Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

D was playing with anchors tied to their ankles today courtesy of our own ineffective offense. They did fine all things considered, could not ask or expect much more from them given the constant horrific positions they were put in. They even got 7 points back via the Pick 6.

That's not even counting the almost INTs. Taylor was actively dotting up that Cowboys DB Brown but the dude had hands that would make Carlos Rogers blush.

The O today was criminally bad, and the tape from the first half needs to be burned.

Its not the end of the world, but a performance that bad can not happen again.

• Like 6

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

No, I'm implying that anyone who gets it would still be held out, as well as any close contacts, right?  I don't know for sure, which is why I'm asking.

Anyone who is positive would be held out, but if you are vaxxed you can return after testing negative twice. Had Sweat been vaccinated, he could have had an opportunity to play this week if he provided two subsequent neg tests. Since he is not, he was automatically ruled out the second he tested positive because he must be out a min of 10 days, which could grow into a longer absence as well.

Basically Sweat's choice automatically ruled him out for 10 days or more, which could have been avoided. Its also very difficult to point towards anyone else when his whole unit is suddenly sidelined with covid shortly after. His actions have unquestionably directly affected his own, and quite probably his unit's availability for this game, which just happened to be the biggest one of the year to date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, FootballZombie said:

Anyone who is positive would be held out, but if you are vaxxed you can return after testing negative twice. Had Sweat been vaccinated, he could have had an opportunity to play this week if he provided two subsequent neg tests. Since he is not, he was automatically ruled out the second he tested positive because he must be out a min of 10 days, which could grow into a longer absence as well.

Basically Sweat's choice automatically ruled him out for 10 days or more, which could have been avoided. Its also very difficult to point towards anyone else when his whole unit is suddenly sidelined with covid shortly after. His actions have unquestionably directly affected his own, and quite probably his unit's availability for this game, which just happened to be the biggest one of the year to date.

Exactly. Thank you.

If he gets the shot and still gets covid, hey that's bad luck, what can you do. If you do all the right things, you can't get upset at what happens after.

But ol' Monty made all the wrong decisions and not only did he get punished but he significantly punished the entire ball club.

Would we have won if he Sweat played? Probably not, all things considered, we weren't one player away from beating Dallas. But our chances certainly would have been better.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Exactly. Thank you.

If he gets the shot and still gets covid, hey that's bad luck, what can you do. If you do all the right things, you can't get upset at what happens after.

But ol' Monty made all the wrong decisions and not only did he get punished but he significantly punished the entire ball club.

Would we have won if he Sweat played? Probably not, all things considered, we weren't one player away from beating Dallas. But our chances certainly would have been better.

True, all of our backups had a combined total of snaps for the season that was essentially a game's worth.

34 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Didn’t Allen cough up the ball on a desperation play at the worst possible time? He should have been smart and taken the sack. 

Allen sucks. That run was about the only play he made.

My point was, Dallas was giving up large portions of the field  where Taylor could have ran for 6-8 yards easy.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Capsman said:

I wouldn’t hesitate to trade Sweat.  I think this stretch has shown us that our d-line interior is good enough that average d-ends who play within the structure can help us win.  

I mean I'd still want some value for him but at this point I'd probably take a 2nd. Or package him in a deal for a stud QB.

I do still wanna see Young in this defense though. I still believe in his talent as frustrated as I was by his lack of production this year.

• Like 1

Today my world came full circle. It was an eye opening right of passage for my Son who is 7, and is fully engaged in this team. It was his first Skins vs Cowboys game where he’s totally vested.  When he started crying at 18-0 with everything on the field going wrong I was both a bit heart broken, and very proud.  He cares. It reminded me of some tears that flowed in 1983 after a 1 point loss to Dallas when I was just a young boy myself.

What have I done? Lol.

It was an opportunity to hammer home a few mantras that he will hopefully learn and carry throughout his life. 
1. Never ever give up

2. No matter the score keep fighting
3. Think Positive

4. Work your way out of problems 1 play/step at a time. 

5.**** the cowboys

So today’s game was super disappointing offensively. Our injuries and limitations were exposed at every turn. Heinicke was awful and so was the Oline. 4 Turnovers and 5 Sacks. It was a nightmare. As a sidenote the refs were horrific. 

As bad as all that was, the D gave us a chance, they played well enough to win. We had the ball with the chance to tie the score with less than 3 min to go. 

Flush this down the tubes and move on.

We still have everything to play for.

Regroup, Refocus, and Get Healthy. 

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, wit33 said:

Heineke looked like Russel Wilson did against Washington. The Dallas defense had a much better plan than the Washington offense. 

That's a good comparison, right down to the almost bringing us back into it in the end (although Heinicke got hurt on the comeback). My feeling is that just about every team has a bad game. We had a bad half. And yeah it was really bad but you don't get 2 losses for really bad halves or games. Lets just watch the tape and get ready for Sunday against a rested Eagles team. 

11 hours ago, Burgold said:

If only we could have attached Haskins's arm to Taylor's body before he left.

Not to mention that Terry is also the kind of player that will sacrifice his body in an attempt to make every catch that is even remotely close to him....that's going to take its toll, it may already have caught up with him yesterday.

17 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Is it written in the NFL by laws that every team WFT plays this year has to come off a period of rest?

The NFL schedulers really made this season as hard as they possibly could for Washington. The guantlet of Superbowl contenders at the beginning. The gauntlet of division foes when we're worn down and injured at the end. Making sure every team we plays has more rest. The balance of our home and away games. I know it wasn't a conspiracy. I know it was a fluke of the schedule that made our 1st place schedule hit KC, GB, TB, and every other team that was supposed to compete for the Super Bowl, but would it have hurt them not to schedule every team off their bye or ten day rest? Would have killed them to sneak in a game against the Jets or Detroit? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

My point was, Dallas was giving up large portions of the field  where Taylor could have ran for 6-8 yards easy.

It seems that since Taylor became the entrenched starter, he's developed a more cautious mindset in terms of scrambling and running.  Which takes away what made him so surprisingly effective early on.  I want to see him break off more runs than he has lately.  They generate positive yards, sustain drives, and can open up passing lanes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

The NFL schedulers really made this season as hard as they possibly could for Washington. The guantlet of Superbowl contenders at the beginning. The gauntlet of division foes when we're worn down and injured at the end. Making sure every team we plays has more rest. The balance of our home and away games. I know it wasn't a conspiracy. I know it was a fluke of the schedule that made our 1st place schedule hit KC, GB, TB, and every other team that was supposed to compete for the Super Bowl, but would it have hurt them not to schedule every team off their bye or ten day rest? Would have killed them to sneak in a game against the Jets or Detroit? 

Our balance of home and away games actually has been pretty even this year. Before the bye week, we had two home, two away, then weeks 5-8 we had two home, then two away. Then the bye week. After the bye week, it was home, away, home, away. That’s even. Then we were home yesterday. 

The only imbalance comes these final 4 games when we have two straight road games, and then a home game, then a road game to end the regular season. 

Also, to claim that the league scheduled us to play every team coming off their bye week or 10 days rest is just not true. Out of our 17 opponents this season, here are the teams who had extra rest heading into our game

broncos (TNF then us 10 days later)

raiders (10 days rest) 

cowboys: 10 days rest 

eagles: bye week

thats 4. FOUR. Out of 17. 

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

The schedules are set in advance. You play your division, one other division in your conference which rotates(NFC South), one division in the AFC that rotates(AFC West), and three teams that finished in the same standing as you did(two from the NFC divisions you don't play, one from an AFC division, which because we finished 1st means the Packers, Seahawks, and Bills. We actually lucked out that the Seahawks and Bills are weaker this year than last year).

It was literally impossible for us to face the Jets or Lions because we won our division and were not set to play the AFC East or NFC North.

Its mind boggling to me that supposed fans still don't understand how NFL schedules are made.

Edited by Warhead36

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its mind boggling to me that supposed fans still don't understand how NFL schedules are made.

We know how schedules are made, no one is saying its a conspiracy. I thought it would be obvious when its born out of frustration at the injuries etc., and would be taken as such.

• Like 1