Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: No Effort Version - Dallas vs. WFT II

KDawg

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I'm MORE upset at the lack of effort than the beat down. The guys out there stunk. But if you watched that and saw every person on that field giving a great effort I really don't know what game you watched.

I didn't even watch the full game, perhaps this game was different than every other butt whooping before it.  But in many games past, our fans clearly confuse ability with effort.  It happened in the last game vs. Dallas of which I watched every snap.  At no point was I thinking guys weren't giving it everything they have, they were just getting beat by a superior specimen in front of them.  Yet there was post after post about how the team didn't care about how important the game/rivalry was and gave no effort, etc.

So again, maybe this game was different and guys actually had packed it in and quit caring.  If that's the case, I'm curious who exactly that was - were they whatever staples of our roster that we have left playing or was it the bums off the street we had to suit up?

Not enough stars came to play this year. That's the difference between Dallas and WFT this year. 

Parsons DROY/DPOY and Young was a complete non-factor. And you pick Lawrence over Sweat. That D-line played like WFTs was hyped to be. It's embarassing. 

No QB to throw the star on offense (Terry) the ball. I hate when elite talents on teams are wasted. Veteran QB or top 5 draft pick. Nothing else will do. 

Gibson doing his best Tiki impersonation this season. Logan Thomas injured and the musical chairs on O-line hasn't helped things.

The corners after Jackson and Fuller are putrid. Depth at corner...hello? Please sir, can I have some more?

Landon covering is still really hard to watch. They need that cash to improve the team. 2-3 starters with that money. It's been another epic failure. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I didn't even watch the full game, perhaps this game was different than every other butt whooping before it.  But in many games past, our fans clearly confuse ability with effort.  It happened in the last game vs. Dallas of which I watched every snap.  At no point was I thinking guys weren't giving it everything they have, they were just getting beat by a superior specimen in front of them.  Yet there was post after post about how the team didn't care about how important the game/rivalry was and gave no effort, etc.

So again, maybe this game was different and guys actually had packed it in and quit caring.  If that's the case, I'm curious who exactly that was - were they whatever staples of our roster that we have left playing or was it the bums off the street we had to suit up?

You can't go off of a post that you see and assume that's a general consensus. That's silly.

We got outmatched last time and the OL stunk and Heinicke stunk. There was effort.

Go ahead and actually watch this game and then tell me there was great effort out there.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You can't go off of a post that you see and assume that's a general consensus. That's silly.

We got outmatched last time and the OL stunk and Heinicke stunk. There was effort.

Go ahead and actually watch this game and then tell me there was great effort out there.

"A post"???

It's all out there for all of us to see - it's numerous posts pretty much every time we lose...for decades.  Not just with Rivera, but every coach that came before him.

So yeah - if you are saying effort was an issue yesterday - I'm not saying you're wrong.  My post wasn't meant as a rebuttal to anything you posted, it was more a general statement vs. general fan sentiment every time we get our butts kicked.  And I stand by the fact, that it's numerous posts by numerous posters every single time we get whipped.  Not you, but plenty of others that post here.

Over in the prediction thread I had us getting a win on sheer will and determination....I'm a fool.

I have liked the heart and character this team has had ever since RR took the reins. WFT happened ?

Fortunately, I dozed off in the first quarter and when I woke up after the half the game was over. 

Allen & Payne scrapping on the sideline ? 

I wish it would F'n stop already. 

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

First time I’ve ever chosen to roll

over and go to sleep during the first half of a WFT prime time game no matter how bad it was going.  But I’ve never been more convinced that there was less of a chance of making a competitive football game than I was last night.

That has to be one of the worst losses in our history or am I making that up?

Same for me.  I turned it off after McCain blasted Schultz; worth the penalty!  I wanted to end the night on a good note.

The team is just decimated with COVID and injuries.  What is there to evaluate now?  I don't see them winning in the next two weeks either so just put anyone nicked up on IR and start working on the draft.  There's nothing to be gained by winning the next two games.  

2 minutes ago, TheBlueIndian said:

Over in the prediction thread I had us getting a win on sheer will and determination....I'm a fool.

Nah, not a fool. I tuned in, too. Fans are meant to be irrational.

I think what happened is the team did the math and stopped believing in the season. Their hearts gave out. But more importantly, they just ran out of bodies. Look at their back seven yesterday... they were missing two starting linebackers, a starting corner, and a "starting" buffalo nickel. 

We still should have done better, but third stringers and off the street guys on four days rest without even an opportunity to get a practice in are kind of ____________ed.

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No, people don't confuse effort with ability.

Our offensive linemen at times weren't even moving. Our LBs weren't dropping into zones. They didn't realize Terrence Steele was an eligible receiver. I could go on and on about why there was a lack of effort.

See the above.

I'm MORE upset at the lack of effort than the beat down. The guys out there stunk. But if you watched that and saw every person on that field giving a great effort I really don't know what game you watched.

Eh, I think TH played hard. He was just awful. David Mayo looked like he was jogging out there. Was he literally taking his big chance in the NFL and not trying hard or is he just horrible and probably shouldn’t be on an NFL for more than a play or two per game? 

And the issue isn’t just the volume of guys who are out— it’s WHO was out. McKissick, Thomas, Young, Scherff, Jackson, Collins, etc.: literally the best/most talented players on the team. There is a reality here. Let’s say we had most of those guys and the Cowboys didn’t have Parsons, Lamb, Lawrence, etc… game probably looks different. 

When you give up 42 in a half, criticism is deserved regardless. It was bad last night. I am totally fine with fans handing out failing grades to the staff. They failed for sure. But I don’t think it is fair or accurate to accuse them of not caring or not trying. Sometimes you stink and things snowball and you aren’t sure how to slow it down. 

Our offensive linemen at times weren't even moving. Our LBs weren't dropping into zones. They didn't realize Terrence Steele was an eligible receiver. I could go on and on about why there was a lack of effort.

See the above.

Eh, I think TH played hard. He was just awful. David Mayo looked like he was jogging out there. Was he literally taking his big chance in the NFL and not trying hard or is he just horrible and probably shouldn’t be on an NFL for more than a play or two per game? 

And the issue isn’t just the volume of guys who are out— it’s WHO was out. McKissick, Thomas, Young, Scherff, Jackson, Collins, etc.: literally the best/most talented players on the team. There is a reality here. Let’s say we had most of those guys and the Cowboys didn’t have Parsons, Lamb, Lawrence, etc… game probably looks different. 

When you give up 42 in a half, criticism is deserved regardless. It was bad last night. I am totally fine with fans handing out failing grades to the staff. They failed for sure. But I don’t think it is fair or accurate to accuse them of not caring or not trying. Sometimes you stink and things snowball and you aren’t sure how to slow it down. 

See the above.

Just now, kleese said:

Again,

It's not about the score. It's about what I saw from players. Some were trying sure. Heinicke tried. But when I say effort I mean collectively. There wasn't enough collective effort for me to feel comfortable with the ass kicking.

Had it been a team full of guys flying around, communicating and doing their best in a game we really had no chance in... fine. But it wasn't.

7 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Brian Mitchell is basically the average poster on this forum.  

I trust @KDawg about this subject more than BMitch.  Dude always yelling about effort and coaching after every loss.

• Like 2

Does anyone have the video of the game and if so, can they post the back to back plays in the 2nd quarter when Dallas was driving and Smith-Williams and then Toohill were running onto the field on consecutive plays as Dallas was snapping the ball? So embarrassing for this to happen to an NFL team- on consecutive plays no less. This falls on Del Rio and the guy appears to be falling asleep on the sideline a little more each week.

42 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That Malik Turner 61 yard run didnt seem like their best effort.

It’s difficult to win when missing 15+ key contributors even against lousy teams, let alone a contender like Dallas. 

Thought it was going to be a run of the mill 31-13 drubbing but the overall suck of all WFT parties involved really made it a special night… for the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Again,

It's not about the score. It's about what I saw from players. Some were trying sure. Heinicke tried. But when I say effort I mean collectively. There wasn't enough collective effort for me to feel comfortable with the ass kicking.

Had it been a team full of guys flying around, communicating and doing their best in a game we really had no chance in... fine. But it wasn't.

But in all seriousness, has a team ever gotten annihilated and the fans left happy that they were “flying around” and playing with great effort? This literally happens every time a team get me drilled. 

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Brian Mitchell is basically the average poster on this forum.  

I trust @KDawg about this subject more than BMitch.  Dude always yelling about effort and coaching after every loss.

Yeah, this is the BMitch schtick. Doc Walker does it too. All we ever need to do is punch someone in the mouth. 

• Like 2

Just now, kleese said:

But in all seriousness, has a team ever gotten annihilated and the fans left happy that they were “flying around” and playing with great effort? This literally happens every time a team get me drilled. 

See, now you're getting it.

When teams don't give great effort they get drilled.

Glad we're on the same page.

• Thumb down 1

I don't think it took too much conjecture to understand that if the Cowboys came out strong early, the WFT would collapse:

• the talent on the field was a complete mismatch - the only star missing from the Cowboys roster was Tyron Smith
  • the best talent on the field for the WFT was exhausted from Tuesday's game, which was realistically the last chance to make the playoffs
  • the players know that it's difficult to win if the opponent scores over 21 points, and that was threshold was pretty clearly going to be exceeded early on
  • the Cowboys are playing loose and having fun - every game for WFT is a struggle.  It wears down the players even more than it affects the fans.

Better days will come.  Not next weekend, and not necessarily in my lifetime, but they will come.

• Like 1

I don't think effort was the issue.  These are real human's.  

Over the past week many of them have been hit with Covid (Who, even those with mild and no symptoms report days of tiredness and easily winded).

They saw a teammate have a major car accident, be in the hospital, and the passenger killed.  

They were physically outmatched and esp on defense, out coached.  

The effort obviously dropped as the game went on because, well, they are human.  Hard to still go 100% physically when nothing is going right.  

The monday night massacre 11 years ago against the Eagles is a example of a team that gave NO effort. This team last night just got their ass whooped after a physical and emotional 10 days.