Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

21 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree, also they overpaid big time.  A 3rd and 4th for Duckett?  a 3rd and 4th for Lloyd.  On and on. 

The 3rd and 4th for Duckett was all on Gibbs, who overrode his staff when they insisted Betts and Rock would be enough after Portis got hurt. Lloyd was mostly championed by Riddick.

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I mostly agree here but let's be fair, there was real reason to believe the defense would be at least very good. The pieces were there and there was some proof in the results last season. No one saw the D being this bad this far into the season. If they had been as advertised we would have at least 2 more wins to be 4-4 or possibly 3 more to be 5-3. Maybe more than that. And that's with Taylor at QB. He is not pressing as much and gets to play within his game more with a better D. To me all the things above could be overcome to a certain point with a D that is top 5 t o10 as it was supposed to be. It looks like it's coming around a little but still every time it's 3rd and long I still expect them top make it. Or if they go for it on 4th, I just figure it's a 1st coming up. It's been like that since the Haslett days. Was supposed to change with this group. Until that is fixed and/or the QB situation is fixed we will be bottom feeders regardless of our schedule. 

I pushed away the criticism that Washington faced many of the worst QBs in the NFL last year and were overrated.  Based upon the way they have played this season, the criticism of the defense was warranted. 

I agree with you 100% about the QB situation.

2 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

I pushed away the criticism that Washington faced many of the worst QBs in the NFL last year and were overrated.  Based upon the way they have played this season, the criticism of the defense was warranted. 

I agree with you 100% about the QB situation.

while that is true to a point, no one saw them being this bad.  We are making bad QBs look good.  I could see some back slide but not this bad.  Very disappointing.  

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

while that is true to a point, no one saw them being this bad.  We are making bad QBs look good.  I could see some back slide but not this bad.  Very disappointing.  

Based on the last few year's, IMO, last year's defense was an anomaly.  Needless to say, I hope you are right.  

On 11/1/2021 at 1:01 PM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The argument isn't that Dallas has anything to brag about.  Being better than us is clearly nothing to brag about.  In fact, even being bad enough for crazy folks to suggest they are in the same boat as us is enough to feel a mass amount of shame.  

Bringing back this early discussion, was curious enough and found this article on every team's combined record since (including) the 2000 season, which basically spans Dan's ownership. The Cowboys rank #11 in wins; we are #28:

https://thelistwire.usatoday.com/lists/ranking-all-32-nfl-teams-by-records-from-2000-2020-dallas-cowboys-new-england-patriots-green-bay-packers-pittsburgh-steelers-baltimore-ravens/

• Thanks 1