Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I’m really torn on this trade. I do think he’s a better option than Trubisky or Jimmy. At worst he’s a stopgap for one year and we can still draft a qb this year. 

Prior to Eagles drafting him, I said his mechanics were poor. Hopefully Turner and company can fix it but more importantly Wentz is willing to learn and not try to do too much. Most of his fumbles occur when he holds the ball way too long and tries to be like Big Ben. He takes too many chances instead of throwing the ball away when needed. 

Maybe after being traded twice in 2 years, he becomes a bit humble. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This still gives us the ability to package Wentz and picks for a superstar

This

We now have someone tradable. This time next year we will have a QB on a multi-yr deal w/ no G money. That is tantalizing as a trade prospect. We wont be in the same scenario we were in this year where we had nothing to offer other teams at QB. This lets us sit at the bargaining table.

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Well, it's not low 20s. It's basically $28m+. 26m+ 27M+.

The angst (not really accurate for me as I don't care about this team anymore), even coming from a guy who was something of a Wentz fan a year or two ago, is the guy is clearly so toxic that contender who just traded a 1 for him was in consideration to just pay him the 15 mil and let him go. He can't stay healthy, has regressed and has teammates and coaches who want no part of him. 

No way would I consider paying three years and $82 mil or so for a guy like that. Much less give up draft picks for the privilege. They should have given picks to take on the deal because it saves them the guaranteed money they were likely going to eat. 

It's hard for me to say a guy who went 27/7 last year has regressed.  There's definitely more to the soup as far as him as a person, as to why the Colts were ready to cut bait - but there's still nothing out there that I've seen as far as actual stories about him that make him so toxic.  They also don't have to pay him $82MM, they owe him $28MM and can cut him with no cap hit after the 2022 season if he doesn't work out.

Beggars cannot be choosers and I'd wager there were other teams interested in his services, so the whole Colts take the cap hit to cut him scenario doesn't hold much water for me.  If anything, I bet the Colts have something else up their sleeve coming real soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Commander Wentz will be great for us. I’m pumped up about it. He’s like a Brad Johnson or Rich Gannon. Add some pieces and we got a shot. 

Woah, stop the ES press. SoCal is happy about something. 

Kidna worries me and cools me off a bit about this.  :ols:

• Haha 7

I like Wentz the best among the 3rd type options.  And lol it gives me peace of mind of no Trubisky here. :ols:

Wentz > Trubisky

Wentz > Winston

Wentz > Mariota

Wentz > Jimmy G

One year trial.  I am betting there is a good chance they still take a QB in the draft too.  Will see. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's hard for me to say a guy who went 27/7 last year has regressed.  There's definitely more to the soup as far as him as a person, as to why the Colts were ready to cut bait - but there's still nothing out there that I've seen as far as actual stories about him that make him so toxic.  They also don't have to pay him $82MM, they owe him $28MM and can cut him with no cap hit after the 2022 season if he doesn't work out.

Beggars cannot be choosers and I'd wager there were other teams interested in his services, so the whole Colts take the cap hit to cut him scenario doesn't hold much water for me.  If anything, I bet the Colts have something else up their sleeve coming real soon.

LOL. "A 2nd, a 3rd, probably another 2nd, a swap of 2s and 28 mil for one year isn't so bad because we can just cut him in a year" is a great defense of a trade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Can't wait to talk about which QB we should move up to draft next year because Wentz won us just enough games to keep us out of a top three pick. 

If that happens we are shipping our 2nd to indy. not very conductive to moving up for a QB.

News reports from Philly were that he did not get along with teammates, that he was arrogant with coaches and would not accept criticism.  Dallas and Philly fans are laughing hard right now.  This was a panic move which should have been avoided.  So disappointed now.  At one point Doug Pederson and Carson would not speak to each other.  Why do we always hire some other teams garbage?  Years ago when we hired Norv Turner we got several ex-Cowboys who were over the hill and later we released all of them.

Edited by veteranskinsfan
  • Sad 1

Just now, veteranskinsfan said:

News reports from Philly were that he did not get along with teammates, that he was arrogant with coaches and would not accept criticism.  Dallas and Philly fans are laughing hard right now.  This was a panic move which should have been avoided.  So disappointed now.  At one point Doug Pederson and Carson would not speak to each other.  Why do we always

hire some other teams garbage?

I heard this too. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Prior to Eagles drafting him, I said his mechanics were poor. Hopefully Turner and company can fix it but more importantly Wentz is willing to learn and not try to do too much. Most of his fumbles occur when he holds the ball way too long and tries to be like Big Ben. He takes too many chances instead of throwing the ball away when needed. 

Im torn on this, I remember early on in his career never feeling like he read the field well, but he was excellent with extending and creating plays which led him to be anointed as the next rising elite QB. It seems he lost some confidence and has been battling with being more conservative versus being true to himself. This is from a far out view, look forward to hearing from others more in the know and reading up on him. 

He played (early in Eagles career) a lot like we see Mahomes and Allen doing these days, but lost his way/confidence. I’m intrigued. 

How do some feel the fit in Turners scheme will compliment his skill-set?

• Thumb up 1