Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

Jerry lucked into a franchise QB and took advantage of another team’s poor management by way of the Herschel Walker trade. They’ve been as incompetent since the beginning of the Snyder era as we have.

So apart from 3 SB trophies and winning much more consistently than us, Dallas has been just as incompetent as us? Dallas has been a much better franchise the last 25 or so years than we've been, this team has been a bottom 5 organization post '91.

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, wit33 said:

Wild, team is 6-2 heading into the bye with Stafford. One can dream, hopefully someday we’ll have an elite type guy.

All in for Rodgers! If he’s legacy driven, bring a super bowl to Washington will catapult him to new levels. One can dream, right? 

Dont forget Mcvay had good success with Goff too, Stafford lucked out into a perfect situation most teams that trade for a qb aren't how the rams are built currently.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Stopped watching at the half. I hate the way we look so underprepared, sloppy, lack of focus. Mistakes. Missed opportunities. Lack of effort. We didn’t even contest the Hail Mary at the half.

Rivera is not impressing me much right now.

I was worried that the Giants where going to get Rivera, I wish they had now. 

5 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So apart from 3 SB trophies and winning much more consistently than us, Dallas has been just as incompetent as us? Dallas has been a much better franchise the last 25 or so years than we've been, this team has been a bottom 5 organization post '91.

Dallas has won nothing since 95.

5 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I have to disagree man....as incompetent as us?  No chance, we woulda have low balled dak Prescott or something stupid, At least jerry has had young qbs to go along with his teams most of the time....we trade for 35 year old bums.

Believe me they tried to lowball dax but he got injured. They got extremely lucky with in UDFA in romo because otherwise their history is riddled with the likes of Quincy Carter, John Kitna and even Vinny Testerverde. 

22 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Dallas has won nothing since 95.

Believe me they tried to lowball dax but he got injured. They got extremely lucky with in UDFA in romo because otherwise their history is riddled with the likes of Quincy Carter, John Kitna and even Vinny Testerverde. 

I agree but compare that to our history....and theres no comparison whose been more incompetent. 

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t even need to look it up to know they’ve won a lot more than this team.  So if Dallas has won nothing, we’ve won a lot less than nothing.

13-3, 13-3, 12-4, 11-5.  Some of those Dallas' seasons we haven't matched even one time in like what 30 years or so?  They had almost double the number of playoff seasons we've had in the 2000s.  Yeah like us, they haven't won a SB since the 90s but I think there is a reason why they aren't bleeding fans like we are and continue to build a bigger and bigger gap as the most valuable franchise in the NFL.    There are plenty of better organizations than Dallas.  But they are easily a better organization than us.

He goes below the radar some but Will McClay who is the dude Jerry has been willing to back off to an extent (according to the media there) to let him do his job is hitting almost legendary status with those in the media who follow personnel guys.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I agree but compare that to our history....and theres no comparison whose been more incompetent. 

? Whatever. 

the only difference is the cowboys are a media darling and puffed up every season as a team that’s gonna be great. 

at the end of the day they accomplished nothing except a playoff berth here and there. 

they fall way short of expectations every single year. 

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

? Whatever. 

the only difference is the cowboys are a media darling and puffed up every season as a team that’s gonna be great. 

at the end of the day they accomplished nothing except a playoff berth here and there. 

they fall way short of expectations every single year. 

Sure, Dallas = ratings, so of course the media talks about them as if they are a contender every year, even when they aren't.  

But if you stack their past 20 years against our last 20 years, I take theirs 100 times out of 100, that's not even debatable.  We barely even have any expectations on us and regularly fail to meet them.

Damn you folks for making me 'defend' Dallas.  But that's not even really what it is, it's just reality that while they are notorious for being more fluff than substance, they still own us.  That's less a compliment to them as it is the stark sad reality that is us.

• Like 2

I get using the "you guys have won as many Super Bowls as we have the last 20 years" talking point when sparring with Dallas fans.  But amongst other Washington fans, we should easily be able to admit that we'd rather have Dallas problems than our own.  

Even in our once in a blue moon, limp into the playoffs in a weak division seasons, we still enjoy it - even if we know damn well that we aren't going to win, we still try to play 'make believe' and figure out ways in our head that we could win or better yet go all the way.  Even last years 7-9 crusade with Heineke at the helm, there was some chatter about how great our defense was and 'defense wins championships'.  It was foolish, but it was still fun for a fleeting moment.

We barely ever get to experience just 'that' much positivity.  As someone who looks forward to football season and with it helping to get me through the dreary and cold golf offseason where I'm stuck in the house, nothing sucks more than your team not being competitive past Halloween, where the most you can hope for is to 'steal one' from Dallas or play spoiler for another division team late in the season.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

9 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Jerry lucked into a franchise QB and took advantage of another team’s poor management by way of the Herschel Walker trade. They’ve been as incompetent since the beginning of the Snyder era as we have.

But didn’t you just say they got Romo and Dak? They’re 6-1 right now. When have we ever been 6-1 under snyder? 

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

nothing sucks more than your team not being competitive past Halloween, where the most you can hope for is to 'steal one' from Dallas or play spoiler for another division team late in the season.

Or hope for a federal investigation to result in your owner losing the franchise. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Smith-Williams seems to log a lot of snaps.  I feel like we have too many front 7 and should trade one for picks. Or 2.  We have far too much draft capital/skill sitting on the sidelines.

Did we start trying for strips only on the final drive yesterday?  Sure tackling is a priority blah blah but I see other teams have designated certain players to go for FF while I feel like our players have to just improvise on their own.  Landon seemed to have a good game. Did we start letting him attack at the LOS? If so its a Madieu Williams situation all over again. It seems to takes months for coaches to learn to not put players into position to fail; instead use them to their strengths.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1