Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

I’ll say JD McKissic getting re-signed.

Has to be… otherwise we can’t use the Sickle and Hammer. The again Gibson could be the sickle and we can sign a workhorse to be the hammer…

With all this Wilson to Washington rumors, McKissic should be rushing to get that contract. If Wilson signs there will be more RB's interested in playing here

Also with this Wilson talk could put Seattle FA's Rashad Penny RB and TE's Everett and Dissly in play

53 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

With all this Wilson to Washington rumors, McKissic should be rushing to get that contract. If Wilson signs there will be more RB's interested in playing here

Also with this Wilson talk could put Seattle FA's Rashad Penny RB and TE's Everett and Dissly in play

There was also talk that DK Metcalf was potentially on the move from Seattle. Not sure it all stacks up.

Also, receiver David Moore had a level of success with Wilson before bouncing around the league last year. Ended up on GBs practice squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

McKissic is not only a crucial cog in our offense, but supposedly he's one of the most vocal leaders in the locker room.

He is staying without a doubt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

I love McKissic as much as anyone but part of me thinks we'd be better off letting him go, putting Gibson in that hybrid WR/RB role, and then going out and getting a real bruiser/power back. Might make us a better all around football team.

Someone mentioned Mark Ingram. I think he could be that Tolbert type for Rivera

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Ingram might be washed at this point but I think we can find a power back in like the 2nd or 3rd round.

I agree. I should of said someone with that Ingram style. I believe their is still room for a bruising back in this league. 

Miles Jack is a free agent could be good signing

We may not get Wilson but I think we could get Bobby Wagner from Seattle because of Salary cap.  That would be a defensive game changer.

Maybe we get stuck with a Trubsiky this year but add Wagner, Ingram and Wr A Robinson or J smith-schuster that an improved team

Edited by Redskins 2021

33 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Miles Jack is a free agent could be good signing

We may not get Wilson but I think we could get Bobby Wagner from Seattle because of Salary cap.  That would be a defensive game changer.

Maybe we get stuck with a Trubsiky this year but add Wagner, Ingram and Wr A Robinson or J smith-schuster that an improved team

Improved how?  We'll just be stuck in that 6-9 win range with no upward mobility.  We're never good enough to be a contender, and never terrible enough to be select in the top 3 of the draft.  Even when we do have a top 5 pick, we just screw that up as well (C. Young and RGIII).  We really need to get a franchise QB, by any means necessary.  Anything else is just ensures us of more mediocrity and sub-par seasons ahead.

Edited by samy316

7 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Improved how?  We'll just be stuck in that 6-9 win range with no upward mobility.  We're never good enough to be a contender, and never terrible enough to be select in the top 3 of the draft.  Even when we do have a top 5 pick, we just screw that up as well (C. Young and RGIII).  We really need to get a franchise QB, by any means necessary.  Anything else is just ensures us of more mediocrity and sub-par seasons ahead.

We are a borderline playoff team rite now. We need to get a couple of picks for next year to make a move like Denver did last year with Von Miller. Get an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick or another first rd pick.

Then you will have the ammo to make a move for a top vet or game breaking rookie. Get this team alittle further down the road incase Trubisky fails. Next year vet Qb will move with three potential franchise Qb available in draft.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 1:08 PM, Est.1974 said:

In addition, Laken Tomlinson would also be an excellent pick but too pricey at IOL.

Just realised that Tomlinson was drafted by Mayhew in Detroit, then Mayhew was inside the 49ers advocating they trade for him a couple of years later.

Not saying OG is somewhere we should spend ‘big’, but that’s a strong player link if guard was somewhere we wanted to add....but I like our potential pairing of Flowers and Schweitzer...

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Just realised that Tomlinson was drafted by Mayhew in Detroit, then Mayhew was inside the 49ers advocating they trade for him a couple of years later.

Not saying OG is somewhere we should spend ‘big’, but that’s a strong player link if guard was somewhere we wanted to add....but I like our potential pairing of Flowers and Schweitzer...

Nope.  I wouldn't want any 49ers o-lineman (except Trent obviously).  They are all masked by that scheme.  None of them can pass block (with Trent being the exception).  What happened when they had to pass-block in the playoffs?  They got destroyed.  Schweitzer & Flowers are perfectly fine.  I want to resign Scherff if possible.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Nope.  I wouldn't want any 49ers o-lineman (except Trent obviously).  They are all masked by that scheme.  None of them can pass block (with Trent being the exception).  What happened when they had to pass-block in the playoffs?  They got destroyed.  Schweitzer & Flowers are perfectly fine.  I want to resign Scherff if possible.

I wouldn’t resign Scherff for anywhere near what we have offered him previously. Be interesting to see what he eventually picks up in a new contract.

16 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Just seen that we could save almost 7m on the Cap by releasing Matt Loannidis, I really like Big L but would it be better to sign Settle to a LTD were his 2022 cap hit could be vet minimum with cap rises from 2023 onwards?.

That contract should definitely be looked at this offseason. Modest extension maybe, drop the 2022 cap hit by converting salary to signing bonus.

That one depends what the plan is with Payne in my opinion. 

• Like 4

On 2/8/2022 at 10:49 AM, sebestian said:

Someone mentioned Mark Ingram. I think he could be that Tolbert type for Rivera

Isn't Mark Ingram older than game of football itself? Surely, there's got to be options with more in the tank. Heck, we used to sign guys off the street who were effective. Say no to brand name running backs.

3 hours ago, markmills67 said:

Just seen that we could save almost 7m on the Cap by releasing Matt Loannidis, I really like Big L but would it be better to sign Settle to a LTD were his 2022 cap hit could be vet minimum with cap rises from 2023 onwards?.

I think the real question here is do you get more bang out of keeping Ionadis or signing Payne to a long term deal. Seems Payne regressed last year. Of course, everyone else on D did too.