Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Not really. We’d gotten away with a lot of luck the last 4 weeks. A lot of Taylor throws should have been intercepted and weren’t, this was karma for those.

Oh, I hear you, and definitely agree!  But my point was that this team has played a ton of terrible football over the last two years.  If they haven't learned that rudimentary point by now then they never will.

But this team never seems to learn any lasting lessons.  Regardless of the players or coaching staff, it's like every offseason the blackboard of "lessons learned" and "valuable experiences" is wiped totally clean.  And the next year we have to spend the majority of the year learning the same lessons over again....

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Did he? I didn’t see Allen do anything even slightly resembling better than Heinicke. But we all see what we want to, I guess. 

Well, that pass to Carter WAS beautiful and Heinicke doesn’t do that. So I guess there’s one thing.

I don't think Kyle Allen is really known for his arm strength either, but the toss to Carter alone that should have been caught are the type of throws you have to be willing to make against man coverage.  They have to be tighter and more precise.  I am not here to sing the praises of Allen or even suggest that overall he is a better option than Heinicke.  Quite frankly I have no idea what Allen can or can't do because I haven't seen him get an extended chance at the position.  All I am suggesting is that Heinicke's lack of physical ability has shown to translate onto the field even in an offense that he can otherwise perform decently in.  There are plays that are being left out on the field because of this.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Honestly, this game says more about the Cowboys not being at same level as the other 3 division leaders than it does about a WFT that is now 6-7 and has half their starters not even playing.  It sucks, but you can only play with the players available.

Right now Boys are 4th seed facing 5th seed Rams. If that’s how the season ends; I’d take the Rams.  If Dallas faces someone else, I still wouldn’t be comfortable if I were Dallas.

Edited by Rdskns2000

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You can pull him because he’s ineffective and banged up and jittery, though. And we’re really not a playoff team. We’re a team in the playoff hunt that has overachieved.

Again. If we arent pulling him during a 4 game losing streak, why pull during a bad game after a four game win streak?

• Like 1

It doesn’t matter. He was diving and the ball wasn’t tight in his hand. When his hand came forward the ball went more up than out. That is a clear indicator of a fumble versus incomplete pass.

You’re wrong. Note the announcement said the play stands as called, not the ruling is confirmed. If that was called incomplete initially, the would have been now overturn.

Just now, NoCalMike said:

I don't think Kyle Allen is really known for his arm strength either, but the toss to Carter alone that should have been caught are the type of throws you have to be willing to make against man coverage.  They have to be tighter and more precise.  I am not hear to sing the praises of Allen or even suggest that overall he is a better option than Heinicke.  Quite frankly I have no idea what Allen can or can't do because I haven't seen him get an extended chance at the position.  All I am suggesting is that Heinicke's lack of physical ability has shown to translate onto the field even in an offense that he can otherwise perform decently in.  There are plays that are being left out on the field because of this.  

I give you the Allen throw but can Allen throw that TD to Sims that Heinicke did? I don’t think he gets away from the pressure to make it, as much credit as I give to Sims there.

• Like 1

Did he? I didn’t see Allen do anything even slightly resembling better than Heinicke. But we all see what we want to, I guess. 

Well, that pass to Carter WAS beautiful and Heinicke doesn’t do that. So I guess there’s one thing.

Yeah I think that post was overstating how much Allen did. However, he did also did throw a good out pass to the sideline with some really nice zip on it. Those are the throws that Heinicke struggles with due to limited arm talent.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't think Kyle Allen is really known for his arm strength either, but the toss to Carter alone that should have been caught are the type of throws you have to be willing to make against man coverage.  They have to be tighter and more precise.  I am not hear to sing the praises of Allen or even suggest that overall he is a better option than Heinicke.  Quite frankly I have no idea what Allen can or can't do because I haven't seen him get an extended chance at the position.  All I am suggesting is that Heinicke's lack of physical ability has shown to translate onto the field even in an offense that he can otherwise perform decently in.  There are plays that are being left out on the field because of this.  

Does Allen have a better arm - yes

does Allen have the “it” factor no

they both have positives and negatives. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Cams TD was called incomplete. Our rushers broke the plane three times before refs conceded a TD. Allen’s intention was to throw, but it probably still was a fumble. Still, awful game by the refs (Sorry Jumbo) I mean they hit our punter twice. First time, no call and second was somehow not deemed roughing. 

Dallas was the better team. We were lousy on offense. Refs didn’t need to help. Boy, did they help. 

This.   I know we would have lost anyways, but why is it every time they pour on additional help just to make sure the media darlings don't get beaten? 

Yes, we got beaten by a better team. But yes, we got absolutely HOSED on the officiating.  Both can be (and ARE). true. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

Honestly, this game says more about the Cowboys not being at same level as the other 3 division leaders than it does about a WFT that is now 6-7 and has half their starters not even playing.  It sucks, but you can only play with the players available.

I think it says more about the evenness in the nfl and momentum. Good coaching separates the tears..

Edited by TheShredSkinz

Just now, KDawg said:

You can’t force a QB pick, either. That’s super damaging.

They need an answer other that just TH and Allen. 

Regardless of how good TH is, he has injury history and we need a reliable good backup that can replace Allen and at least push TH

There are only two ways this occurs, you bring in a better FA or draft a guy

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He also ripped a 25 yard deep out on the previous drive that Heinike has no chance of throwing. I am not here to blast Heinike. He is what he is. An exciting player with limited arm talent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Again. If we arent pulling him during a 4 game losing streak, why pull during a bad game after a four game win streak?

Not sure what the relevance here is. I’m saying what I would do. Not what I think Washington would.