jesus for forgiveness.

Even from the age of like six or seven, it seemed pretty obvious to me there was an easy loophole where you could simply do whatever your whole life, confess and ask forgiveness at the very last moment but really really mean it, and still be saved.  In their eyes, Jeffrey Dahmer is in paradise right now and I’m going to burn in hell for all eternity.  He killed and ate like 20 people but became a believer before he died, while I treat people nicely but simply can’t complete the mental gymnastics needed to accept the religion of the Bible and so I am clearly very worse.

The very premise is completely ****ing flawed. Debating these people about it therefore does not work.  They can always blame your position on the Satan’s works whenever they get cornered.  There’s simply no way to get through to these people.  They have cut off every pass with a mythical roadblock that doesn’t exist within the boundaries of reason or logic.

It always irritates me when they say "you're not ready yet" or "you'll come around" when people find out I'm not Christian or religious. I grew up in the church, my father was a deacon, I was forced to go, I DID come around...that's why I don't need that bull**** anymore.

It's like when people find out I hate meatloaf, then they want to force feed that crap to me.

Them: You don't like meatloaf? Well, you haven't had MY meatloaf.

Me: Does it have meat in it?

Them: Yes.

Me: Is it in a loaf?

Them: Yes.

Me: Does it have cocaine in it?

Them: Of course not.

Me: Don't want it.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Larry said:

Just curious. Anybody got info on what these fascists are intentionally lying their asses off about?  

It’s kind of hard to keep up with but:

she’s already said a week ago that she will not be reintroducing the bill:

VIRGINIA, USA — Virginia Delegate Elizabeth Guzman (D-Prince William) says she will not reintroduce a bill that would reportedly penalize parents who do not affirm their children's gender identity or sexual orientation. Her decision follows multiple reports that she planned to move forward legislation in the upcoming general assembly”

https://www.wusa9.com/amp/article/news/politics/virginia-delegate-says-she-will-not-reintroduce-bill-that-penalizes-parents-of-lgbtq-children/65-3bdf82df-5dca-478e-8e3c-fe8dbbabcd1a

quoting these two paragraphs from the Post about the bill bc they seem to be contradictory at least to my layman’s perception:

The measure proposed by Del. Elizabeth R. Guzman (D-Prince William) would expand the definition of child abuse to include inflicting “physical or mental injury” on children due to their gender identity or sexual orientation. Democrats scrapped the bill in 2020 on grounds that it was redundant; child abuse was already illegal in state code for any reason

Guzman’s measure speaks only to physical or mental abuse inflicted on a child. There is no mention of gender-affirming medical treatments, although some Republicans suggested that parents might be accused of inflicting emotional abuse if they are not supportive of their child’s LGBTQ identity“

more at link:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/10/14/lgbtq-bill-virginia-guzman/

at this point seems to be a ring of the Cruz circus comes to Va. more than anything. Not sure why GY feels the need for that but, whatever……

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Part of the way we've gotten to here. The belief that no one on the right will ever admit to being wrong. 

It's why we can't abandon trickle down economics. Can't do anything about climate change. Must not admit that Trump lost, or that Jan 6 was bad. Hell, cannot admit that the Confederacy was wrong. That opposing gay marriage was wrong. 

It's why they still will do everything they can to keep their base from taking a vaccine that is 93% effective at reducing hospitalization and, I believe, death. 

Heck, the above reason is why we're going to be seeing people with ****ing polio.

• Like 1