Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO as for QB talent is #1 but the next two components are critical --

A.  the personality-drive of that QB, not every player has that Rocky like drive. 

B.  Good coaching and supporting cast.

I've has some friendly debates with some who think its almost all about B after talent.    IMO its about both A and B after talent.    Bruce Arians wrote a great book about QBs and he delves into it in detail. 

True and A is so hard to isolate and validate.

Every QB at the point of being drafted has a personal drive.  But how do you determine when it will expire.

Who knew that Michael Jordan would be who he was as a Junior? (Not a QB ..but not doubt,  the personal drive kng).

Why did Brady, Montana, Patrick M get drafted later than I deserved?

And can the personal drive be derived post being drafted/given an opportunity?  Consider Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie (others that I can't put my finger on at the moment).

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

True and A is so hard to isolate and validate.

Big time.  Mike Shanahan said he doesn't know until he has the QB in the building but once he does he would know within a week.

6 minutes ago, dc1 said:

And can the personal drive be derived post being drafted/given an opportunity?  Consider Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Doug Flutie (others that I can't put my finger on at the moment).

It's defintitely not easy.  I think over time there has been a great emphasis on gauging personality -- or at least that's my impression when reading about scouts-draft stories.   I've read stories about really deep dives into players personalities including teams using an employee to pick up the player from the airport and then grilling that driver about how the player interacted with them. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

As obvious, we are allowing minor off topic posts re other qbs etc. as long as there isn't some ongoing exchange or too many of them.

In that spirit, having thoroughly enjoyed their loss today, I'd like to add my new nickname for dynamic dak to the mix: TR2 (for Tony Romo 2).

Thenk yew.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

As obvious, we are allowing minor off topic posts re other qbs etc. as long as there isn't some ongoing exchange or too many of them.

In that spirit, having thoroughly enjoyed their loss today, I'd like to add my new nickname for dynamic dak to the mix: TR2 (for Tony Romo 2).

Thenk yew.

We can't call him White Kurt Cousins anymore after this week.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, mistertim said:

I notice you didn't answer my question. If W-L is the main thing that matters (which is what Heinicke fans tend to default to when it's pointed out that his numbers are unimpressive), then by that logic if Heinicke were throwing for 3-4 TDs and 300-400 yards per game but we were losing, he should be benched. Right?

It's a bit of a moot point since that has not happened yet.

We saw that with Cousins and Brad Johnson and coaches didn't bench them. Lots of yards and TDs and constante losing.

I'll give you an answer when and if that happens.

Right now the W-L record is more important than balls out QB play.

4 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

It's a bit of a moot point since that has not happened yet.

We saw that with Cousins and Brad Johnson and coaches didn't bench them. Lots of yards and TDs and constante losing.

I'll give you an answer when and if that happens.

Right now the W-L record is more important than balls out QB play.

So basically you know that you wouldn't bench him and hence your logic of W-L is all that matters isn't internally consistent and hence nonsensical, so instead you try to wiggle your way out of it with semantics.

Heinicke….what is he good at? I know there are the people that say the team plays better with him because the players play hard for him but the offenses output is terrible, i dont care the defense gave up a 97 yard drive they only allowed 13 pts at home and we couldn’t win, im sorry but heinicke single handedly loses us a games and when we win it’s in spite of him.

Edited by CjSuAvE22
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Heinicke….what is he good at? I know there are the people that say the team plays better with him because the players play hard for him but the offenses output is terrible, i dont care the defense gave up a 97 yard drive they only allowed 13 pts at home and we couldn’t win, im sorry but heinicke single handedly loses us a games and when we win it’s in spite of him.

Who do you want to replace him with this season? He plays better then Wentz with this group. Wentz gets sacked like 8 or 9 times a game.End of the year you can get someone else but he probably gives us the best chance to win this year.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Heinicke puts a hard ceiling on what this offense can produce. The OL is also bad but good QB play can make up for that. Heinicke is just too inconsistent and we can't sustain offense with him. He can give you a good drive or two with some random big play magic but opposing defenses don't fear him or even respect him at all. 

Its a shame because the skill position talent we have is quite good.

14 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

He's excellent at making DBs drop interceptions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m all set with Heinicke. He tried to give away the game before the refs stepped in to help him do it, so by that admission the bad calls shouldn’t come into play.

Heinicke fumbled while we were in field goal range, fumbled away a touchdown and should have thrown a game losing pick. 

Any other QB here is lambasted for that performance. But Heinicke skates for some. I’ll say this… after the Heinicke fumble in the fourth the defense got gashed because the moxie magic ran out and they gave up on our offense. I’ve seen it before and that’s exactly what happened on that drive.

Want to blame someone for the loss? Look no further than the OL, Heinicke and Turner.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

I’m ok with going with wentz if the coaches think there’s a miraculous chance he won’t suck. 

I think he will suck. But we’re limited at QB right now and if he did turn a miracle this becomes instant Super Bowl contender. 

given we’re destined to miss the playoffs or make them so we can have one good national game where we get our doors blown off, I dont really see the downside of the coaches think there’s a chance. 

that said I liked Taylor in the second half and I wish they’d stop trying to be cute and a run only team and waiting until the end of the game to throw the ball around. I know he throws 5 potential interceptions a game and 1 or 2 get caught but you gotta do it. Just hope they don’t come at bad times and try to put yourself in the 4th quarter with a lead and then run the clock. 

Edited by tshile