Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Mike McCarthy's Big Dumb Mouth vs The Legend of Taylor Heinicke

TK
Message added by TK,

1368191960_ScreenShot2021-12-12at4_31_27PM.thumb.png.ed680fcccce67b2130c8911c88a5dcbe.png

No good can come from benching TH.  Keep him in there.  This is not all on him (he owns his piece for sure), but we are going to have to chuck this ball for the entirety of the second half - I'm hopping that Turning learns from that.    We shouldn't give up or act like we are giving up.  

Edited by dc1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

Getting owned.   This team has lost all confidence and fight.  

To be fair on the defense there’s a bunch of guys who I have no idea who they are by number. 97, 58, 57, 36… not a clue who they are by their number which is generally a bad sign.

• Like 3

Jackson has been an utter disaster of a FA pickup.  And Del Rio’s prevent, for all the good they’ve done recently, continues to be a disaster. The soft coverage late should be a fireable offense for Del Rio.  If you are not getting consistent pass rush pressure you CANNOT play that soft in these situations down 21.  

10 minutes ago, skins4eva said:

I dont understand what kind of routes these are. Turner is literally having guys meet in the middle of field. Just an awful awful awful game plan. Inexcusable and embarrassing. For those of you who let Turner off the hook, this game is exactly why he needs to go. 

You really can’t tell what he’s even calling from the broadcast camera view, most of the time. Or how it’s being covered. Heinicke is obviously not seeing anything but the dudes in the dangerous area of the middle of the field, that doesn’t mean that’s all that’s there. There have been weeks this year where guys were running open and not being seen or targeted. I’m not ready to say whether this is one of those weeks or not bc it’s really hard to tell live. 

It’s also difficult because we have one starting NFL WR right now. The other one is injured and barely being used (probably bc of the injury). Sims is below replacement level, Dyami stinks at this stage in his career, Humphries is extremely limited. Our TE is a castoff backup because Thomas is hurt. 

So I’m aware that things aren’t exactly easy for Heinicke either, but on some of these plays he’s just ****ting his pants. I’m not ready to say based on the broadcast view whether there are guys open or not downfield. By the time the ball is held for 4.5 seconds and then lollipopped up into the middle of the field, of course it and the WRs are surrounded by defenders. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

it would be idiotic and bizarre for fans of a team that picked a "generational talent" at #2 and foreclosed on the opportunity for other players to not compare the guy running riot over their team who was picked in the first round by the most hated rival in the franchise's history and being displeased with the results. Also, I was saying stuff about Chase before he got hurt.

Give it a rest.

• Like 1