Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle


Riggo-toni
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

 

Bates is a great blocker and Logan is a willing one.

 

You may actually be able to target a TE that works great as a receiving threat but sucks every where else. You don't need that all around monster.

 

Or we could try and develop Reyes. Since we refused to throw that man a ball I have no idea what level of confidence to have in him right now.

Yep it’s more the receiving threat I think we need to add.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

 

Bates is a great blocker and Logan is a willing one.

 

You may actually be able to target a TE that works great as a receiving threat but sucks every where else. You don't need that all around monster.

 

Or we could try and develop Reyes. Since we refused to throw that man a ball I have no idea what level of confidence to have in him right now.

If the ball hits him in the head, he'll get another concussion. I wouldn't count on Reyes much and they obviously don't. 

 

Bates was the top rated blocker and showed a lot of promise in the passing game. You aren't designing a lot of deep outs for the guy, but he did great finding soft spots in zones and bailed Heinicke out a bunch of times. He has really soft hands and is smart. I think he has a great career ahead of him.

  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Giddy4Gibson said:

I am excited to see what Reyes can do with the ball in his hands. Sounds like he just had a ton to learn between the ears but the physical metrics are off the charts good. 

I wouldn't hold out much hope. He never produced as a college basketball player, I don't see him producing as a professional football player. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

 

I not so sure you can sign Terry until the new league year.

Technically it is still to early for us to sign him.

Is there a period at the end of the season that you can't sign players? I know we just extended Leno a few weeks ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

OJ Howard is a free agent always thought he could be a great player. I think he would be a good signing.

 

I agree. He needs a 1 year prove it deal to reestablish his value. There are probably better situations for him with a better QB but he'd get a ton of playing time here, especially with Logan Thomas likely to be on PUP

  • Thumb up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

OJ Howard is a free agent always thought he could be a great player. I think he would be a good signing.

Disagree.  If (he as a TE) couldn't cut it with Brady as his QB, than what is he?  Brady loves TE(s).  I know Gronk & Brate were ahead of him, but TE isn't a need position for us.  Schultz is a much better player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mhd24 said:

Dallas's biggest FA (IMO) is Dalton Schultz.  He's extremely underrated.  Losing him (and Amare) would be big blows to their offense.

Not to mention they could lose Gallup and Cedric Wilson....Wilson had a pretty good year for them and is still relatively young. I'd take a hard look at him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Is there a period at the end of the season that you can't sign players? I know we just extended Leno a few weeks ago

 

NFL players on rookie deals can not get new deals until the completion of their third year. I believe Mclovin is in his third year until the new league year begins, sending him to his forth year.

 

The team has made it known they want to extend him, and I'm not sure if they are allowed to have "something in place", but I don't think we are allowed to ink him to a new deal until he is in his forth year. (In March I think)

 

Leno, as a player who is not on a rookie deal, is not subject to such a rule.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Disagree.  If (he as a TE) couldn't cut it with Brady as his QB, than what is he?  Brady loves TE(s).  I know Gronk & Brate were ahead of him, but TE isn't a need position for us.  Schultz is a much better player.

Howard will come in pretty cheap and has alot of potential 

Edited by Redskins 2021
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure how cheap Howard will truly be. I know he got buried in Tampa ... and he has a ton of potential ... but I have a hard time seeing him flash in Year 6 all of a sudden. I would absolutely kick the tires on him for a cheap 1-2 year deal and would be really happy to have his talent in the TE room, but I wouldn't expect much other than some solid depth and some ability to split out wide on occasion while Thomas recovers from the ACL.

 

TE is a position where I think we are okay, but we COULD upgrade it if the right pieces fell into place and kind of double-down on our offensive identity. I do have some confidence that John Bates could develop into a quality TE1 over time. He showed a lot of flashes this year, but I do think having him + a guy who is more of a pass-catcher would be great. Bates is a good blocker. George Kittle is an elite level blocker and he completely disappears for games at a time because they keep him in to block because he is so good. If Bates can be 75% of that type of player for us, I think we could use more of a pass-catching TE. That is Logan Thomas, but I wouldn't mind going out and getting a Njoku/Howard type to come in and play out wide.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Bates is a good blocker. 

I think he’s more than good, I think he’s an elite blocker right now. His development is really exciting because he performed well across the board. He’s never going to be a move TE weapon on the pass game but he can absolutely pick up big chunks of yards and his hands are phenomenal.

 

We definitely should look for a vet receiving TE to play while Logan heals.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's talk MLB, the QB of the Defense and clearly the biggest missing piece that isnt a QB. I dont think this is a hole we fill in the draft. We're either going to draft a QB in the first or trade that pick for a QB, so I think it has to be free agency 

 

What does the board know about Foyesade Oluokun? I've never watched him, but according to PFF he's going to get paid and was the 3rd highest rated FA LBer. 

 

From PFF:

 

 

2021 TEAM
ATL
PROJECTED CONTRACT
4 yrs — $10m avg/yr
$22.5m guaranteed, $40m total
 

Oluokun leads the way for a very underwhelming free-agent class at off-ball linebacker, though his timing of reaching unrestricted free agency could work out nicely in his favor. This past offseason, San Francisco 49ers linebacker Fred Warner and subsequently Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard reset the market at the position at just under $20 million per year after years of stagnation. With Oluokun one of the few young players available, a market could develop for him that exceeds expectations.

 

Kyzir White from LA Chargers and Leighton VE from Dallas? Anyone that's going to be a cap casualty? 

 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Let's talk MLB, the QB of the Defense and clearly the biggest missing piece that isnt a QB. I dont think this is a hole we fill in the draft. We're either going to draft a QB in the first or trade that pick for a QB, so I think it has to be free agency 

 

What does the board know about Foyesade Oluokun? I've never watched him, but according to PFF he's going to get paid and was the 3rd highest rated FA LBer. 

 

From PFF:

 

 

2021 TEAM
ATL
PROJECTED CONTRACT
4 yrs — $10m avg/yr
$22.5m guaranteed, $40m total
 

Oluokun leads the way for a very underwhelming free-agent class at off-ball linebacker, though his timing of reaching unrestricted free agency could work out nicely in his favor. This past offseason, San Francisco 49ers linebacker Fred Warner and subsequently Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard reset the market at the position at just under $20 million per year after years of stagnation. With Oluokun one of the few young players available, a market could develop for him that exceeds expectations.

 

Kyzir White from LA Chargers and Leighton VE from Dallas? Anyone that's going to be a cap casualty? 

 


Oluokun played at Yale and ran a sub 4.5 40… I’d pay him to QB our D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

I think he’s more than good, I think he’s an elite blocker right now. His development is really exciting because he performed well across the board. He’s never going to be a move TE weapon on the pass game but he can absolutely pick up big chunks of yards and his hands are phenomenal.

 

We definitely should look for a vet receiving TE to play while Logan heals.

 

Thomas is expected to be ready for camp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...