Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood

TK
Message added by TK,

1884639388_ScreenShot2021-10-24at4_13_23PM.thumb.png.081982b60afe782d64205ceda7ecf248.png

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Accuracy is a function of having to throw so hard he loses control of it.

Let me use a tennis analogy: you get 2 serves.  A really good server tries to really put some mustard on the serve.  A good server will serve about 70% first serves because they are really trying to hit the ball as hard as they can (a lot of the time).  

On the second serve, players rarely miss.  They don’t out as much oomph on it, they can control it better.

TH always has to put everything he has on every throw.  That effects accuracy.

Great analogy.  And if he had velocity, his height wouldn't be a detriment.  IMO, his lack of both height and velocity leads to all of his high passes.

• Like 2

I’m telling you—with the exception of the o-line coach, the coaching on this team is bottom tier. Not a single one of these coaches has these guys playing hard or doing the little things correctly. I’ve seen enough of Rivera at this point. He is at best a totally mediocre coach. At worst, he’s really bad. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cougs said:

Don’t get me wrong he is a middle of the line qb but a good qb would not be helping this team either.

I keep seeing this “middle” talk, perhaps middle of the pack among backup QBs.  

I also keep seeing the narrative that the D is so bad, not even a good QB would make a difference.  Which I get it, generally speaking - the defense is the more disappointing unit for sure.  But you have to score in this league and we don’t do much of that with Heineke in general.  

• Like 3