Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I guess one thing to keep in mind, when we see the Raiders hand over their next 3 drafts so Antonio Pierce can scratch his JD5 itch at #1, is that the Bears wouldn't be dropping to #13, they'd be dropping to #9 that they already hold, which is where they'd draft Bo Nix after the whole staff minus FA-hunting Poles went to Oregon's pro day to make sure it's what they want to do, except they also all fell in really really like with Odunze, who's the guy they'll actually take at 9 before picking Nix at 13.

I didn't even see it on the television, it's all in my head, so you know it's real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, mistertim said:

ff0740a1-50fd-4c2d-a437-16a171ee3574_tex

Chuckle.

It happens to be what I think they’re going to do too.  Why? Because Maye is the prototypical QB who can win from the pocket and also has escapability and athleticism.

But they could pick Daniels.

I think all other options are smoke.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Chicago lets it be known they are trading the pick, 6 teams will bid for it, minimum.  And that’s going to make it expensive.  

But it depends on why Chicago is trading it.

I don't care if they get the Raiders draft. Going from the #1 pick in what is allegedly a QB heavy draft to a position where you don't get a QB at all is.....weird.

I wouldn't want to sell that to my fan base when I'm trying to get them to build me a new stadium.

20 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I don't think college remotely prepares any QB for the NFL any longer.

I agree, but again, I think NIL is freeing guys up to get better in college.  Granted, it's to improve their draft position and earnings, but we're now seeing guys like Daniels stay another year when before NIL it would have been a far more complicated decision.  And he definitely upped his stock, but in the process he took steps forward that are absolutely applicable at the next level.  

In 2023 he made big leaps in looking defenders off, throwing with anticipation, and improving his reads and cycling speed.  He's going to arrive in the NFL a significantly better player than if he'd come out last year.

Anyway, that's all I meant.  Maybe instead of being a sleeper last year, he's a better-evaluated, more mature, and quantifiable prospect this year.  And I think NIL is leading to more of that at the QB position.

22 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You know this how exactly?

‘Tis the season to throw out unsupported conjecture derived from the innermost recesses of the anal sphincter as an absolute unadulterated lock stock fact there buster boy.  Thats how.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If Chicago lets it be known they are trading the pick, 6 teams will bid for it, minimum.  And that’s going to make it expensive.  

Keep in mind the 2 overall pick holds far more currency than any other single asset others would have to offer.

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Keep in mind the 2 overall pick holds far more currency than any other single asset others would have to offer.

Yes. Unless they like a QB later if they like one of the big 4 no guarantee they get the one they like. If they traded with us, they can be more sure.

46 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

We are sticking at #2 and drafting Daniels.

42 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

You know this how exactly?

"abdcskins" has an a, d, and s in it. You know who else has those same exact letters in their name?

Adam Peters.

Coincidence? Doubtful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

What do you mean? Are you implying that Fromm and Marcus aren't going to have an epic camp battle for QB1?

What about:  The Official QB Thread- No Howell. Howell traded to the Seahawks No Way. The way is Drake Maye.   Mariotta vs Fromm battle for QB2

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The best part of this thread, by far, are the posts when the topic gets derailed and we talk about anything besides quarterbacks.

Entire reason I started this thread, is because QB talk ruined every thread and I wanted a thread I didn't have to go into.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Howell is gone and with that my dream scenario of trade back for a RG III type haul is over. I guess I will watch Daniel's and Maye and provide my armchair opinion later. 

With that said this has been an amazing FA period. Snyder had a budget and Harris does not.....

• Thumb up 1

Feels like everyone who is reported to be interested in trading up for a QB is interested in Maye. Haven't heard anything on Daniels.

One reason could be that the league is higher on Maye...another one could be that everyone expects us to take Daniels. I prefer Maye, so I hope the latter isn't the case.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

Agreed. That's the "ace in the hole" we would have.  Our pick's point value would be the highest, and if they liked one of Maye/Daniels, it would make sense to trade with us because they would be guaranteed to get that guy. 

However, if they could go either way, then New England could be an option at 3, and then the bidding war starts. 

If they like McCarthy as well as Daniels/Maye, then you're opening up to a variety of teams. 

It all depends.  

But I can't imagine the cost is less than a 2025 first + a 2024 2nd.  And that's the bare minimum.  It's probably MUCH more.  Like RGIII more.  Because SOMEBODY is going to offer the RGIII trade.  The question for the Bears will be, do they take the 3 firsts and second and move back to early teens, keep Fields and deal with QB next year? They would have 2 #1's next year at a minimum and could move up again if they wanted to.  

That's why I say, there's going to be a bidding war, which we might win.  Or we might not.  Or we might not want to.

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

But it depends on why Chicago is trading it.

I don't care if they get the Raiders draft. Going from the #1 pick in what is allegedly a QB heavy draft to a position where you don't get a QB at all is.....weird.

I wouldn't want to sell that to my fan base when I'm trying to get them to build me a new stadium.

Agreed.  But see above.  If they like more than 1 QB, then they have lots of options.  Lots and lots of options.

Hell, if the Raiders offer the RGIII trade, 3 #1's and a #2, they could possibly take that, move back to 12, and then package something and move back up to 5-8 and take QB4 if they like them.  

I personally think it's mostly an invented story.  But acknowledge there is some smoke.  So maybe there is a fire.  However, I still think the Bears just stand pat and pick Williams and he plays there.  That is by far the most likely scenario.

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Agreed. That's the "ace in the hole" we would have.  Our pick's point value would be the highest, and if they liked one of Maye/Daniels, it would make sense to trade with us because they would be guaranteed to get that guy. 

However, if they could go either way, then New England could be an option at 3, and then the bidding war starts. 

If they like McCarthy as well as Daniels/Maye, then you're opening up to a variety of teams. 

It all depends.  

But I can't imagine the cost is less than a 2025 first + a 2024 2nd.  And that's the bare minimum.  It's probably MUCH more.  Like RGIII more.  Because SOMEBODY is going to offer the RGIII trade.  The question for the Bears will be, do they take the 3 firsts and second and move back to early teens, keep Fields and deal with QB next year? They would have 2 #1's next year at a minimum and could move up again if they wanted to.  

That's why I say, there's going to be a bidding war, which we might win.  Or we might not.  Or we might not want to.

I think one issue with that is something we've noted here when it comes to punting until 2025: that the 2025 QB class looks very weak as of now. I'm sure the Bears would be well aware of that as well.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think one issue with that is something we've noted here when it comes to punting until 2025: that the 2025 QB class looks very weak as of now. I'm sure the Bears would be well aware of that as well.

Yeah, I'm sure.  Though, and I've fought battles on this, I think it's virtually impossible to tag a draft class a year out.  So much can change.  Before the 2020 season, Tua was the undisputed #1 overall pick and Burrow wasn't a first rounder.  Then he was.  A lot can change.  

Sometimes nothing changes, and it is what we thought it was going to be.  It's jus so tough to tell.

But there isn't a projected Caleb Williams level talent in next years draft, at least I haven't heard of one. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Good on the Vikes for pumping up their ammo reserves to move up, but I still don't see any of the top 3 moving out to make Williams/Daniels/Maye available to them.

All these teams like the Raiders and Vikes can like the higher end QBs, but they gotta convince some QB needy team to vacate to get one.

• Thumb up 1