Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’ve mentioned the same 

Probably not but unless we make a similar upgrade they will probably continue to own us and probably leapfrog us as the better team 

If we can field a team, we will sweep them this year.

Philly and NY, can restock their team and push us to our rightful 4th place.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I hated the pick, too.  No one is talking here about bringing back Kirk unless I missed a post?

Convo here and other thread had positive talk about Kirk, I guess I was reading into it too much. Just am good with us being done with him.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah i would bet its the NY market.  Plus if he can make them a winner -- he's make a bundle there on ads, etc. 

I know some disagree but I actually like their weapons:  Golladay, K. Toney, Engram, Barkley, J. Ross, Slayton, Shepard.  they've thrown a lot of draft capital at the O line, it hasn't worked but at least you could say they try.  So I gather they might try some more.

Two top 10 picks will make it easy in theory. 

Sadly Wilson ia wishing to play in NY. They are nuts if they don't package a deal with Dimes to bring him in.

A agree they have some weapons he would enjoy...HATE this!

Boy I hope they stick to their guns and stay with DImes

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Griff proved it was at least possible for about a two year stretch. Dude was everywhere.

Probably have to be a QB and unreasonably popular for it to happen here again tho. Like, near face of the NFL popular

We need a Mahomes type. Someone who goes under that radar on draft day and turns out to be a total stud. 

2 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

We need a Mahomes type. Someone who goes under that radar on draft day and turns out to be a total stud. 

He wasn't really an unknown and did go 10th. and went ahead of D Watson

There are no distinct #1's this year so could really be any of the guys outside of maybe Coral

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If you dive into Kirk, he's not the checkdown king.  He's usually high in YPA among other things.   I actually miss his deep throwing.  We've not had a guy like him who could throw the deep ball since IMO.  If anything, Heinicke is closer to being the checkdown king.   But I do think Carr and Kirk are apples to oranges which is the same point I made about Stafford versus Kirk last off season,

But I do think Kirk clouds the debate some about Carr. For three main reasons: 

A.  There is a lot of emotion from some fans about Kirk.  He's the girlfriend we broke up with that some still can't help talking about.  It was like that for RG3 into he faded.  But Kirk has taken the mantle.  And lol any QB who puts up big numbers yet the team isn't killing it gets grouped with Kirk and all that angst/emotion.

B.  I think the Kirk experience isn't that complicated.  What makes his a weird ride compared to most QBs is how streaky he is.  Hot.  Cold.  Cold.  Hot.  He could look like the best Qb in the league one week and the worst a week later.  More good games than bad games from him but the pendulum really swings hard with Kirk.  

C.  Clutch.  I think this is the key criticism of Kirk that he never overcame.  It's not that he never is clutch.  I'd take their win in the playoffs on the road against Brees and the Saints.  I'd take the clutch wins against the Eagles here in 2015.  But overall, he's been "meh" in big games and under the bright lights.

So bringing this to Carr.  I don't find Carr's run of games to be high Beta like Kirk.  Not as many ups and downs, back and forth.  And while Kirk is the not the dude I want playing in a big game with the season on the line.  Stafford was killer on that front in Detriot.  And Carr has been killer on that front with the Raiders.  I think more than anything the Kirk experience has created this premise with some that IMO is false which is who cares about monster numbers.  

Actually monster numbers aren't meaningless.  I recall on the Kirk thread some would make the case that Colt McCoy could put up the same numbers because it was all about "Jay Gruden's system".  I know the lauding of Jay's system and Colt now for some would feel nuts.  But yeah it was a viable argument that multiple people (not me) made on that thread.  IMO some people miss the forest for the trees when it comes to putting up big numbers.

Putting up big numbers do matter.   It's not everything but its certainly something.  You don't often see crappy QBs putting up monster numbers.  It's not like hey remember when Jason Campbell or John Friez or Heath Shuler threw for almost 5000 yards with a 3:1 QB-TD ratio, but who cares?  Who can't do it?    But yeah with Kirk it feels a bit warped not because he's a bad QB.  He's a good QB IMO, not great but good.  But he's not clutch and he's streaky.  Simple as that IMO. 

But every QB IMO is its own entity.  They are all different.  The reason why i thought Stafford would do well if you bring him to a good team is because he was a prolific QB and he made plays when it mattered.  Big time clutch.  People get hung up on the W-L record.  And sometimes IMO it applies.  Sometimes it doesn't.  Stafford is now 11-4.  He playing with a loaded roster.   Now he's all of a sudden a winner.  No shocker to me at all.

Carr IMO is just a hair lower than Stafford ability wise IMO.  And like Stafford he makes big plays in big moments.  And like Stafford he plays with a crappy roster where the whole team feels to be on his shoulders.  Coun't me as a dude who won't be shocked that all of a sudden Carr would be deemed a winner like Stafford is now if he played with a team with a good roster. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 8.52.18 AM.png

Look at Carrs TD passes thrown compared to the others around him, he doesn’t belong in that top ten list. This isn’t a “weird season stat anomaly” that’s an issue with Carr, throwing Tds. 

The absolute glaring stat that both Kirk and Carr share is an inability to produce enough points/throw TD passes. They are both radically low in terms of throwing TDs passes and fail to separate themselves in this category from the average guys. This isn’t an anomaly, this has been the case for much of their careers. You must be able to produce when the field shrinks/red zone to earn 15% of the cap. To me, this isn’t some throw away stat, the good QBs produce TD numbers in the mid 30s or so. Carr fails to do this. 

The whole Kirk isn’t clutch is way overblown, clutch stat in general is, in my opinion. He struggles against good competition at times is what it comes down to. 

12 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

He wasn't really an unknown and did go 10th. and went ahead of D Watson

There are no distinct #1's this year so could really be any of the guys outside of maybe Coral

But they didn’t have him as a top draft recruit. I think mcshay had him as the 35th prospect and going as the last pick in the first round. The guy everyone had as 1 was Trubisky. I’m just saying we could get lucky at our draft spot and find a marketable QB.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Look at Carrs TD passes thrown compared to the others around him, he doesn’t belong in that top ten list. This isn’t a “weird season stat anomaly” that’s an issue with Carr, throwing Tds. 

The absolute glaring stat that both Kirk and Carr share is an inability to produce enough points/throw TD passes. They are both radically low in terms of throwing TDs passes and fail to separate themselves in this category from the average guys. This isn’t an anomaly, this has been the case for much of their careers. You must be able to produce when the field shrinks/red zone to earn 15% of the cap. To me, this isn’t some throw away stat, the good QBs produce TD numbers in the mid 30s or so. Carr fails to do this. 

The whole Kirk isn’t clutch is way overblown, clutch stat in general is, in my opinion. He struggles against good competition at times is what it comes down to. 

Struggles at times????  You do realize his record against .500 teams right?  He’s 7-35 against teams over .500 in his career, and his primetime record is 9-17, with most of those victories against scrub teams like the Bears.  You do realize he just won a primetime game against the Bears a few weeks ago, where he threw for 87 yards and threw 2 INT’s,  the other primetime game he won against the Steelers, he threw below 50% and singlehandly kept the Steelers in the game.  Even when he wins, he still looks terrible.

He’s the definition of anti-clutch.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 hours ago, samy316 said:

Struggles at times????  You do realize his record against .500 teams right?  He’s 7-35 against teams over .500 in his career, and his primetime record is 9-17, with most of those victories against scrub teams like the Bears.  You do realize he just won a primetime game against the Bears a few weeks ago, where he threw for 87 yards and threw 2 INT’s,  the other primetime game he won against the Steelers, he threw below 50% and singlehandly kept the Steelers in the game.  Even when he wins, he still looks terrible.

He’s the definition of anti-clutch.

Clutch to me is defined as coming through late in a game, not beating good teams. I don’t disagree with your points about Kirk. It just comes down to him struggling against better competition and lacking very little ability to create off script. If the script is a good one (game plan) he will execute it well. 

22 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I cant stand this line. 

Yes. We are a QB away. Because you can't do **** without the QB. 

Is our OC any good? Who ****ing knows.

Is McLaurin a great WR? Maybe. Not statistically because QB.

Can Gibson be a RB1? Got me. Why? Because who is when running into a 8+ man box every play because the defense wants you to throw it.

Stats say our Oline does really well, but they keep getting injured and we keep being sacked. Why? QB absolutely blows.

Defense can't do it all. How good can they be with a lead? When the offense is putting points and long drives together? Got me. Why? It's the QB.

We are a QB away from being a contender instead of a damn joke. 56-14 against the Cowboys is pathetic and our QB starts the day with a pick any of us could have thrown and finishes by telling the world that they have a better defense than we do. **** that.

Don't get me wrong, I pretty much agree with you, its just the avenues we take in getting to our destination differ.

Yes, i'm in agreement this team needs a QB, but giving up good draft picks to get a mediocre QB who will probably not do much better than TH will do nothing but kick the can down the road a year and we'll all be here again scratching our heads.  6-11 this year with TH, next year 8-9 with another QB isn't worth it.

Again, I agree, the QB is a critical position; a good one can keep defenses on their toes and force them to respect the pass on every down, which opens up lanes for a RB, but Gibson isn't the guy. Even earlier when things were going well and the box wasn't stacked he continuously coughs up the ball. He' s more of a 3rd down option than a workhorse; last year was a fluke because the entire team caught opponents off guard, and against Dallas he went crazy but hell who didn't stomp them last year?

Point is, IF that QB that CAN really solidify the offense can be gotten, great, but if not don't you think it would be a better route to shore up other needs? It would make it more of an attractive job for a QB the following year if the majority of other pieces were in place, and maybe the following college QB crop will be better than the upcoming one or a solid vet may come available. 

:ols: not much better than Heinicke.  :ols:

We have a top rated Oline, WR, RB, TE and we get abused if they can't succeed in spite of how bad Heinicke plays.

I dont know how people don't seem to understand how bad he was and how much it hurt this team. 

we have clear upgrades across the board compared to the Raiders and they have a top ranked offense that might carry them to the playoffs in a much better division and were getting absolutely embarrassed by division rivals, so bad guys are throwing punches on the sidelines and they're doing it after losing their HC and top WR.

If you think Carr is just average. About 16th in the league, that's got to put Heinicke in the low 40's.

Carr is such a huge upgrade at QB and instantly becomes the first legit QB we've had since who? Brunell? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wit33 said:

I've not been arguing Carr is a top 10 QB.  I get your beef is with stats that show him top 10 and you want to center it more on TDs where he's not top 10.  OK.  Carr 14th in TDs this year, 11th the previous year.   I know you are a big Alex guy, he was never a big TD guy, never hitting 30, and only making 20 TDs or over just three times in his career. Now, you don't think he's good?  Carr has made 20 plus every season but one, that one miss was 19.  And hit the 30 mark. 

I am not arguing Carr is a top 10 QB.  I am arguing he's 10-14.  Even if we want to cherry pick a stat where he's not as impressive on.  It still puts him in that category.

18 hours ago, wit33 said:

The absolute glaring stat that both Kirk and Carr share is an inability to produce enough points/throw TD passes. They are both radically low in terms of throwing TDs passes and fail to separate themselves in this category from the average guys.

Radically low? Kirk's TD numbers are actually very good.  But I don't want to argue him.  As for Carr his TD numbers are fine.   Points 17 right now, 10th last year.  They are a prolific passing team.  "Meh" running team.   28th in rushing this year.  So points are average.  14th in rushing last year.  Points much better. Top 10.

I know some disagree.  But for me he screams as a dude who would do better playing with a better team that doesn't put the whole team on their plate.  It was the same rap by some against Stafford.  Stafford just doesn't do enough to elevate his team.  The W-L record is on him.   Yeah those are good stats by Stafford but what about these stats....

I think Carr has shown to be a good QB with the Raiders.  I think at a minimum he will continue to show he's a good QB with a better supporting cast.   You aren't going to convince me otherwise.  I am not going to convince you.  Your opinion is dug in.  So is mine.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

:ols:

Carr is such a huge upgrade at QB and instantly becomes the first legit QB we've had since who? Brunell? 

IMO he'd be the best QB we've had since Theismann. 

As for the red zone criticism of him by some.  I looked and couldn't find it for 2021 but apparently it wasn't a problem in one recent year.  If he's struggled since, which I don't know, he certainly has it in him to play well in the red zone.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Getting David Carr and resigning Terry McLaurin long term, would make those 2 the happiest players in the league.

Carr losing Cooper then they get Ruggs and now he's gone, so he'd be finally locked up long term with a super talented WR and Terry catching 20+ yarders in stride regularly and not having to get murdered making circus catches for any success. 

God that would be awesome. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think some fans feel that if a QB isn't an early bound HoFer that they're comparably middling. 

Guys like Jimmy G and Mayfield, I get concerns.  They are not asking them to drive the bus.  They also aren't mega talented.  They got really good running games, weapons, great O lines, good defenses.  They got it all.  So the context for me weighs against them.  It's the oppoiste with Stafford and now Carr.

Guys like Stafford with Detriot and Carr with Vegas didn't always have hot supporting cast.  And their teams relied on them to carry them.   Their pass games are the engines of those teams by a mile.  Some detractors of those players, say they don't do this or that, but basically the argument used against them is more or less their play doesn't stack to the elite guys, even if some of their numbers do, because the bottom line is their teams aren't winning enough.

Their detractors aren't comparing these guys to the Case Keenums or Daniel Jones types but to the elite QBs and saying look see I told you so.  The irony is no one is arguing otherwise.  We are saying 10-14.  Not top 10.  Nope they aren't Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson or name that elite QB.  But they are in that next category and heck yeah they are better than the Heinicke's of this world and by a nice margin.  And yes that matters.

There are three things that Carr IMO has in common with Stafford.  

A.  team is on their back.  Their passing stats are good to great

B.  they are clutch

C.  They are really talented.

Stafford and Carr have some freak talent.  That's not the case IMO with Jimmy G or Mayfield.  I've said before nothing beats seeing arm strength than seeing it in person.  in that last drive against the WFT, Carr launched a 70 yard pass with such velocity, that it shook me.  I turned to a Raider fan who was to my right and i told him, what an arm this guy has, I knew it was strong but not that strong.  He just nodded. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-why-derek-carr-is-nearing-elite-qb-status

While he’s always possessed a strong arm, Carr is passing the ball with effortless power and showing an Aaron Rodgers-like ability to throw from different body positions while still maintaining velocity. His well-noted tireless work ethic and desire to be great are clearly visible, as no quarterback has improved as much as Carr with the nuances required to play the position since he came into the NFL in 2014.

Carr currently sits at No. 2 behind rookie Carson Wentz in adjusted completion percentage this season, at 79.2 (the Raiders are tied for the fifth-most drops in the league, with 10), finding completions in every direction of the field at every level, excelling especially in between the numbers. The offensive scheme run by Bill Musgrave is as good as any in the NFL at route dispersion, forcing the defense to cover every area of the field repeatedly with a variety of formations and route concepts that are not as standard as some of the pro concepts you consistently see.

Derek Carr passing by direction

Stats listed as [targets] – [completions] – [yards] – [touchdowns] – [interceptions].

Carr has always possessed good pocket instincts, but this season, his ability to feel the rush close in and quickly find a checkdown or an outlet have led him to being sacked just twice, a league low. He’s been salvaging plays, and most importantly, maintaining accuracy for yards-after-the-catch opportunities for his receivers. Carr’s passing-under-pressure numbers have been outstanding, with an adjusted completion percentage of 76.0, good for third-best in the NFL.

screen-shot-2016-10-05-at-1-21-52-pm

The most impressive quality Carr has shown this season is decisiveness. He’s a quick thinker, and right now is trusting what he sees and letting the ball go confidently. His capability to get the ball out quickly after he sees a receiver pop into his vision has been on display many times, just like in the play below.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Getting David Carr and resigning Terry McLaurin long term, would make those 2 the happiest players in the league.

Carr losing Cooper then they get Ruggs and now he's gone, so he'd be finally locked up long term with a super talented WR and Terry catching 20+ yarders in stride regularly and not having to get murdered making circus catches for any success. 

God that would be awesome. 

I want nothing to do with David Carr. He's been an analyst for years!

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Guys like Jimmy G and Mayfield, I get concerns.  They are not asking them to drive the bus.  They also aren't mega talented.  They got really good running games, weapons, great O lines, good defenses.  They got it all.  So the context for me weighs against them.  It's the oppoiste with Stafford and now Carr.

Guys like Stafford with Detriot and Carr with Vegas didn't always have hot supporting cast.  And their teams relied on them to carry them.   Their pass games are the engines of those teams by a mile.  Some detractors of those players, say they don't do this or that, but basically the argument used against them is more or less their play doesn't stack to the elite guys, even if some of their numbers do, because the bottom line is their teams aren't winning enough.

Their detractors aren't comparing these guys to the Case Keenums or Daniel Jones types but to the elite QBs and saying look see I told you so.  The irony is no one is arguing otherwise.  We are saying 10-14.  Not top 10.  Nope they aren't Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson or name that elite QB.  But they are in that next category and heck yeah they are better than the Heinicke's of this world and by a nice margin.  And yes that matters.

There are three things that Carr IMO has in common with Stafford.  

A.  team is on their back.  Their passing stats are good to great

B.  they are clutch

C.  They are really talented.

Stafford and Carr have some freak talent.  That's not the case IMO with Jimmy G or Mayfield.  I've said before nothing beats seeing arm strength than seeing it in person.  in that last drive Carr launced a 70 yard pass with such velocity, that it shook me.  I turned to a Raider fans who was to my right and i told him, what an arm this guy has, I knew it was strong but not that strong.  He just nodded. 

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-why-derek-carr-is-nearing-elite-qb-status

While he’s always possessed a strong arm, Carr is passing the ball with effortless power and showing an Aaron Rodgers-like ability to throw from different body positions while still maintaining velocity. His well-noted tireless work ethic and desire to be great are clearly visible, as no quarterback has improved as much as Carr with the nuances required to play the position since he came into the NFL in 2014.

Carr currently sits at No. 2 behind rookie Carson Wentz in adjusted completion percentage this season, at 79.2 (the Raiders are tied for the fifth-most drops in the league, with 10), finding completions in every direction of the field at every level, excelling especially in between the numbers. The offensive scheme run by Bill Musgrave is as good as any in the NFL at route dispersion, forcing the defense to cover every area of the field repeatedly with a variety of formations and route concepts that are not as standard as some of the pro concepts you consistently see.

Derek Carr passing by direction

Stats listed as [targets] – [completions] – [yards] – [touchdowns] – [interceptions].

Carr has always possessed good pocket instincts, but this season, his ability to feel the rush close in and quickly find a checkdown or an outlet have led him to being sacked just twice, a league low. He’s been salvaging plays, and most importantly, maintaining accuracy for yards-after-the-catch opportunities for his receivers. Carr’s passing-under-pressure numbers have been outstanding, with an adjusted completion percentage of 76.0, good for third-best in the NFL.

screen-shot-2016-10-05-at-1-21-52-pm

The most impressive quality Carr has shown this season is decisiveness. He’s a quick thinker, and right now is trusting what he sees and letting the ball go confidently. His capability to get the ball out quickly after he sees a receiver pop into his vision has been on display many times, just like in the play below.

I completely agree with this point. If there were only 2 categories of QBs in the NFL, one being the best/top of the line guys, I'd say Carr is firmly in that group, but not close to the top of it. The second category, would be your guys that can get you wins with talent on the team and that's where guys like Mayfield, Jimmy G, Bridgewater all live and Taylor is at the bottom of that group. Firmly. 

Most of the top tier guys are at the end of their careers, like Brady, Rodgers, Wilson and some are young like Herbert and Burrow. I think two QBs who are in the bottom of the first tier, Wentz and Carr still have their best football ahead of them because of their work ethic and drive.

Hopefully we can draft a QB who falls into that first category, but I'm not really convinced there is that QB in this draft making it an even longer shot. I think Trubisky could be a top of the bottom heap QB, but guys don't suddenly turn into those top tier guys. Those bottom tier guys don't usually make the playoffs consistently. 

Adding a player from the top tier at any position in it, would change every part of this team top to bottom. Adding a player from the 2nd tier seems crucial if we miss out on one of the top tier guys (of which I only see Carr as a possibility and some of that is his one year contract, making it even more of a gamble for us), but puts even more weight on the draft.

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I want nothing to do with David Carr. He's been an analyst for years!

:ols: I'm so much worse with names in real life.  :ols: 

I swear I have anomic aphasia.

Adding- David Carr is still an upgrade.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I completely agree with this point. If there were only 2 categories of QBs in the NFL, one being the best/top of the line guys, I'd say Carr is firmly in that group, but not close to the top of it. The second category, would be your guys that can get you wins with talent on the team and that's where guys like Mayfield, Jimmy G, Bridgewater all live and Taylor is at the bottom of that group. Firmly. 

Most of the top tier guys are at the end of their careers, like Brady, Rodgers, Wilson and some are young like Herbert and Burrow. I think two QBs who are in the bottom of the first tier, Wentz and Carr still have their best football ahead of them because of their work ethic and drive.

Hopefully we can draft a QB who falls into that first category, but I'm not really convinced there is that QB in this draft making it an even longer shot. I think Trubisky could be a top of the bottom heap QB, but guys don't suddenly turn into those top tier guys. Those bottom tier guys don't usually make the playoffs consistently. 

Adding a player from the top tier at any position in it, would change every part of this team top to bottom. Adding a player from the 2nd tier seems crucial if we miss out on one of the top tier guys (of which I only see Carr as a possibility and some of that is his one year contract, making it even more of a gamble for us), but puts even more weight on the draft.

Agree.  The more I think about it, the more I'd be jazzed about Carr,  Ironically the push back i am getting has made me dig in even further. The more I dig for info about Carr the more I like it. 

As you know, I dig Corral in this draft.  Will see how he does tonight.  But i'd take Carr over him by a mile.  With Carr its a bird in hand.  I know some here say the opposite but I do believe 31 is a good age for a QB to launch their best years.

Carr is loved by teammates.  Hard worker.  Great character.  He's clutch.  He's talented.  

It would feel a lot like Stafford did last year to me.  The arguments against Carr are so similar to what we had in this thread last offseason from the detractors of Stafford.  

I was skeptical that Stafford would be traded but was thrilled when he hit the market.  Too bad we came up short.  Maybe we can get lucky with Carr.  Somes differences are that Carr apparently doesn't want to leave the Raiders and the Raiders might actually make the playoffs and doing so I gather would make it seem silly to trade Carr -- and that would go double if they won in the playoffs. 

So for that reason I am actually rooting against the Raiders making the post season even if it emboldens his detractors here to make the case that he's the wrong guy. :ols:

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  The more I think about it, the more I'd be jazzed about Carr,  Ironically the push back i am getting has made me dig in even further. The more I dig for info about Carr the more I like it. 

As you know, I dig Corral in this draft.  Will see how he does tonight.  But i'd take Carr over him by a mile.  With Carr its a bird in hand.  I know some here say the opposite but I do believe 31 is a good age for a QB to launch their best years.

Carr is loved by teammates.  Hard worker.  Great character.  He's clutch.  He's talented.  

It would feel a lot like Stafford did last year to me.  The arguments against Carr are so similar to what we had in this thread last offseason from the detractors of Stafford.  

I was skeptical that Stafford would be traded but was thrilled when he hit the market.  Too bad we came up short.  Maybe we can get lucky with Carr.  Somes differences are that Carr apparently doesn't want to leave the Raiders and the Raiders might actually make the playoffs and doing so I gather would make it seem silly to trade Carr -- and that would go double if they won in the playoffs. 

So for that reason I am actually rooting against the Raiders making the post season even if it emboldens his detractors here to make the case that he's the wrong guy. :ols:

Carr would be our Holy Grail at QB.

Corral/Howell/Willis would be pretty damn close. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hoping the Raiders lose out too. Maybe some drama too. :ols: 

I was a big opponent to trying to get Stafford last year and I was absolutely wrong. We can't make that mistake again.

If we can get Carr, we have to do it. I don't see us in any better of a position this time next year if we don't. 

If we miss on Carr, I think the best case scenario is that we get sick of watching a Trusbisky by midseason and bench him for Corral and hope for the best. 

• Like 2