Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Not that KB actually stops posting when his takes

go bad, but it’s more respectable than folks who still show up to tell us the urine is actually rain, and it’s only raining because the sun, the moon, the stars all stink and the Heinicke cloud is just a victim.

Outside of one poster who is saying that Heinicke is "solid", who exactly is saying he played all sunshine and rainbows?  Every single post in here is dragging him.  

Just now, MrJL said:

it's up to the QB to know that someone is coming from the side that is literally called their blindside? 

The QB always has to know where the free man is coming from and act accordingly.  Heinicke himself admitted that play was on him in the postgame presser.  

Heinicke is way more honest about his play than his biggest defenders.  It’s why I like him and loathe the Hive.

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

Outside of one poster who is saying that Heinicke is "solid", who exactly is saying he played all sunshine and rainbows?  Every single post in here is dragging him.  

They are pretty quiet right now, but look around - I can think of half a dozen posters that have deflected the blame of yesterdays game to everyone but Heinicke that are actively posting in different threads right now.

• Like 1

Heinicke’s play only works when you’re winning. It can only be defended with wins. He hasn’t won the last 2. So if we go with Wentz and somehow back into the playoffs what happens with his contract? I would rather pay Payne than stick with Wentz. They can’t go to Howell at this point either.  I’m not sure  what the best path forward is. 

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They are pretty quiet right now, but look around - I can think of half a dozen posters that have deflected the blame of yesterdays game to everyone but Heinicke that are actively posting in different threads right now.

I'm not saying TH is blameless, but no way is he the #1, 2 or 3 reason we lost.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The QB always has to know where the free man is coming from and act accordingly.  Heinicke himself admitted that play was on him in the postgame presser.  

Heinicke is way more honest about his play than his biggest defenders.  It’s why I like him and loathe the Hive.

I mean, not holding onto the ball is definitely on him, but trying to evade someone you can't see but can see you seems pretty much an exercise in futility.  That's something that needs to be dealt with by calling for a designed rollout or changing pass protections

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Heinicke’s play only works when you’re winning. It can only be defended with wins. He hasn’t won the last 2. So if we go with Wentz and somehow back into the playoffs what happens with his contract? I would rather pay Payne than stick with Wentz. They can’t go to Howell at this point either.  I’m not sure  what the best path forward is. 

They absolutely can go with Howell. It just is a big cahone move. If it works, you find a franchise level QB, can be set at the position to worry about shoring up other important needs and you may be in the playoffs.

If it doesn't work Rivera's seat is a bit warmer, it puts an emphasis on QB in the offseason.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

You're screwed no matter what

Play Wentz and he sucks? Well you shouldn't have dealt for him in the first place. He produces? Goddammit why did we waste games with Heinicke? Are we stuck paying him next year?

Play Howell and he sucks? He wasn't ready and you ruined him. He doesn't and (see above)

Play Heinicke and he sucks

• Like 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

the scoop and score TD was seven of the key points and affected how we called the rest of the game.  He's the reason we lost, the D and the refs are why we didn't win

14 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I never said he was a solid starter; which would probably put him in the top 20.   I said he's a solid QB; Who is a low end starter/high end backup.   

A guy you can win games with...someone you can go to the playoffs with....But he needs more help than others.

2 minutes ago, MrJL said:

I mean, not holding onto the ball is definitely on him, but trying to evade someone you can't see but can see you seems pretty much an exercise in futility.  That's something that needs to be dealt with by calling for a designed rollout or changing pass protections

The QB is supposed to diagnose this at the LOS pre-snap.

25 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Our entire QB situation is awful. I would have went to Howell weeks and weeks ago (before the streak if I'm being honest).

Now we will enter 2023 offseason with the plan that Wentz is gone (if he's not and we keep him at his salary... the FO needs to be fired), Heinicke is a FA and Howell with no experience. We dropped the ball. The only way to make that okay there is to actually make the playoffs at this point. It's not looking good.

Not only that, theres zero clear path to getting anything other than a placeholder QB next year. Which means in 24 were doing the same thing again with looking for a QB. We are wildly stuck in the middle. 

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

He directly, personally gave the Giants 7 points and led to them getting 3 more. That's half their total score. I'd call him reasons #1 and #2.

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

the scoop and score TD was seven of the key points and affected how we called the rest of the game.  He's the reason we lost, the D and the refs are why we didn't win

I hate blaming the defense in any way for last night but that's a very good way of putting it.

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I never said he was a solid starter; which would probably put him in the top 20.   I said he's a solid QB; Who is a low end starter/high end backup.   

A guy you can win games with...someone you can go to the playoffs with....But he needs more help than others.

Live look at FLSkinz83:

Image result for mental gymnastics

The mental gymnastics are impressive.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Turner, Pass protection, Defense, refs.   That's 4

The Defense... ? They gave up one bad drive. That was it. 

An even decent QB last night gets a win, regardless what slow-churning plays Turner calls. The opportunities are there.

Just now, KDawg said:

Defense?

You're blaming...

Okay. You're not a real account. This was created to laugh at those of us who watch the games. I've figured it out. 

The defense was nowhere good enough against an awful offense.  Not even close.   They did nothing to help the offense.  No sacks, no turnovers.  Didn't flip field position once.

That was a good performance against the Chiefs, not the Giantrs.