Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Yes lets see what Howell have.

at this point, wuth us basically out if the playoffs, seeing Howell play in the game would be a small win for the fan.   I dont it doesn't make anyone in the locker room feel any better but at least, it gives the fans a reason to watch the game….

i say it again… next year… new owner, new coach, new QB…. Maybe we will have a chance if ALL 3 things happen this offseason…. If not, not much to look forward to next year…

If these 3 things all dont happen, i am an idiotic fan so i will find something on surface to get excited about but deep inside, i will know that the season will end up in a failure. Same as it has been over past 3 decades 

I know general thought is that Carson has no confidence, but watching him postgame you’d think he didn’t just officially sink the season, play terribly and never sniff a starting position in the league again.

He was kind of aw shucks, yeah I’d like to have some back.  Umm dude, you literally played terribly and had what’s left of a near extinct fanbase screaming for an undrafted noodle arm to replace you, with the loudest chant I’ve heard in a decade at that stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

The Packers are playing their very best game of the 2022 season. Kicking the Vikings purple behinds.

They have effectively taken the dagger our of our collective arm and jammed it in our neck. 

The season is over.  Looking forward to seeing the rookie play next week.

Thankfully.  I don’t want Dallas to have any joy in the thought of playing any role in knocking us out. At this point it’s for the best.  Would’ve been fun to get in but we all know this is a one and done team at best.   The writing was on the wall once they lost to the Giants. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It'll eventually come out that the Wentz trade was all Snyder. He even used the "we have a quarterback" in a congressional deposition. Probably his last attempt to save his ownership. 

Rivera hasn't proven he can locate a viable QB in 3 years here so far...we don't need it to be a Snyder decision. Ron's capable of ****ing that up all on his own. It's telling that the only QB brought here under Ron's watch that's been anywhere remotely close to being effective has been Heinicke. Kyle Allen, Fitzpatrick, Gilbert, Wentz...all flopped.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Well, he didn’t know we could be eliminated from the playoffs today, so…

They talked about it in the radio they think he was being sarcastic. 

There was a report which I posted last week that if they are eliminated after this game, Howell would likely start, a national reporter was told that by the club so I figure someone had to know 

But IMO Ron should curb the sarcasm if so post a loss 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

There was a report which I posted last week that if they are eliminated after this game, Howell would likely start, a national reporter was told that by the club so I figure someone had to know 

It’s almost worse if he was being sarcastic. It was a legit question that was asked. Responding to that with sarcasm is childish and it’s really opposite of Rivera’s character.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching it live it came across as if he didn't realize it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Rivera hasn't proven he can locate a viable QB in 3 years here so far...we don't need it to be a Snyder decision. Ron's capable of ****ing that up all on his own. It's telling that the only QB brought here under Ron's watch that's been anywhere remotely close to being effective has been Heinicke. Kyle Allen, Fitzpatrick, Gilbert, Wentz...all flopped.

This team hasn’t been able to keep a viable quarterback or find one for 30 years. The problem was here before Ron, it’ll be here after. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I know general thought is that Carson has no confidence, but watching him postgame you’d think he didn’t just officially sink the season, play terribly and never sniff a starting position in the league again.

He was kind of aw shucks, yeah I’d like to have some back.  Umm dude, you literally played terribly and had what’s left of a near extinct fanbase screaming for an undrafted noodle arm to replace you, with the loudest chant I’ve heard in a decade at that stadium.

Watching Carson’s body language he plays with no urgency or oomph.

As much as Irsay was over the top in his criticism I get it more now when he said he talked to others in the Colts locker room and implied they weren’t the biggest fans of Carson specifically as to how they played with the playoffs on the line 

Just now, Chris 44 said:

Watching it live it came across as if he didn't realize it. 

If so seems like an odd brain fart in the context of Joshina Andersons report early this week which was she was told Howell was likely to start the closer if they are eliminated today 

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s almost worse if he was being sarcastic. It was a legit question that was asked. Responding to that with sarcasm is childish and it’s really opposite of Rivera’s character.

Agree it would be worse 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Watching Carson’s body language he plays with no urgency or oomph.

As much as Irsay was over the top in his criticism I get it more now when he said he talked to others in the Colts locker room and implied they weren’t the biggest fans of Carson specifically as to how they played with the playoffs on the line 

I really thought we were going to see Heinicke after the half and would have been fine with it.  Then he led the 12 minute drive, made some legit 3rd down conversions, and showed a lot of fire after scoring the TD, buying himself another half of football.  It certainly looked like the guys were hyping him up after score like they did early on for Heinicke as well.

Edit: I’ll add Scott killed all momentum coming out of halftime with 2 up the gut runs for nothing putting us immediately in 3rd and long.  Everything logical indicated the Browns would come out hellbent in stopping the run and Scott just giftwrapped the ball right back to them.  It was all downhill from there.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Eh Kyle Allen played ok before he got hurt. Never should have given up a 5th round pick for him tho. 😔

I liked Allen, but he got another shot with the Texans. He flopped nearly as hard as Wentz. Allen had something to him in his short time with us, but whatever it was, it's gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I really thought we were going to see Heinicke after the half and would have been fine with it.  Then he led the 12 minute drive, made some legit 3rd down conversions, and showed a lot of fire after scoring the TD, buying himself another half of football.  It certainly looked like the guys were hyping him up after score like they did early on for Heinicke as well.

That game brought back to me one of my criticisms of Wentz from early this season which is plays with no zest and if seems to filter to the rest of the offense. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

No, Ron was genuinely surprised to hear they could be eliminated today. I saw it live. No doubt.

Edited by Dan T.

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

No Ron was genuinely surprised to hear they could be out today. I saw it live. No doubt.

Ok then like I said it makes that Joshina Anderson report super weird. So either she just made it up, Ron knew then but forgot, or someone else in the organization knew but Ron did not 

Edited by Skinsinparadise