Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

54 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

But didn’t you just say they got Romo and Dak? They’re 6-1 right now. When have we ever been 6-1 under snyder? 

Haven’t been 6-1, but we’ve been 6-2. (2008, improved from 5-2 to 6-2 when we beat the lions). 

6-2 is the best this team has been, sadly, with Snyder as owner :( 

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As opposed to regularly having seasons like this one that are over before November?  

no one said we didn’t suck. 

it’s you guys pretending the cowboys have some significantly better situation. 

you’re clinging to a distinction without a difference. 

yeah, they post better regular season records. Congrats. They’re still regularly mocked and laughed at, and have had no post season success on 26 years. 

but sure. They’re more competitive. Great. I’m sure their fans are absolutely stoked about the last 25 years of being more competitive than the redskins/football team 😂 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Woah, they did? Wow! Definitely didn’t know that at alllll. Glad you reminded me. Now pass the vodka. You made me depressed, great job. 

That they did.

It was very similar to the hot start of 2018 where it was rather obvious that we were frauds who would return to the mean in the second half of the season.  And to tie that back to what I was talking about before in regards to how we compare to Dallas.  I knew we were frauds in 2018 with the hot start, but if for whatever reason - Alex stayed healthy and we kept the fraud alive into late November and December - I would have rode that bandwagon happily until it crashed and burned vs. a good team in the playoffs.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Dallas does have better cheerleaders and a better stadium.

**** do we even have cheerleaders anymore? Thought we got rid of them?

at this point the most enjoyable thing about this franchise is watching the regular negative breaking news, knowing it probably makes it even more difficult for snyder to get his stadium. Cause that’s all he cares about. So any chance to actually make him mad is great. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

no one said we didn’t suck. 

it’s you guys pretending the cowboys have some significantly better situation. 

you’re clinging to a distinction without a difference. 

yeah, they post better regular season records. Congrats. They’re still regularly mocked and laughed at, and have had no post season success on 26 years. 

but sure. They’re more competitive. Great. I’m sure their fans are absolutely stoked about the last 25 years of being more competitive than the redskins/football team 😂 

Like I said - I get it, they get all types of pub that their play on the field doesn't earn.  I also get that they've won as many Super Bowls as we have the last 20 years.  So if I'm arguing with Dallas fans, I would be hitting on those talking points, they are valid.

But from a fan experience perspective, Dallas fans get to have a lot more fun than we do.  Just because they end up losing in the end doesn't mean they can't enjoy late November and December and the 'what might be' scenarios while we are talking about how many more games we have to lose to get X draft pick and whether or not it would be worth winning another game against a team like Dallas to spoil something for them that could potentially ruin our draft slot.  

Dallas fans still get made fun of by everyone else, Washington is a team that everyone else feels sorry for.

• Like 3

I'll take the Cowboys records over ours the last 20 some years, but lets be clear they are no bastion of success either.

Teams like the Steelers and Ravens are much better models. Obviously Patriots but that standard is impossible unless you draft the GOAT in the 6th round who willingly takes less money.

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That they did.

It was very similar to the hot start of 2018 where it was rather obvious that we were frauds who would return to the mean in the second half of the season.  And to tie that back to what I was talking about before in regards to how we compare to Dallas.  I knew we were frauds in 2018 with the hot start, but if for whatever reason - Alex stayed healthy and we kept the fraud alive into late November and December - I would have rode that bandwagon happily until it crashed and burned vs. a good team in the playoffs.

Weren't we 7-1 in 1997 and then still missed the playoffs?  That's what 2008 reminded me of.  I know it was pre-Snyder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

**** do we even have cheerleaders anymore? Thought we got rid of them?

Speaking of cheerleaders, did you see the Denver cheerleaders in the first half yesterday?  They wore some weird inflatable horse costume so it looked like they were riding bucking broncos.  It was the stuff of nightmares or, for some of you sick puppies, a dream come true.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'll take the Cowboys records over ours the last 20 some years, but lets be clear they are no bastion of success either.

That's really not the argument though.  Obviously they are more fluff than substance.  But Dan Snyder wishes he could be like them and can't even sniff it.  That's where the argument stems from or at least where I caught on - the argument was being made that Dallas is just as bad off as we are outside of them "getting lucky" which is simply not true.  You maybe could have made this argument 10 years ago but there's entirely too much evidence in 2021 to pretend that Dan can hold Jerry's jockstrap.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

13-3, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5.  Some of those Dallas' seasons we haven't matched even one time in like what 30 years or so?  They had almost double the number of playoff seasons we've had in the 2000s.  Yeah like us, they haven't won a SB since the 90s but I think there is a reason why they aren't bleeding fans like we are and continue to build a bigger and bigger gap as the most valuable franchise in the NFL.    There are plenty of better organizations than Dallas.  But they are easily a better organization than us.

He goes below the radar some but Will McClay who is the dude Jerry has been willing to back off to an extent (according to the media there) to let him do his job is hitting almost legendary status with those in the media who follow personnel guys.  

They are a SB contender if Dak is healthy.  Arguably the most complete team in the league.  Their defense is for real.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I watch these a few times every week, would love to rewatch entire games, but 2 things became extremely clear and were on display yesterday and it's something a few of us have been hammering on.

FS Justin Simmons was the best player in the game and it wasn't close. We need a real starting FS second only to QB.

RB, we need a true RB1 who is a big bully between the tackles. Patterson looked good on his runs and we have a pretty good run game, that we can barely utilize because we're rarely in games, but we run early and it opens up the play action for us. I think Turner has been really good in that regard. The 1rst down runs up the middle, which fans seem to hate are almost always for over 5 yards and get us to second and short. When defenses start taking that away and opening up our PA passing, we don't have the QB to take advantage or a RB that can turn those 2 yard hits into 5 yards. Our ground game is purely thanks to our Oline, which is a top 5 unit for running.

It's also pretty clear to see that most of the plays in this video that were successful for the Broncos offense, were away from Youngs side of the ball. Teams say they game plan for him and it shows. Every Single Week.

Juste had a bad game. Davis looked about the same as he has, which is okay. Holcomb looked good, Collins looked great.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Dallas fans get to have a lot more fun than we do

Meh. It really sounds to me like you’re trying to sell me a **** sandwich, when I already have one, yours just has lettuce and tomato on it. 

I understand that generally speaking dallas has fielded teams with (supposedly) more potential than ours. 

if the proposal is to swap the teams (in terms of how “well” they do) then I’m gonna pass and continue to ignore the local football team. 

getting an extra 5-7 weeks before you realize your team has yet again failed to be any good when it matters, doesn’t really seem like an improvement to me. 

im sick of the incompetence. Dallas isn’t really any better in that department. I don’t care if you cherish their regular season record more than ours. The results that matter are the same. 

there’s a ton of teams out there that, if we could be like them, would be a huge huge improvement. Dallas isn’t one of them. 

Edited by tshile

13 hours ago, hail2skins said:

We'll probably win enough games to put us out of the running for the top tier guys at QB.

People keep saying this...but will we though? haha

We already keep losing games that have been very winnable thus far. We have a pattern of suck pretty established already 🤣

I would take how the Cowboys seasons play out the past 20 years over the way our seasons have played out 10/10 times.  Dunno wtf some of you guys are smoking who are saying it's "just as bad/fun as WFT".  They have A LOT more meaningful late season games than we have had.  Sure in hindsight you can look back and be like 'well they fizzled out anyways' yeah sure but at the time you didn't know that and you would be looking forward to the games every weekend in December.

I mean when we can backdoor our way in at 7-9 with some freak **** happening every 4 years, I am excited as **** to watch the game all week and the hype builds up.

Then we win a nail biter that is like 10-9 an the other 10 teams that have to lose lose, and we still have a chance!

Yeah, I'd take that **** 10/10 times instead of typically being out of it come November.  

My brother's birthday is October 16th and about 75% of the time we're talking about the season being over before his birthday like 4 weeks into the season.  Sometimes tongue in cheek but more than not it's serious.

• Like 1