Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

28 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Itll completely be Turners fault that we didn't score 30 and make lots of long passes, instead of scheming for Heinicke as far as the Hives concerned. Heinicke wont even be responsible for his interceptions. Some blame will rest on our oline who can't pass block for him though.

Itll have nothing to do with us going against 3 solid pass rushers with a weak armed QB.

I'm glad we don't have a fat coach.

Let’s hope we don’t have to partake in these debates come Sunday evening.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Itll completely be Turners fault that we didn't score 30 and make lots of long passes, instead of scheming for Heinicke as far as the Hives concerned. Heinicke wont even be responsible for his interceptions. Some blame will rest on our oline who can't pass block for him though.

The more I think about it, the more interesting this match up is for me.  I think they absolutely have to win the game on the ground.   I don't love the combination of a pass rush combined with an opportunistic defense on the back end as far as picking off passes.   Dallas obviously will expect this and start by loading up the box -- if they can run on them anyway it should set the tone.  Mckissic if he can play I think is key in a game like this. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Over the last five games, our record is 4-1.  Their record is 2-3.  Not sure where their confidence is coming from.  Add to that the scores from last year.  We win 25-3 and win 41-16.  We own these little boys.

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

My prediction is We Want Dallas.

And We Get Dallas

Washington 24

Dallas 13

Both of those clips brought tears to my eyes - thanks.  I see people here on ES who say they hate NYG or Philly more than Dallas.  I get it, but for me, there is no team that I hate more than Dallas.  They are the most hyped, get all kinds of accolades, and are generally the most worshipped team around … and I just hate them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What I'm hoping for is a sloppy, low-scoring contest, one might even call ugly, where the WFT scrapes out another close victory and Mike McCarthy has to eat his words.  We all know he loves to eat.

What I'm concerned about is Dallas putting up points early and completely taking us out of what we want to do offensively.  What I'm certain of if this happens is that Scott Turner will get all the blame for "not calling the game to Taylor's strengths" when we fail to put points up on the board and/or turn it over.

We have beaten two teams in this winning streak that have both beaten Dallas (Tampa Bay and Vegas). If we can run the ball like we have been and can protect Taylor enough to allow him to make plays then the formula stays the same. 

I just hope Turner moves TH around and allows him to use his legs as much as possible because if he doesn't it could play into the Cowboys hands with their pass rush. Taylor can't hold the ball, he'll have to make quick reads and release or get ready to use his legs because if he doesn't he's gonna be under a lot of duress. I'm anxious to see how he handles these big division games here in December; I think he'll do well. 

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

Adding to the list of requirements to win the game: the secondary has to communicate efficiently and can't have any more stupid breakdowns otherwise Cooper, Lamb and Gallup will kill us.

Over this stretch of wins the common theme has been our defensive line making the opposing QB uncomfortable and shutting down the running game. If that happens on Sunday we're gonna win again. We've beaten Brady and Wilson, Carr was uncomfortable at home. Dak is in for a long day on Sunday, especially now that his head coach turned up the heat.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They asked Dak if he supports McCarthy's guarantee for a victory, his answer expletive "yeah"

This is becoming a national story, I notice.  That's some big time bravadao coming from Dallas. 

And RR is gonna take full advantage....Sunday is gonna take forever to get here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Guys like this are just one of many reasons I hate dallas and thier ignorant fans. I love him calling Washington fans stupid and trolls when dallas fans are notorious for being bandwagon fans and functionally illiterate when it comes to football. Totally hilarious. 

I posted this not for the video which is even more lame tat it looks like it will be. I posted as the comments are hilarious. Bunch of morons - LOL. 

Make those Dlineman run horizontally chasing our backs. Quick outs,screens...no long developing plays. Hell, it would be a good time for hurry up offense..gas those lineman. I think TH is a very quick D reader and thinker and his best game would be him following his reads and not scripted calls from above. They'll have to spy TH too. I hope they don't run on 1st down every time...

Can't play these guys straight up..TH and Hurry up would be fun to watch

1 hour ago, ILikeBilly said:

Over the last five games, our record is 4-1.  Their record is 2-3.  Not sure where their confidence is coming from.  Add to that the scores from last year.  We win 25-3 and win 41-16.  We own these little boys.

Our success has mostly came when they didn’t have Dak. Be nice to break that streak 

• Thumb down 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dallas is never really known for class, but Im pretty taken aback by guaranteeing victory.  That’s basically coaching 101 stuff as for what not to do.

It certainly adds some much needed juice considering this isn’t much of a rivalry anymore.

Yeah I can't recall any coach guaranteeing a victory over any team this year.  Then Dak doubles down on it.  I haven't see the Dak part of this catch fire on twitter the way McCarthy's comments did but to me its equally arrogant. 

• Like 1

Somebody should wash McCarthy's mouth out with soap. That goofy wampa won a single ring with 2 years of Brett Favre and 10 years of prime Aaron Rodgers.

**** hasn't earned the right to guarantee anything.

edit: And yes, I called that **** a Wampa. Anyone with eyes can see they're related.

wompa Mike.jpg

Edited by ExoDus84
  • Haha 1