Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

EB is a post turtle who's been living on the Andy Reid coaching tree like a violent loud special needs koala and Ron hired him as a hand out to a friend in a lame duck year.

The benefit to Howell and the offense, is I'm sure he's able to copy all the little things Reid does, but when it comes time to game day, my hopes are far from up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Let’s see how this season goes before we even begin to worry about EB as HC, shall we?

Yeah I thought the E.b to head coach to replace Rivera was a little premature.

It also makes no sense, if Bienemy is successful then so will Ron and he won't get fired, if Bienemy isn't then why would you want to promote him.

Highly unlikely we end up with Bienemy as our next head coach.

As many have said harris and his new gm will most likely want a completely fresh start and that will include the dismissal of Bienemy as well.

But again very much depends on how this season plays out.

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Yeah I thought the E.b to head coach to replace Rivera was a little premature.

It also makes no sense, if Bienemy is successful then so will Ron and he won't get fired, if Bienemy isn't then why would you want to promote him.

Highly unlikely we end up with Bienemy as our next head coach.

As many have said harris and his new gm will most likely want a completely fresh start and that will include the dismissal of Bienemy as well.

But again very much depends on how this season plays out.

I'm looking into the EB and the post Sale Skins/Commanders. They could easily keep Ron. But with the amount of authority that EB has taken over practice I can see him getting the head coaching job. I mean lets be real, some of this stuff just makes sense.

1. He's from the Andy Reid coaching tree which bears good fruit. 

2. We're seeing earlier practices in cooler times of day

3. We're seeing more plays in practice 

4. We're seeing longer durations of reps to increase effectiveness

5. He may be more in line with the analytic movement than Ron

6. It keeps the QB and OC / HC paired for a longer duration rather than having Howell having to learn a third offense in 3 or 4 years like Jason Campbell or Alex Smith. We have no idea how much that stunted their growth. 

16 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm looking into the EB and the post Sale Skins/Commanders. They could easily keep Ron. But with the amount of authority that EB has taken over practice I can see him getting the head coaching job. I mean lets be real, some of this stuff just makes sense.

6. It keeps the QB and OC / HC paired for a longer duration rather than having Howell having to learn a third offense in 3 or 4 years like Jason Campbell or Alex Smith. We have no idea how much that stunted their growth. 

Sure but how do you make the switcheroo?

If this offense is good enough to warrant the elevation of its coordinator to a head coaching role then this team is a superbowl contender, how do you fire Ron under that circumstance?

If the team is bad enough to fire Ron (which is the most likely scenario) then the offense is almost certainly bad, so then how do you promote the coordinator?

This conundrum has been brought up a few times.

it's possible they could fire Ron and make Bienemy the interim but I just don't see it happening. 

I just re read your post I didn't catch it the first time but I think you were suggesting they keep Ron in some other role and elevate Bienemy. 

Again possible but seems unlikely, the nfl doesn't have much of a history of doing that.

Again most likely scenario is a completely clean slate for a new gm to write on.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Sure but how do you make the switcheroo?

If this offense is good enough to warrant the elevation of its coordinator to a head coaching role then this team is a superbowl contender, how do you fire Ron under that circumstance?

If the team is bad enough to fire Ron (which is the most likely scenario) then the offense is almost certainly bad, so then how do you promote the coordinator?

This conundrum has been brought up a few times.

it's possible they could fire Ron and make Bienemy the interim but I just don't see it happening. 

I just re read your post I didn't catch it the first time but I think you were suggesting they keep Ron in some other role and elevate Bienemy. 

Again possible but seems unlikely, the nfl doesn't have much of a history of doing that.

Again most likely scenario is a completely clean slate for a new gm to write on.

Honestly I don't know. I don't think it has to be a mean departure. It doesn't have to mean Ron stays either. Ron got paid nicely, but hasn't produced yet. Its time to give somebody else a chance. Even if we get to 10-12 wins this year, players may accept that Harris (who is an analytics guy) comes to them with some analytics after the fact and says that the tempo of practice was a gamechanger. And Ron will still be available to help out and rally the troops (commanders), just not call timeouts or challenge catches. 

51 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Then Howell is not the guy and Ron is going to get fired.  

Brissett played behind a very good OL in Cleveland last year too. He's not going to look as good behind the one they threw together here. RR would be an idiot to not start Howell for at least the first few games. If they lose he's gone anyway. 

5 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

That depends on the Gm. I think we all assume, Josh will bring in a Gm and then let the Gm hire the coach. So, we could be one of the last teams to hire their guy. Josh and co. May do the initial round of interviews until a Gm is hired but the Gm will make the final decision.

If EB improves the offense; he will probably be given an interview but we can’t assume he’s a lock for the job. I expect several candidates to be interviewed.

If we were to win 10-12 games or by chance the Superbowl, you have to let Rivera go (Front Office or elsewhere) because you have to promote EB to the head coach position or lose him to a team that will make him head coach.  If not the Rivera is looking for a new coordinator and Sam is learning a third offense because you allowed your Superbowl winning offense leave.

If anyone but Howell is starting week one, Rivera needs to be tarred and feathered at Ashburn (not FedEx, I'm not driving that far) and run out of town, once and for all. Jacoby is not the future, a back up is not our future. I'm not saying Howell is, but we know Jacoby is not. I don't know why Rivera speaks so obtusely to the media, just give the typical, worthless, vanilla response. 

9 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What if Ron starts JB instead of SH to start the season?

🤷‍♂️ then he’ll get what he deserves, within 18 weeks. Which is fired. Showing he pulled off a miracle with Howell is his only chance to stay employed here. Anything else is just going to be slow-motion self-destruction. The slow-motion part is optional. 

18 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What if Ron starts JB instead of SH to start the season?

Then he should be fired for cause. Starting Sam and having him develop and show he could be a legit starting QB is the only chance Ron has of keeping his job beyond this season.

2 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Then he should be fired for cause. Starting Sam and having him develop and show he could be a legit starting QB is the only chance Ron has of keeping his job beyond this season.

Agreed, but this is where I have grown concerned about Ron's decisions. He has been shortsighted on some of his starter choices. 

He talks up Howell then talks up Brissett. Is this his way of motivating or is he really flip flopping. Who knows for sure

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Agreed, but this is where I have grown concerned about Ron's decisions. He has been shortsighted on some of his starter choices. 

He talks up Howell then talks up Brissett. Is this his way of motivating or is he really flip flopping. Who knows for sure

Rivera’s media strategy leaves a lot to be desired. He just handles it poorly. Too honest, too vague, too all over the place. And for some that strategy is perfect. But for this franchise and what has happened with it… that strategy just causes unneeded spotlights to be shined on the most minute of issues and has the opposite effect of what is intended.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Rivera’s media strategy leaves a lot to be desired. He just handles it poorly. Too honest, too vague, too all over the place. And for some that strategy is perfect. But for this franchise and what has happened with it… that strategy just causes unneeded spotlights to be shined on the most minute of issues and has the opposite effect of what is intended.

Exactly. His strategies as you put it, are often what sparks the questions by the media and of course our community. 

While it seems like it is his motivational attempts, I can see it working in the opposite direction. 

Harris and company are going to need to take these abilities into account as they move through the season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Agree.  I'd add what hurts him is he says one thing one month and then the next month will say something entirely different.  

I don't think he remembers what he says from what time to another.

I don't think he's purposely dishonest but he unintentionally comes off as a dude who is all over the place.  

Like he's only half payinng attention to what's going on.  Him for example revealing he didn't know they could be eliminated from the playoffs after the Browns game last year brings it home.

Comes off like the absent minded professor with way too much on his plate.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  I'd add what hurts him is he says one thing one month and then the next month will say something entirely different.  

I don't think he remembers what he says from what time to another.

I don't think he's purposely dishonest but he unintentionally comes off as a dude who is all over the place.  

Like he's only half payinng attention to what's going on.  Him for example revealing he didn't know they could be eliminated from the playoffs after the Browns game last year brings it home.

Comes off like the absent minded professor with way too much on his plate.

Not knowing we were eliminated, flip flopping on starting Sam, until the team said Howell was starting, calling the wrong number on draft weekend 2 or 3 times. 

I'm glad it sounds like he's really stepped back from being the HC except for media appearances. Let ol' man Riverboat hang out with the LBers as he fades towards retirement.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1