Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Do we really need Brandon Sheriff at 18plus mil a year? I would think we could get 2 good guards for that much money.

No we don't in my opinion, Schweitzer will step into the RG position with not much drop off in production, if any at all. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Can't see us remotely considering any of these. Maybe Ridley IF the price is right. But we have $12m tied to Samuel this year, and if we re-structure McLaurin, which is a priority, he's going to be making $20m + going forward. We can't trade draft resources and commit that much cap to the WR group without a QB.

10 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Can't see us remotely considering any of these. Maybe Ridley IF the price is right. But we have $12m tied to Samuel this year, and if we re-structure McLaurin, which is a priority, he's going to be making $20m + going forward. We can't trade draft resources and commit that much cap to the WR group without a QB.

I would agree, logically that looks the right approach.

That Samuel contract is very manageable though as it has 2 voidable years included so the cost is early spread if you wanted to convert his 2022 base.

Clearly Terry Mc needs that 100mil contract.

Rivera does, or at least did, love Cooper when we chased him back in 2020. Trading for isn’t an option, but I would wager that if he was released we would  go after him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I would agree, logically that looks the right approach.

That Samuel contract is very manageable though as it has 2 voidable years included so the cost is early spread if you wanted to convert his 2022 base.

Clearly Terry Mc needs that 100mil contract.

Rivera does, or at least did, love Cooper when we chased him back in 2020. Trading for isn’t an option, but I would wager that if he was released we would  go after him.

I was reading that jets want to trade for cooper.

• Like 1

a guy like ron could do well just pursuing some of the bucs fa's for next year that could help any new qb we get

a lot of their big name guys---like jensen and vea to just name two i'd love---and a couple of other good ones that aren't as publicized by media...course if tom is there again which i'm expecting win or lose, i'm sure he will insist on jensen remaining

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

a guy like ron could do well just pursuing some of the bucs fa's for next year that could help any new qb we get

a lot of their big name guys---like jensen and vea to just name two i'd love---and a couple of other good ones that aren't as publicized by media...course if tom is there again which i'm expecting win or lose, i'm sure he will insist on jensen remaining

Vita Vea just signed a 4-year contract within the last week.

I have no idea how they’re able to resign all those guys last year and continue to resign more big contracts.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

No we don't in my opinion, Schweitzer will step into the RG position with not much drop off in production, if any at all. 

Yeah, Schweitzer played well above expectations IMO, he could easily step into Scherff's place (as much as I like him). Also, four of our twelve practice squad players are guards. I think this points to them having a plan at guard that doesn't include Scherff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Vita Vea just signed a 4-year contract within the last week.

I have no idea how they’re able to resign all those guys last year and continue to resign more big contracts.

ah, thanks dh...oddly, it was just yesterday on gmfb that someone had it that vea was on the list

yeah, it was remarkable they brought them all back but the injury bug bit them this year while last year they were  given a magic pass on key injuries as they went into their play-off run (as i remember it anyway)

On 1/21/2022 at 3:43 PM, Jumbo said:

I could see Leftwich targeting a couple of the Bucs high end FA’s when he gets appointed HC.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:00 AM, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Do we know why ridley left for mental health reasons and if he wants to really play football long term?  With our ability to make off the field news, I'd be concerned we trade for him and he'd just sit.   No real info on this, just curious if people know more on this. 

Edited by jsharrin55

Jerry calling out Amari Coopers production and contract is a good one. I think he may well get moved on unless the noise is to make him redo his deal.

Thing is, if someone trades for Cooper they pick up his 3 year 60mil remaining deal with 20mil that guarantees in March. There was some implication that the Jets were keen, just wonder if people think he is now a 20mil per year receiver??

I love him to be cut and come here on a lesser contract to that. 

We need to sort out the Landon Collins contract. You either have to cut him or accept that you are alright paying him 12mil this season, if you do that, I would convert some base to bonus to create 3-4mil in space this season.

Flowers playing on a one year 10mil deal. If you want him as your long term LG, extend him now. Would create a bit more space this season too.

Ioannidis also has a contract worth looking at. 

If we are going for a rookie QB all of the above are necessarily important. If we are going big on a vet QB, as well as a couple of other positions, then the additional space may well be required.

I'd be in favor of a high priced WR. Since Terry's deal will pretty much be an extension and not a starting new contract, you are not paying him a lot of cap space in the short term. He will only cost 1 mil next year and back-loading the furture years you can feasable have a 5 to 7 Mil impact in 2023. By the time Terry's money really comes due in 2024, Samuel will be off the books and you'll only be paying Terry and the new guy at the WR position.

Of course we will need a QB to lure said WR first...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I'd be in favor of a high priced WR. Since Terry's deal will pretty much be an extension and not a starting new contract, you are not paying him a lot of cap space in the short term. He will only cost 1 mil next year and back-loading the furture years you can feasable have a 5 to 7 Mil impact in 2023. By the time Terry's money really comes due in 2024, Samuel will be off the books and you'll only be paying Terry and the new guy at the WR position.

Of course we will need a QB to lure said WR first...

Totally agree. Brady only had Evans and Gronk which wasn’t enough. I would also consider spending on a TE instead. Either way, I would be adding one more to the WR/TE set up.

11 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Totally agree. Brady only had Evans and Gronk which wasn’t enough. I would also consider spending on a TE instead. Either way, I would be adding one more to the WR/TE set up.

Bates is a great blocker and Logan is a willing one.

You may actually be able to target a TE that works great as a receiving threat but sucks every where else. You don't need that all around monster.

Or we could try and develop Reyes. Since we refused to throw that man a ball I have no idea what level of confidence to have in him right now.

• Like 2