Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

9 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

CeeDee Lamb, Cooper, Gallup and Shultz - Lamb especially worries me. Not feeling it folks unfortunately but the team is playing hard for Ron, Taylor and each other so hopefully that will be enough. I really worry about our DB's and this matchup though - really, really worry. 

That's okay. I thought we would lose every game during this four game winning streak with the possible exception of Carolina. Let's hope that they continue to surprise.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I don't think WFT is winning a 19-17 or 17-15 type game this week.  All those "nice drives" won't matter unless they end in touchdowns this week.  I think the defense will still look pretty good in spots & stretches of the game, but Dallas has a roster full of weapons that will test every hole remaining on the defense. 

Hopefully Collins is back. This is a game we lose nothing by blitzing and not give Dak time to use Dallas's speed. We need to be in his face AND contain the outside for Elliot. Tough but doable. TH needs to give us long time consuming drives and have D's lineman running side to side all game. Wear em out like the Raiders.

Gas em and go ball control.

Trench battle is our best bet.

I haven't been impressed with Dallas since Dak's injury. They just look very out of synch on offense and that's the side of the ball that would concern me if I was Washington. I think the Skins can move the ball and score enough to win. I'll go with...

Cowboys 19

Skins 23

I know this isn't popular on these boards, but I was really hoping this season would be a "come-to-Jesus" for the owner and organization...but this team looks like it's turning the corner. I certainly don't have rose-colored glasses, but they look like a team that's gelling. 

Dammit I hate this. On paper we should get beat down pretty good. All of the elite talent is on the other sideline, this feels like the final game in the Little Giants. I just don’t know if our grinding, methodical offense can keep this one close. No Logan, maybe no mckissic again… they are just about 100% healthy and we’re down quite a few big names.

31-19 bad guys.

I dont think we will win this one.  If we did, it would be a huge statement and confidence boost going into the Eagles game.  Its hard to have a winning streak in the parity of the NFL, but as good as 4 straight wins is for what was a struggling team, 3 were close and 2 were against the Panthers and Seahawks.  Keeping the streak going would feel like the team is playing at a really high level, and not simply just "good".

It’s frickin Dallas week! Besides the rivalry, this goes toward the division title. On paper Cowboys are a better team and getting a lot of players back but football is not played on paper. 

Have you noticed Ron being much more emotional during the post game speech. Hopefully those feelings go towards the players and we come out and win this frickin game!!

5 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

High of 51 degrees, 39% chance of rain Sunday....not sure why I posted that, hoping there may be an advantage in there somewhere but I don't see it.  lol

I could see us having the advantage there. It would mean we’d run the ball more and pass less, and our defense can hopefully shut down the cowboys run game. 

So, the story usually goes like this: the team sucks, so we all lose hope. Then, they win a few games to give us some optimism, only to crush our dreams once more with a series of soul-sucking losses. I feel like we're at the perfect time for the team to destroy our false hope and send us back to reality again.

Pokes: 31

False Hopers: 16

Deshazor Everette plays 3 snaps, and gives up 60 yard TD's to Amari Cooper all 3 times.

• Thumb down 3

19 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

So, the story usually goes like this: the team sucks, so we all lose hope. Then, they win a few games to give us some optimism, only to crush our dreams once more with a series of soul-sucking losses. I feel like we're at the perfect time for the team to destroy our false hope and send us back to reality again.

Pokes: 31

False Hopers: 16

Deshazor Everette plays 3 snaps, and gives up 60 yard TD's to Amari Cooper all 3 times.

0671dbb93bc6b999d3b14ba63b0e89dc.jpg.1ce2afdce2f4ec79cc296bf84670f789.jpg

• Haha 1