Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr Ed's Mile High Ride

TK
Message added by TK,

854007137_ScreenShot2021-10-31at7_21_22PM.thumb.png.c04efb06d5e19f58dd2c6ee286db677b.png

35 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Just got home from trick or treating. Gonna start my watch soon. Stat line is unimpressive and I heard there were more OL injuries.

I’ll reserve judgement for the watch but man it feels like this team may not win another game.

Some candy with a razor blade would probably leave a better taste in your mouth than this game...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Where is Fitzpatrick?  Is he even working out at the building with the team?  Has he traveled to any of the games?

It's weird to me how invisible he became once he got hurt.

Shouldn't he at least be in the sideline watching the offense in action, offering in game advice to Heineke, etc?

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If Chase played on a team with a decent QB than I doubt we'd be beating him up period tonight.  He made one heck of a clutch play that is pretty rare to see that late in a game.  Some shrugged it off because we didn't expect it would result in anything so it didn't feel like anything special.  But if lets say Chase played with the Chargers the odds are good that he and Herbert would be getting a heroes welcome for pulling off a miracle win. 

We all watch a lot of football, how often do we see a fumble like that with so little time to go.   We were in scoring position and had enough time to score.  But Chase's play wasn't that exciting because most of us probably didn't expect anything would come from it.   It would be a different feeling if you had the right QB. 

I've been a QB obsessed guy for the most part forever.  But I've hit my breaking point on it.  I want all hands on deck, full out, go get that QB.  this team among others is a running experiment that you can't win without that guy.  I am tired of thinking hey we are up against Josh Allen or Herbert or name that guy.  For once, we need that guy.

I can whine about Landon Collins or Scott Turner or name that whipping boy people have here.  But that's working the edges of our problems.    I am not losing sleep for example that we can't find a LB in FA or fix FS.   I think we can do it.  but if we don't find that QB, it won't matter what else we do. 

I don't blame them either.  But to me the past is irrelevant.    Unlike some people, I do think Rivera is a smart dude.  I get the impression that he and the people in the building believe QB is code red.  Now, lets see what they do.

I am not as pessimistic as some about the QBs in this draft.    We need to find ourselves out of the QB desert.  

Teams like the Jets prove how difficult that can be. How many high first round bust QB’s have they had? Dysfunctional organizations seem to always struggle to find “that guy”

Just now, Reaper Skins said:

Where is Fitzpatrick?  Is he even working out at the building with the team?  Has he traveled to any of the games?

It's weird to me how invisible he became once he got hurt.

Shouldn't he at least be in the sideline learning the offense, offering advice to Heineke, etc?

Hes never playing again. He's gonna retire once he finishes getting checks from us, I feel you, but whats the point outside of jus being a good sport? Dudes on crutches, team probably isn't forcing him to travel because of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Hes never playing again. He's gonna retire once he finishes getting checks from us, I feel you, but whats the point outside of jus being a good sport? Dudes on crutches, team probably isn't forcing him to travel because of it.

Didn't realize he was still on crutches...

Blewitt just had another field goal blocked. Signing a kicker who hasn’t played an NFL game that has been out of the league for multiple years… probably not the wisest move. As usual, hasty move without a good option just for the sake of it. 

• Thumb up 3

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

My goodness, keep Ashburning Washington… that was a gift that anyone would have taken advantage of but we somehow go backwards 

i am not convinced we are smart enough to take a QB though. We prefer to stockpile front 7 instead.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Blewitt just had another field goal blocked. Signing a kicker who hasn’t played an NFL game that has been out of the league for multiple years… probably not the wisest move. As usual, hasty move without a good option just for the sake of it. 

Yep, it's what bad organizations do, compound mistakes with even worse decisions. We are officially a boat on the ocean with no captain or compass. No game plan, no weapons on offense and bad coaching. Teddy Bridgewater owns us wherever he goes....let that sink in.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It gets better

• Haha 1

Im pretty much done with ron Rivera, none of his offseason moves have worked for the most part the kicker situation is horrendous how can you even think this guy is better than hopkins? HAve we even improved at all in one area of the game? Our lone big play on offense is a screen play that went the house....You would think with our QB situation we could at least improve that...but we have a journeyman 28 year old guy starting and a career back up at best behind him, Signing Fitzpatrick was nonsense..

Edited by CjSuAvE22

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh. You aint seen nothing yet. 

29 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

Teams like the Jets prove how difficult that can be. How many high first round bust QB’s have they had? Dysfunctional organizations seem to always struggle to find “that guy”

How many high first round busts? Sanchez and Darnold.  So what though?

When I dove into Darnold some in the previous off season, it didn't shock me at all that he was a bust with the Jets.  They just overdrafted him.  He's not burning it up in Carolina either even though some consider Carolina's offensive coordinator as one of the more innovative minds.  Sanchez bounced around the NFL, no one turned him into anything good because he wasn't good.

Yeah you can swing and miss. It happens.  The Lions swung and missed on Harrington and Ware but then landed Stafford.   Cards, missed on Rosen and Leinart but then landed Kyler Murray.  Keep swinging. 

Joe Burrow isn't really good because Cincy just turns players into gold.  They got a bad owner.  No one is sold on that organization.  The coaching staff who drafted Herbert were fired.  

This is a dysfunctional organization yet what happened in 2012?  2015-2016? First half of 2018.  When we've had good not even great Qb play or had good leadership at that spot the team has won.  Not big but big enough.  Yeah I do think if Drew Brees in his prime played here they would have won.

The reason why this team hasn't pulled off QB IMO is because we drafted the wrong guys.  It wasn't because of dysfunction.  Yeah this organization is dysfunctional, no doubt, but the only elixir to it has been good QB play.  Just that.  That's is. 

It's not that they nailed it with Jason Campbell but the poor dude was drafted by the wrong team and he went on to kill it with the Raiders.  Or Haskins is considered the savior of the Steelers, etc.  It's been about taking the wrong guys IMO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im pretty much done with ron Rivera, none of his offseason moves have worked for the most part the kicker situation is horrendous how can you even think this guy is better than hopkins? HAve we even improved at all in one area of the game? Our lone big play on offense is a screen play that went the house....You would think with our QB situation we could at least improve that...but we have a journeyman 28 year old guy starting and a career back up at best behind him, Signing Fitzpatrick was nonsense..

He didn't draft a QB given the chance.  Its Shanahan all over again.  Mrs Tanya will make him reach on someone next spring and then he will draft someone better for spite, after mortgaging our future.

I see a whole lot of fire Rivera talk, but I don’t get it.  I get being salty about how the team looks and needing a punching bag.  But who do you replace him with?

The team is in the middle of a rebrand, has a half empty stadium, junior college level facilities, an owner constantly embroiled in scandal, and an entire front office just recently handpicked by Ron.  The only potential positive we have going for us is most likely a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.

Like it or not, Ron’s here for a few more years.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

How many high first round busts? Sanchez and Darnold.  So what though?

When I dove into Darnold some in the previous off season, it didn't shock me at all that he was a bust with the Jets.  They just overdrafted him.  He's not burning it up in Carolina either even though some consider Carolina's offensive coordinator as one of the more innovative minds.  Sanchez bounced around the NFL, no one turned him into anything good because he wasn't good.

Yeah you can swing and miss. It happens.  The Lions swung and missed on Harrington and Ware but then landed Stafford.   Cards, missed on Rosen and Leinart but then landed Kyler Murray.  Keep swinging. 

Joe Burrow isn't really good because Cincy just turns players into gold.  They got a bad owner.  No one is sold on that organization.  The coaching staff who drafted Herbert were fired.  

This is a dysfunctional organization yet what happened in 2012?  2015-2016? First half of 2018.  When we've had good not even great Qb play or had good leadership at that spot the team has won.

The reason why this team hasn't pulled off QB IMO is because we drafted the wrong guys.  It wasn't because of dysfunction.  Yeah this organization is dysfunctional, no doubt, but the only elixir to it has been good QB play.  Just that.  That's is. 

It's not that they nailed it with Jason Campbell but the poor dude was drafted by the wrong team and he went on to kill it with the Raiders.  Or Haskins is considered the savior of the Steelers, etc.  It's been about taking the wrong guys IMO. 

And one of those guys, probably the best quarterback we’ve had in two decades, is no longer on the team because of the dysfunction. I agree that you have to keep swinging until you hit, but it’s just so much for any one player to overcome. 

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I see a whole lot of fire Rivera talk, but I don’t get it.  I get being salty about how the team looks and needing a punching bag.  But who do you replace him with?

The team is in the middle of a rebrand, has a half empty stadium, junior college level facilities, an owner constantly embroiled in scandal, and an entire front office just recently handpicked by Ron.  The only potential positive we have going for us is most likely a high draft pick in the upcoming draft.

Like it or not, Ron’s here for a few more years.  

Id say one more year max. 

4 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

He didn't draft a QB given the chance.  Its Shanahan all over again.  Mrs Tanya will make him reach on someone next spring and then he will draft someone better for spite, after mortgaging our future.

As bad as this team is I dont think we will have to reach. There are a ton of QB's coming out this year. We are picking top 8 most likely. Take a chance on one of them and pray he is the right one. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

As bad as this team is I dont think we will have to reach. There are a ton of QB's coming out this year. We are picking top 8 most likely. Take a chance on one of them and pray he is the right one. 

I willl pray to every single god there is that he is the right one whomever it is.