Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football Team vs Dallas Cowboys Prediction Thread: The Rivalry Is Reborn

skins island connection

Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Raise Their Helmets In Victory?

• WFT
    • Cowboys

If Scotty T can get some improved effort out of the other back, that will give Gibson some good resting time to punish them in the 4th and wear them down. 

But I certainly do not want to see Turner getting into that run on 1st down all the time; get TH out of the pocket on designed roll-outs, that will neutralize any pass rush and TH excels in space. 

I'd rather see WFT go all out in this game, win, and possibly take a loss next week; I want to see this team prove they belong in talks...

24 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

If Scotty T can get some improved effort out of the other back, that will give Gibson some good resting time to punish them in the 4th and wear them down. 

But I certainly do not want to see Turner getting into that run on 1st down all the time; get TH out of the pocket on designed roll-outs, that will neutralize any pass rush and TH excels in space. 

I'd rather see WFT go all out in this game, win, and possibly take a loss next week; I want to see this team prove they belong in talks...

It is going to be windy on Sunday. With winds up to 20MPH. The ground game is going to be the key in this game. More the wind the better. The Cowboys won't be able to throw much as well. They will also need to go tot he ground game. Good thing we have a very good run D. :)

From the cowboys message board:

Carolina - Panthers had it in the bag until Cam Newton regressed and choked late
Bucs - Good win, but they got a ton of breaks on that last drag-it-out drive and got away with multiple would-be turnovers
Seattle - Seahawks had a chance to win at the end and choked in the red zone
Raiders - should have lost on final FG drive when Heinecke threw an easy would-be pick, also should have lost on an obvious DPI that wasn't called at the end

so yeah, it is quite possible in the NFL to win by sheer luck for 4 weeks, especially when you're a cruddy team like WFT with minimal talent on offense and rely on the refs and the other team choking rather than winning impressively. 

I’m seeing double digits. Ritas dropped an interception late in the game Washington never should’ve beat them. We get that INT. Washington quarterback sucks

And this is a much more crucial game for Wash. Lose and they fall 3 games back with 4 to go. Almost impossible to overcome and they’d lose control of their destiny which they currently control.

A desperate team in the NFL is always dangerous.

I’d argue the intangible factors are with Wash.

We’re going to beat Washington. The division is over and it’s been over.

I am not confident at all in this team right now beating anyone. I would not be surprised if we blow them out or lose because of just how up and down this team can be.

We're going to win big and Skip is going to celebrate on Monday morning, "HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?!??!?"

That’s the truth. I’m excited for this game but we should beat them. They’re not very good.

Dallas needs to set their goals a lot higher than beating a team struggling to stay above .500.

4 hours ago, zskins said:

It is going to be windy on Sunday. With winds up to 20MPH. The ground game is going to be the key in this game. More the wind the better. The Cowboys won't be able to throw much as well. They will also need to go tot he ground game. Good thing we have a very good run D. :)

Well, that all depends on the direction the wind is blowing.

If its blowing along the length of the field, thats not good.  across the field yea i'm ok with, but still the screens/dump offs to Pollard can be damaging.

The secondary HAS to play their positions; they must 'do their jobs' and don't get caught staring into Dallas' backfield, because if they do, Dak will find a way to throw deep, even if he takes the golf mentality by throwing a little left and letting the wind push the ball back to the field. 

I'll go a step further; IF our DC { whom I do not like to mention } has the secondary focused and they do their jobs, i'll give him a pass for the rest of the year.

There's so many different variables in this game between these 2 teams it could almost be a mini series or a book. Generally the team that is most focused will win. I've just got this eerie feeling of some secondary player making a play and going overboard with the celebration and gets roasted seasoned carved and served on the very next play. 

I may need heart medication for this game...

• Like 1

It’s going to be a replay of the Monday Night Miracle.

WFT only up 60-3 late in the 4th quarter. But Terry McLauren, in the Santana Moss role, grabs two late TD bombs from Taylor Heinikce.

Final:

Washington Football Team 74, Cowboys 3.

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

If we win, it will be the first time since the opening game last season that we'll have a winning record (remember, we sacked Wentz 5 times!)

New Brig Ability: Upgrade Pack - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums

The star wars theme helped us over the finish line last week.... we're keeping it going!

Edited by petey hodge

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sweat apparently missing 2 games now.  He would have been ready.  But for those who don't vaccinate (which I believe is the case with him) they have to sit out longer. 

Its ten days so he'd only miss one game I think