Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Hard to judge Wentz in this situation where he came in late when the game was already decided against a team that didnt prepare for him. 

that said, the football jumps out of his hand nicely on some of those passes. 

will be interesting to see how he plays next week.  

i wish we could install Heinicke’s moxie and intangibles into Wentz’s brain. Perfect QB. 😂

• Like 4

I still believe the O-Line played a huge factor in most of TH's mistakes these last few weeks.

Case in point: that terrible interception today where the ball came out with three SF linemen in his face.

Our QBs get pressured constantly and we've normalized that.

By contrast, all of Purdy's big plays came when the guy had all day long to throw. The guy was basically in his own personal island.

Until we get that kind of performance from our O-Line in passing plays I don't think it matter who plays QB.

Edited by El Mexican
Edited for Clarity
  • Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Unless I'm looking at the wrong weather forecast, looks like next Sunday will be 65 degrees. 

Yep. Rainy though. Actually, kinda funny, last years week 17 game it was like 63 and cloudy, then the next day we got 9-10 inches of snow. Next week, 65 and rainy, next day=? (I doubt it’ll snow, just funny how similar both week 17’s are)

10 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just looking at the picture above it seems like Heinicke is sort of mad/sad that he's been pulled off the saddle and "BIG" Wentz is getting his chance to ride.

Heinicke came first and all things considered it was a good first coming in the begining. He may have played in spurts but when he came on good he definitely enjoyed the ride.

But unfortunately things ended for him as dry as the drifting sands of the Sahara.

Now he looks upset and disgruntled. I guess he knows his coming days are over with this team and there's nothing he can do about it but be quiet, grit his teeth and bare it while "BIG" Wentz straps up  and takes his turn in the saddle.

If you take a close look at Carson, on the other hand, he just looks absolutely possessed with that 1,000 yard stare of his-- as if the only thing in the world that matters to him is to go deep and come on strong repeatedly.

Guess we'll have to wait until next week to see whether "BIG" Wentz's coming is a spectular gusher type success or just another in a long line of limp milk dud droopy dripper disappointments.

Edited to add:

The video below was from another post. I pasted it here by mistake and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

The first half of this game was something like 11 passes to 24 runs. We were running on nearly 70% of plays.

They believed in TH so little, that in a game where you are squaring up against the #1 rush D in the league the best option they could devise for team success was to run the ball even harder. Screw the locker-room, if your sitting in a coaches meeting putting this plan together, and that is your end result, you just say screw-it and go to Wentz. It is mind numbing how it took so long to get to this point when the staff had absolutely no faith in the guy. 

I truly hope I never have to see TH take another snap for us.

Wentz aint some world beater, but he should at least return the ability to tailor a gameplan which is clearly something I have been taking for granted.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, illone said:

wish we could install Heinicke’s moxie and intangibles into Wentz’s brain. Perfect QB. 😂

Taylor’s moxie is Terry McLaurin and blind luck.  DBs dropping INTs which are in their hands and refs knocking down defenders. That’s the blind luck part.  

The other part of moxie magic is winging it in McLaurin’s direction and praying good things happen.

Wentz should do that.  People will think he’s got moxie magic.  

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

The first half of this game was something like 11 passes to 24 runs. We were running on nearly 70% of plays.

They believed in TH so little, that in a game where you are squaring up against the #1 rush D in the league the best option they could devise for team success was to run the ball even harder. Screw the locker-room, if your sitting in a coaches meeting putting this plan together, and that is your end result, you just say screw-it and go to Wentz. It is mind numbing how it took so long to get to this point when the staff had absolutely no faith in the guy. 

I truly hope I never have to see TH take another snap for us.

Wentz aint some world beater, but he should at least return the ability to tailor a gameplan which is clearly something I have been taking for granted.

What's frustrating is that, even with Heinicke in, we actually did move the ball really well throwing it. Heinicke was pretty good for large chunks of the game but was let down by the OL and horrendous playcalling. But there were plays made in the downfield passing game. 

It all fell apart in the 2nd half after the 9ers scored on the opening drive and we didn't convert on the 4th and inches a couple possessions later. Game snowballed out of control.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Or… over the last 5 starts they haven’t broken 20 points. And they need to do that to win more games.

I haven’t watched the last 3 quarters of the game yet.  I hope to tomorrow.

if you’re going to use the QBR thing, however, in the 2 games against the giants it was

35.4 in the second game

26.5 in the first.  
53 against the Falcons,

50 against the Texans,

59 against the Eagles, 

29 against the Vikings

57 against the colts

34 against the Packers

If you’re trying to use QBR to justify anything, it is Ron should have sat Taylor on the bench ages ago because he’s dreadful.  

His high water mark until today was 59.  Which isn’t really good.  

And he had 4 games under 40, which is horrendous. 

And 2 in the 20’s. I’m not sure what the word for worse than horrendous is, but this is the definition of it. 

Cherry picking one game with one stat is stupid.  Also, they still failed to score.

They have to try something different because what they are doing isn’t working.  And really hasn’t worked, except for the Eagles game, in any of TH’s starts.  He’s gotten outstanding defensive performances and dominant rushing performances and been carried to a whole bunch of wins,

He hasn’t actually been a reason they win much of anything.

He can’t be off the roster soon enough.  And tweets by fools like this come off as just butt-hurt hivers who are grasping at straws to not blame their champion who categorically is dreadful. 

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Sad 1

Just now, Riggo-toni said:

I don't hate Heinecke, nor am I an apologist. He is a poor man's Fitzpatrick - a good backup for a few games, but in no way a franchise QB, or even an adequate starter. I would like to see him re-signed for a modest amount, but I don't want him as competing for starter.

I completely disagree.  He is Scott Turner’s binky. 

He needs off the roster. Howell needs to either be competing for the starting job or be the backup.  

As long as he’s here, there is a chance he can play.  And he can’t actually play.  So he needs gone.  

6 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I think Ron is going to go to Wentz for as much about next year as it is the next two games.    He's seen how new QB's have struggled this year.   Probably wants to have a reason to go with Wentz next year...at a lower cost.

I am in the minority but I think it’s a lock Wentz comes back on a restructured deal, absent an NFC championship game appearance.  

They need to have Wentz as the floor for QB next year.  And don’t tell me TH and Wentz have the same floor.  They don’t.  If you try to make that argument, you’re wrong.  

They aren’t cutting Wentz, re-sighing TH and riding with TH and Howell and hoping they could land Carr, Jimmy or Aaron.  Because if they don’t, they have a top 5 WR group and no way to get them the ball. 

I think they might go after those guys but there is no guarantee they get one.  So… I think Wentz is back at least for next year in a restructured deal.  If they can get Carr also, they might be able to do it.  

37 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Or… over the last 5 starts they haven’t broken 20 points. And they need to do that to win more games.

I haven’t watched the last 3 quarters of the game yet.  I hope to tomorrow.

if you’re going to use the QBR thing, however, in the 2 games against the giants it was

35.4 in the second game

26.5 in the first.  
53 against the Falcons,

50 against the Texans,

59 against the Eagles, 

29 against the Vikings

57 against the colts

34 against the Packers

If you’re trying to use QBR to justify anything, it is Ron should have sat Taylor on the bench ages ago because he’s dreadful.  

His high water mark until today was 59.  Which isn’t really good.  

And he had 4 games under 40, which is horrendous. 

And 2 in the 20’s. I’m not sure what the word for worse than horrendous is, but this is the definition of it. 

Cherry picking one game with one stat is stupid.  Also, they still failed to score.

They have to try something different because what they are doing isn’t working.  And really hasn’t worked, except for the Eagles game, in any of TH’s starts.  He’s gotten outstanding defensive performances and dominant rushing performances and been carried to a whole bunch of wins,

He hasn’t actually been a reason they win much of anything.

He can’t be off the roster soon enough.  And tweets by fools like this come off as just butt-hurt hivers who are grasping at straws to not blame their champion who categorically is dreadful. 

Hmmm... jumping to conclusion much? lol

I posted that tweet since he hasn't been really high on the QBR chart (which you guys pointed out like nauseum) and he did so against a #1 D. But, it was actually sad to see that number that didn't translate to a win. Only if. Not sure why Jumbo thought it was funny. Anyway, really didn't care for the Wentz comment though. That is just a fan being a fan of Taylor. 

19 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So… I think Wentz is back at least for next year in a restructured deal.  If they can get Carr also, they might be able to do it.  

So will Carr backup Wentz or Wentz backup Carr? 

Edited by zCommander