Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Now even Donovan McNabb yeah that Donavan McNabb who stunk up the field when he was here is taking his shots at Wentz...

"...McNabb had something else to say, this time directly about Wentz when asked if he thought Hurts was a franchise quarterback.

“I’ve said it since he was drafted in the 2nd round,” McNabb answered. “He was the grown man in the room when Carson Wentz was there.

Ouch.

The question had nothing to do with Wentz. But it’s not surprising that McNabb took a cheap shot at Wentz.

Interestingly enough, both McNabb and Wentz were the No. 2 overall pick for the Eagles, 17 years apart, and both had some big moments in Philadelphia. Both ended up being shipped out of town, with Wentz leaving much sooner.

As for McNabb, most Washington fans would prefer never to remember his brief tenure with the team back in 2011."

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/24/donovan-mcnabb-takes-a-shot-at-carson-wentz/

Oh man I would really loooooove for Carson to get some well deserved poetic justice against all these self righteous, short memory, jump on the bandwagon, gutless, out of the woodwork haters today.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, zCommander said:

It is a home game today. And yes I hope he makes the iggles and their fans cry all day. 

Thats right, forgot about the 20 buses of Philly fans coming here.

It is a home game today. And yes I hope he makes the iggles and their fans cry all day. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I believed you the fist time you said it. But I will take into some more consideration for the other 3 times as well...lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Okay @Simmsy...give me the keys.  You've had enough.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 5

Just now, zCommander said:

I believed you the fist time you said it. But I will take into some more consideration for the other 3 times as well...lol

Just now, Jabbyrwock said:

Okay @Simmsy...give me the keys.  You've had enough.

Haha! The forum betrayed me and it won't let me fix it on my phone... I'm gonna allow it.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Well, Carson flops and they can Jimmy next year.

So, that report tells you they had Jimmy over Carson.

Wentz wasn't on the block until after the combine. Like the day it ended. We also had an offer in for Wentz right after the season ended and then we upped it after the comibine, so I don't think that's right.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Yes, I read that. I was replying to "they wanted Jimmy, then Wentz" and that's not necessarily true. Like I said, Wentz wasn't exactly on the block at that time.

There were reports in Feb that he would be traded or cut from the biggest beat guys. Weeks before the combine.

Wentz was available.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 4:37 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

If Wentz's poor showing during camp so far really is due to all the pressure of basically wanting to prove his detractors wrong, the Eagles are gonna feast on his mistakes.

😐...Said that back in August...

It's a lot more than just him, today, though.

But still...😐

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Jimmy G would have just been another Alex Smith style QB. Except our D isn't build to win like that. I much prefer the route we took, get Wentz and surround him with weapons and join actual modern day NFL football.

Yes, it makes perfect sense to spend all of your money on weapons and give them to a pacifist(Turner).  Nothing says modern day football like signing one QB and pretending one guy can fix your 53 man roster issues, even without an Oline, secondary, or coaching.

6 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

As for McNabb, most Washington fans would prefer never to remember his brief tenure with the team back in 2011."

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/24/donovan-mcnabb-takes-a-shot-at-carson-wentz/

I prefer not to remember his brief tenure in 2011 either, but that's very easy to do. He got traded to the Vikings that July.

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We need to back the brinks truck up for Lamar Jackson this off season. 

Lamar will play for the Ravens next year, even if he's franchised.  If he leaves, it will be in 24.  He won't accept a second franchise tag.

I think it's a lock Lamar gets franchised next year and he ends playing one more season for them.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Lamar will play for the Ravens next year, even if he's franchised.  If he leaves, it will be in 24.  He won't accept a second franchise tag.

I think it's a lock Lamar gets franchised next year and he ends playing one more season for them.

He already said he won't play if he's tagged. He'll hold out.