Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

13 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

What draft capital would it take to get Carr? "He would be my preference if we go the Trade route. 

I think a first rounder one of are dline man and maybe a thrid after that may not be worth it. Best would be this years first and one of the dline man we can't resign Sweat and payne. Then resign Carr. I would really not want to get rid of the third round pick. I think the two back up dt could replace payne.

I would really like to know if sweat and payne and are 1st could get us. Is that enough for one of the big 3 QB.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

So, beyond the cap/trade cost, what’s the downside to Carr?  Because based on most of the comments/stats posted in here, he’s coming across as a top 3 qb that would be coming to a massively upgraded roster. 

The biggest problem with Carr is the Raiders signed him to a big deal and then he followed that up with his 2 worst seasons. I'm sure that makes LV hesitant to do it again. For our team, I think Carr would get crushed in the pocket but depends on if our line can stay together. 

And on paper, Carr has only 20 passing TDs, same as Heinicke with 1 more game. He's certainly no-where near the top 3. He's only thrown more then 30 TDs once in his career despite having solid stats overall. 

18 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

So, beyond the cap/trade cost, what’s the downside to Carr?  Because based on most of the comments/stats posted in here, he’s coming across as a top 3 qb that would be coming to a massively upgraded roster. 

Yes really, don't get the down side to Carr for a couple picks and players.

He is top 3 QB with Brady and Hebert just above him. He is better than Mohomes, Burrow, Stafford, Allen, Rodgers, Ryan, Big Ben, Wilson all of them. 

And we all know the 6-9 WFT roster is substantially better than the lowly 8-7 Raiders roster. - the only reason the Raiders have 8 wins is because of the great Carr.

Imagine if the Raiders with only one winning season since Carr showed up didn't have him, boy would they stink

9 minutes ago, Mooka said:

For our team, I think Carr would get crushed in the pocket but depends on if our line can stay together. 

And on paper, Carr has only 20 passing TDs, same as Heinicke with 1 more game. He's certainly no-where near the top 3. He's only thrown more then 30 TDs once in his career despite having solid stats overall. 

Complete oppo take from me

Our Oline grades out much better than the Raiders and has provided TH w/ way more time than most QBs. While a hole rash of things has caught up to the unit as of late, our line was pretty stallar through the season and that alone would be incredible if we have a QB like Carr behind it.

If I'm ignoring the trade and cap cost, Carr is a monumental upgrade at the position

I don't think he is a top 3 QB, but he is easily top 15 and you don't have to stretch to argue top 10. Tha'ts like 15 spots higher than anything we have had in the last 2 years. It would be like night and day

22 minutes ago, skins4ever28 said:

I don’t get you guys love for Carr. His stats are inflated, he’s a good qb do t get me wrong, but not great. I’d say top 15. No way top 10. He’s basically Kirk cousins light.

He is better then Kirk he wins in the end and Kirk fails at the end

1 hour ago, DWinzit said:

Yes really, don't get the down side to Carr for a couple picks and players.

He is top 3 QB with Brady and Hebert just above him. He is better than Mohomes, Burrow, Stafford, Allen, Rodgers, Ryan, Big Ben, Wilson all of them. 

And we all know the 6-9 WFT roster is substantially better than the lowly 8-7 Raiders roster. - the only reason the Raiders have 8 wins is because of the great Carr.

Imagine if the Raiders with only one winning season since Carr showed up didn't have him, boy would they stink

Sarcasm.jpg.17a28417cf3ab7acb02eceb0ce4200d1.jpg

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He is better then Kirk he wins in the end and Kirk fails at the end

Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, and Derrick Carr are all about even. The value of guys like this in nfl is very high rite now. All probably top 15 qb and you can make playoff with. Can you win a superbowl with these, lesser QB have but you got to be great at other spots.

New Orleans 

Carolina 

Pittsburgh 

Denver

Us

All these teams think if they can get Qb at the level of these three they can make a big playoff run. That why the price is so high for these players weather trading for or paying there contract extention.

Edited by Redskins 2021

17 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Kirk Cousins, Alex Smith, and Derrick Carr are all about even. The value of guys like this in nfl is very high rite now. All probably top 15 qb and you can make playoff with. Can you win a superbowl with these, lesser QB have but you got to be great at other spots.

New Orleans 

Carolina 

Pittsburgh 

Denver

Us

All these teams think if they can get Qb at the level of these three they can make a big playoff run. That why the price is so high for these players weather trading for or paying there contract extention.

No argument from Me, however unless things are perfect kirk won’t win when it’s needed.

• Thumb up 1

39 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

New Orleans 

Carolina 

Pittsburgh 

Denver

Us

If average, must be mobile, in my opinion. Alex Smith at least guaranteed his team an elite run game. Yes, he aided it greatly. 

My average to good QB must have running ability to provide consistency over a 4 year contract at 10-14-% of the cap. 

29 minutes ago, wit33 said:

If average, must be mobile, in my opinion. Alex Smith at least guaranteed his team an elite run game. Yes, he aided it greatly. 

My average to good QB must have running ability to provide consistency over a 4 year contract at 10-14-% of the cap. 

I agree, it's very hard to find that mobile Qb that can throw. I think Henike with his mobile ability hid some of our offensive line problems. 

There are not many mobile Qb that can throw this Qb problem of ours is a major problem with no easy answers. If you are talking moble Qb

all the top guys are mobile

Josh Allen 

Russell Wilson 

Pat Mahomes 

Lamer Jackson 

Deshawn Watson 

All top 8 Qb that the next level Qb. You will have to gut your team to get one or get lucky in draft. 

We had one once and in regular Washington fashion he blow his knee out in playoffs and was never the same. 

RG3 had this ability till he got hurt. I guess of guys we could get M Trubisky and M Marrota are both mobile, but we are going to really have to pay to get that next level mobile QB. Can anyone think of anyone else we could get similar to this. I think Mayfield could do it but don't know how we could get him.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I disagree.  Hes third in the league in passing yards, whens the last time we had a QB that did that?  Whats the controversy if he does that here?

I seem to remember Kirk Cousins (this is not a defense, just facts) throwing for over 4,000 yards with Jamison Crowder as his best receiver and people here were annoyed by it.

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

But can he grill a steak?

Gas or charcoal? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I seem to remember Kirk Cousins (this is not a defense, just facts) throwing for over 4,000 yards with Jamison Crowder as his best receiver and people here were annoyed by it.

Gas or charcoal? 

Cousins was not handled well. If we did not want him we could have traded him for multiple first round picks. The average for an above average QB is going to be 30 million a year very soon I think. Cousins is making 33 now

Edited by Redskins 2021

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

Cousins was not handled well. If we did not want him we could have traded him for multiple first round picks. 

Sure, but I was responding to brother @Renegade7's quote about how we'd like it if we had a top 3 QB in yards.  

And we did.  2016.  Kirk was #3 in yards with 500 more than Aaron Rodgers and behind Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.  And look how controversial he was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure, but I was responding to brother @Renegade7's quote about how we'd like it if we had a top 3 QB in yards.  

And we did.  2016.  Kirk was #3 in yards with 500 more than Aaron Rodgers and behind Matt Ryan and Drew Brees.  And look how controversial he was.

I dont know about top 3 but looking back we should have kept him. He was more then just average.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont know.about top 3 but looking back we should have kept him. He was more then just average.

You can blame the Kirk stuff on Allen.

but today the only potential top 10-15 vet qb we have any chance to get is carr

4 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

You can blame the Kirk stuff on Allen.

but today the only potential top 10-15 vet qb we have any chance to get is carr

You are rite that all we can do. Not getting anything for him was an enormous mistake. We don't even know if we can get carr.

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1