Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

If they were to bypass a top 5 pick QB in favor of Howell I will flip a gasket. 

Problem is that if we get a top 5 pick you know who's going to pick the QB !, in this particular case scenario we're hopeless.

Edited by FrFan

18 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

I remember efforts to end the RG3/Cousins debates after Cousins left. I don't recall discussion of Cousins being officially silenced while he was on the team.

Cousins himself wasn't a topic that was cracked down on while he was here, but continually hammering at the QB controversy between him and RG3 was. Even then, that was about a rookie of the year losing his job to a 4th round pick who had been up and down when the final benching happened. Heinicke is the QB that nobody on the team has ever suggested was in the running for the starter job after the preseason ended last year. It's never been a controversy for the team, which makes it all the more frustrating to see fans try to push it.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

At the risk of activating your twitchy ban finger, are you seriously contemplating banning discussions of the backup QB on a football team discussion forum? As other players are un-personed as well, will you be providing a pinned "players you can post about" list?

I'm not him ("Thank the effing lord" - Jumbo) but keep in mind he's "not just a mod; he's also a member."

• Thumb up 1

Really need to see something from Wentz this week.  After being sacked 9 times vs the Eagles he will be seeing pressure from Dallas. If we lose this week it's gonna be very ugly for the remainder of the season. Turner needs to figure out how to help Wentz with this issue fast.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, Jbird7 said:

It is so frustrating that you people think that Wentz is the issue on this team right now.

There are 99 issues on this roster, but Carson Wentz is not one of them.

Now the eagles game exposed what happens if you dont have the RB's running to the flats to counter the blitz. 

But that is poor game adjustments/planning. 

This wins the post of the week for me. No in game adjustments to help Wentz and the offense out. Our issues, up to this game, was/is/still our secondary. But it absolutely pissed me off that Turner made zero adjustments to the relentless blitizing.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

This wins the post of the week for me. No in game adjustments to help Wentz and the offense out. Our issues, up to this game, was/is/still our secondary. But it absolutely pissed me off that Turner made zero adjustments to the relentless blitizing.

Except Wentz was only blitzed twice on those 9 sacks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Are you seriously contemplating banning discussions of the backup QB on a football team discussion forum? As other players are un-personed as well, will you be providing a pinned "players you can post about" list?

No, Iggy, i'm not seriously considering it. 

58 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

I feel much the same way. There is the possibility your topics and mine might not completely overlap, however.

I remember efforts to end the RG3/Cousins debates after Cousins left. I don't recall discussion of Cousins being officially silenced while he was on the team.

You're violating a rule by discussing off topic  board management matters, whether actual or imagined, in a thread. Read the rules about where to make such comments .  

Also, your "itchy ban finger" comment def qualifies you for a ban now, yet you're not getting one. Iggy .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zCommander said:

Except Wentz was only blitzed twice on those 9 sacks. 

So, it was pointed out to me by @BatteredFanSyndrome - I guess you pay better attention then I do. Clearly, looked to me that they were bringing up an extra man on a number of those.  But I will tell you one thing I am not wrong about. Our O line could not handle the pass rush and it certainly is not 100% on Wentz. You see it with every QB in this league when they do not have time. I have no problems with Wentz. I think it is up to Scott Turner to come up with a plan that can help out with the deficiencies we have on the O line right now due to injury. 

15 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

How did the Eagles 1st round pick, the 400 pound rookie DT that runs a 4.4, do in the game?

Can't recall his name but he was someone that intrigued me in the draft.

Jordan Davis?

Played good I thought. Got injured at one point if I remember correctly. Didn’t seem to be a major injury though 

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, Dan T. said:

We were supposed to be all excited about getting Wentz because of his super duper strong arm.  But a strong arm is worse than useless when he's zinging short 7-yard swing passes 85 MPH and making the receivers jump or reach for them, which I saw over and over yesterday.  He's shown little touch on "conservative" passes.

I know I didn’t imagine that…

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Cousins himself wasn't a topic that was cracked down on while he was here, but continually hammering at the QB controversy between him and RG3 was. Even then, that was about a rookie of the year losing his job to a 4th round pick who had been up and down when the final benching happened. Heinicke is the QB that nobody on the team has ever suggested was in the running for the starter job after the preseason ended last year. It's never been a controversy for the team, which makes it all the more frustrating to see fans try to push it.

If wentz is bad next week - he needs to sit - TH or Howell need to start the following week. I dont care which one. I just dont want bad wentz playing and losing a higher pick next year for us.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

He’s not anywhere near the percentage of snaps he’d need over a full season to escalate the draft pick. You don’t bench the guy you traded for in the first month of the season, my god. 

What is your time frame game 8-9?

all i will say is if the team has determined that they cannot win with him there is no reason to get close to the 70

percent clause

8 hours ago, Conn said:

He’s not anywhere near the percentage of snaps he’d need over a full season to escalate the draft pick. You don’t bench the guy you traded for in the first month of the season, my god. 

If he plays like he did against the Eagles in the next two weeks you absolutely activate Sam Howell and consider it.  

• Like 1

I was listening to the Finlay/BMitch replay last night, they had Mitch Tischler on who said word was Schweitzer at center was a complete failure. Not just getting bulldozed, but his snaps screwed the timing of everything, they were low, etc.  Wentz had to resort to tapping him or something that keyed the Eagles to when the ball was being snapped.

They brought up a very valid point, as in why in the hell did we have nobody ready to go that can actually play backup center?  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I was listening to the Finlay/BMitch replay last night, they had Mitch Tischler on who said words was Schweitzer at center was a complete failure. Not just getting bulldozed, but his snaps screwed the timing of everything, they were low, etc.  Wentz had to resort to tapping him or something that keyed the Eagles to when the ball was being snapped.

They brought up a very valid point, as in why in the hell did we have nobody ready to go that can actually play backup center?  

Schweiter supposedly looked good in spot duty last season at center.  But I've heard he majors in run blocking not pass blocking.  I think they need to start Martin.  I am good with moving Cosmi to guard and Lucas at RT.  Masko in the past was considered a guru.  He needs to figure things out fast.

One scout once said you can survive team weaknesses with the exception of QB and O line -- he said teams with bad O lines are rarely good.  It's an obvious point but we are living through that now.  

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 7.59.02 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

On another note, I liked Justin Fields.  I didn't want to trade the moon for him but if they could have gotten him for a reasonable price I'd be on board.  We might have dodged a bullet on that one.  Granted though the season is early.  

I might have been right about Trubisky though.  Wasn't hard IMO to isolate that Trubisky wasn't good irrespective of Nagy.  And maybe even the mighty Steelers brand can't overcome Trubisky. 

Ryan off to a slow start but was clutch last week.  I did want Wilson who is off to a meh start.

But again season is young, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I was listening to the Finlay/BMitch replay last night, they had Mitch Tischler on who said word was Schweitzer at center was a complete failure. Not just getting bulldozed, but his snaps screwed the timing of everything, they were low, etc.  Wentz had to resort to tapping him or something that keyed the Eagles to when the ball was being snapped.

Why?  Because it's Rivera and crew.  By the time they figure it out it's too late.