Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

The Huntley kid for the Ravens looks pretty damn good to me. Might be a good fit here. He’s gonna be starting somewhere next year. 

With the offense Baltimore runs he probably is more valuable as Lamar's backup than any picks they will be offered.

• Like 1

Not only are you guys right about how valuable he is to the team starting the rich-man’s version of him in Lamar Jackson…but he also didn’t even look that good today. He looked good the last game he started a couple weeks ago, and he’s flashed in preseason before. But it’s not like he’s earned himself a trade somewhere else with todays game. 

Just remember going into these offseason conversations how little some people really understand about all this. I include myself in that although there are some people here who are even more hilariously under-qualified for this QB conversation: for instance there were multiple loud people here on ES, at the height of the Heinicke hype, who were happy to spew that they would take Heinicke over Burrow, what has he done except have draft pedigree and a busted ACL? 

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

This Franchise needs to make a Massive play at QB this off-season, Rodgers or Wilson would be my choice. 

Washington Redwolves 

Rodgers or Wilson 

We need to go all-in to get this once proud franchise back from the dead. 

And finally 

Nooooooooooooo to the Commanders 

HTTRedwolves 

Speaking of Sheehan, he did quickly got over his man crush of the Giants before the season but now it seems to be on the Eagles now as his new crush. Gushing right now about they are way better than our team.  Hurts is the real deal and he was great yesterday.  Their future way better than ours.   I like Sheehan but his interest in building up the other teams in the East I find odd.  I do see Dallas as a potential juggernaut.  That team is loaded.  But the Eagles?  If we were fully healthy, I think we'd win both of those games.  I do envy their three #1 picks in this draft though.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of Sheehan, he did quickly got over his man crush of the Giants before the season but now it seems to be on the Eagles now as his new crush. Gushing right now about they are way better than our team.  Hurts is the real deal and he was great yesterday.  Their future way better than ours.   I like Sheehan but his interest in building up the other teams in the East I find odd.  I do see Dallas as a potential juggernaut.  That team is loaded.  But the Eagles?  If we were fully healthy, I think we'd win both of those games.  I do envy their three #1 picks in this draft though.

Hurts is the real deal?

Losing to Hurts is what other teams must have felt like losing to Heineke.  You feel cheated, like “how are we losing to this?”.

I hope Philly feels the same way and sticks with him.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't recall him bailing on the Giants early.  He needs to own his terrible takes.

You know, just because he's on the radio doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about or that you have to listen to him.

• Like 1

Here’s the conundrum. If we draft a first round QB then I don’t want Marriota or Tribisky. Heck, I can’t even spell the two. Heinike is fine as a backup or placeholder. However, If we wait for the draft and miss out then all the second tier QBs will have been grabbed. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Hurts is the real deal?

Losing to Hurts is what other teams must have felt like losing to Heineke.  You feel cheated, like “how are we losing to this?”.

I disagree. No reason to think they can't win with Hurts. I mean, they're definitely winning with hurts. They lean on the run game, Luke every team with a young QB, but I think yesterday it was pretty clear which team fielded an NFL QB and which team didn't. 

13 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't recall him bailing on the Giants early.  He needs to own his terrible takes.

You know, just because he's on the radio doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about or that you have to listen to him.

I like listening to him.   He's entertaining in my book whether I agree with him or not.  In the past, I agreed with him on a ton but not the recent off season.  Yeah he didn't stick with the Giants deep into the season but man did he love him before the season.

He was wrong about Darnold.  He was right about Stafford -- I was with him on that.  

I hope the Eagles see Hurts the way Sheehan does among others in our local media.  I don't think Hurts is bad.  He's better than Jones IMO.  I can argue he's above average when he's on but IMO he's not special at all.   I don't really fear him.  I would fear the Eagles if they got Watson or Rodgers, etc.  And they have plenty of ammunition to make a big deal.   

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Hurts is the real deal?

I think Hurts is a clear peg over Heinicke.  He's OK and sometimes better than OK.    But I think he puts a ceiling on them.  This is the perfect year for them to try to kill it for a veteran QB -- having three #1 picks so I hope they don't do it and ride with Hurts. 

12 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Here’s the conundrum. If we draft a first round QB then I don’t want Marriota or Tribisky. Heck, I can’t even spell the two. Heinike is fine as a backup or placeholder. However, If we wait for the draft and miss out then all the second tier QBs will have been grabbed. 

Looks like every indication is they swing hard first for whatever big veterans make the trade market and if they whiff they then shoot for the draft. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I disagree. No reason to think they can't win with Hurts. I mean, they're definitely winning with hurts. They lean on the run game, Luke every team with a young QB, but I think yesterday it was pretty clear which team fielded an NFL QB and which team didn't. 

I’d rather have Hurts over Heineke, sure.  But he doesn’t strike fear in my heart if we are fielding a decent defense.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think Hurts is a clear peg over Heinicke.  He's OK and sometimes better than OK.    But I think he puts a ceiling on them.  This is the perfect year for them to try to kill it for a veteran QB -- having three #1 picks so I hope they don't do it and ride with Hurts. 

I should have probably clarified - I take Hurts over Heineke 100 times out of 100.  I just wouldn’t be worried about facing him twice a year.  I’d much prefer they stay with him vs. get a better passer via the draft or FA.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d rather have Hurts over Heineke, sure.  But he doesn’t strike fear in my heart if we are fielding a decent defense.

I should have probably clarified - I take Hurts over Heineke 100 times out of 100.  I just wouldn’t be worried about facing him twice a year.  I’d much prefer they stay with him vs. get a better passer via the draft or FA.

There are only a handful of QBs that "strike fear in my heart". Rodgers and Brady I suppose. There's a large number that are very young and look to have decent careers ahead of them. I'd take Hurts with the same enthusiasm as Tua and he's looking pretty good. I'd rather have Mac or Burrow, sure, but I'd take Hurts over Fields or Lance.