Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

Just now, NewCliche21 said:

Who needs heart when the team is just heartbreak?

It’s true. And there’s nothing you can point to that would lead to hope. We are 35 years into our search for a starting QB. We are in perpetual rebuild. We are in perpetual coaching retred. We let good players leave; we sign bad ones. We let great coaches leave, we hire mediocre/terrible ones. We are stuck with an owner who is so damaged and pathetic that we will remain in this purgatory for who knows how long. 

The suck on this team starts with Snyder and permeates everything it touches. Bad owners are like a cancer. And Snyder’s awfulness has metastasized throughout this organization. 

It’s hard to imagine he’s having fun anymore. It’s hard to imagine this can continue for much longer. That’s really all that any of us have to hold onto at this point. And the really sad part is that I actually want our great players like Terry to find a home somewhere else. I don’t want to see a guy like that waste his talent in this organization. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Yeah.  I know it’s a wing snd a prayer but I would have gone for it there. Because why not.

The only reason not to is to get the new FG kicker another shot to make his first kick. 

I think that's why Rivera did it.

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

OK, time for another QB. He is fun to watch when he is running around but in the end he just not starter material. Nice back-up but that's it. 

Again this week, they had plenty of opportunity to take an early lead and help the D and they coughed up a fur ball. Kyle, Fitz, someone off the street. But the Taylor Hienke experiment has to be over. 

His thing is toughness and some mobility, but the lack of arm talent, meh anticipation on his throws (late on a lot of them), locking in on receivers, and poor accuracy just really hurt us. 

• Like 1

Coaching is a major problem in all of this.  You've can't keep QB sneaking with Heinike, you can't keep going for it on 4th down when you need any kind of points.  Taylor needs to sit.  The defense actually gave you a chance in this game and you blew it (no pun intended).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PolarExpress said:

Heine is not the answer.  He has heart, but he’s just not talented enough.  

The problem with this is he has no weapons. He has Terry but no one else. Don’t get me wrong he is a middle of the line qb but a good qb would not be helping this team either. The offense does not have the tools to be good. 

• Like 1