Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He's not gonna keep turning it over twice a game and eventually will have one of those red hot 4-6 game stretches where he plays at an elite level. He did that last year.

We haven't seen Wentz at his best yet.

Which considering the level he’s playing at right now is down right scary 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He's not gonna keep turning it over twice a game and eventually will have one of those red hot 4-6 game stretches where he plays at an elite level. He did that last year.

We haven't seen Wentz at his best yet.

If our offense stays healthy, and we get turner and Robinson back, this offense is going to gel, and at some point this season we're going to run into an unsuspecting team and rip them a new asshole. 

I'd bet almost anything it will happen at some point this year and it'll be a fun game to watch because it hasn't happened in so long.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, redskinss said:

If our offense stays healthy, and we get turner and Robinson back, this offense is going to gel, and at some point this season we're going to run into an unsuspecting team and rip them a new asshole. 

I'd bet almost anything it will happen at some point this year and it'll be a fun game to watch because it hasn't happened in so long.

I’m calling my shot TN might be brobs first game back bet that place loses its mind once he’s introduced 

1 minute ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I’m calling my shot TN might be brobs first game back bet that place loses its mind once he’s introduced 

Tennessee is struggling this year so it might be them if they don't turn it around. 

I'm going with the colts, they've done so much smearing karma is gonna bite them in the ass.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

49 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Remember in 2016 when Cousins had that red hot stretch and after an 0-2 start, we jumped out to I believe a 6-3-1 record, culminating with a big win on SNF against the Packers? I forsee our offense having a stretch like that at some point. It could be when we have that portion of the schedule when we play the Texans, Falcons, Vikings etc. 

• Like 2

All that really matters when it comes to Wentz at the moment is that he is better then what we've seen on this team at QB in a long time.  Whether he can be the anchor of a Super Bowl caliber offense (again) remains to be seen, but he definitely has the ability to take the team further then where they've been in a few decades.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Washington Commanders QB Carson Wentz reflects on time with Philadelphia Eagles: 'A wild ride'

SHBURN, Va. -- Quarterback Carson Wentz went from savior to benched to traded in just five seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles. On Sunday, when the Washington Commanders host the Eagles, Wentz will be something else: the enemy.

Wentz tried to downplay facing his former team Sunday, but he also admitted his time there was anything but steady. He became a controversial figure in Philadelphia.

"It was definitely a wild ride," Wentz said of his time with the Eagles.

Philadelphia drafted Wentz with the second pick in the 2016 draft, having traded up twice from 13th overall to land him. Wentz was touted as an MVP candidate until tearing his left ACL and LCL in Week 14 of 2017. Less than two months later the Eagles won a Super Bowl with him sidelined.

Two seasons later -- after signing a four-year contract extension -- Wentz threw for a club-record 4,039 yards with 27 touchdowns and only seven interceptions.

Then the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts in the second round of the 2020 draft. Wentz, though still considered a high-level quarterback, struggled that season. He was benched for Hurts after 12 games and traded in the offseason to Indianapolis.

"My career has been a whirlwind," said Wentz.

To say the least. That whirlwind landed him in Washington this past offseason in another trade. After two games Wentz has been what the Commanders (1-1) hoped, having thrown seven touchdown passes to two interceptions.

But until his last season in Philadelphia, it was hard to envision him playing anywhere else. He called it life's way of throwing him a curveball. Wentz said he relied on his faith to push forward.

"It does catch you off guard, things change and you have to learn to grow up and change and adapt," he said. "Your perspective on life changes, on your job, on everything. There are always things I look back on and say I could have been better here, as a person, as a teammate. But I thank God for the experience I had even though sometimes they were dark or not how I envisioned them to be, but it allowed me to grow and I'm thankful for that."

Wentz's new teammates say they haven't noticed anything different about him this week.

"He approaches each week with the same mindset," Washington receiver Terry McLaurin said. "But he's a competitor and you know he wants to win them all; it's going to mean something. That's where we come in as playmakers so he doesn't feel he has to win the game himself."

After Sunday's loss to Detroit, Wentz said facing the Eagles would be just "another game." And he said he's trying not to make the game "bigger than it needs to be." Perhaps the emotion will be different when the Commanders play at Philadelphia on Nov. 14.

Also, the Eagles changed coaches after he was traded as well. The front office remains largely the same, but on the field a lot of players are gone.

In 2017, Wentz threw for 33 touchdown passes, despite playing in just 13 games. Only Seattle's Russell Wilson threw more that season with 34. Wentz helped put the Eagles in position to earn home field advantage throughout those playoffs, which helped them reach the Super Bowl. That's why, Wentz said, despite the harsh ending his time wasn't bad.

"There are a lot of real good memories from my time there, not gonna lie," he said. "A lot of great friends, a lot of great relationships that I made so I'll definitely have mixed emotions ... It was a fun couple of years while I was up there. I definitely cherish my time."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34638020/washington-commanders-qb-carson-wentz-reflects-philadelphia-eagles-wild-ride

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 5:57 PM, Mrshadow008 said:

Which considering the level he’s playing at right now is down right scary 

I hope not Cooley gave him a best C- for his performance against the Lions. You know a guy that actually watches tape and knows what he looking at. He was a big part of the first half disaster. He isnt playing nearly as well as many of you believe.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, TChaler70 said:

I hope not Cooley gave him a best C- for his performance against the Lions. You know a guy that actually watches tape and knows what he looking at. He was a big part of the first half disaster. He isnt playing nearly as well as many of you believe.

Cooley must think he played really well in the 2nd half if his final grade was as high as a 'C-', as just about everyone would have earned an F from the first half. That would drag down everyone's overall grades.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34655816/jimmy-garoppolo-shoulder-surgery-disrupted-offseason-trade-washington-commanders-sources-say

The San Francisco 49ers had the parameters of a trade agreement in place that would have sent Jimmy Garoppolo to the Washington Commanders at this year's scouting combine, but the deal fell apart once the quarterback decided to have shoulder surgery, sources told ESPN.

The deal would have involved multiple draft picks, according to sources, but was disrupted by the surgery to Garoppolo's throwing shoulder, which prompted the Commanders to move on from their talks with the Niners and trade two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick to the Indianapolis Colts for Carson Wentz.

Edited by actorguy1

Schefter story about us wanting Jimmy G, but it fell apart when he said he was going to have shoulder surgery:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34655816/jimmy-garoppolo-shoulder-surgery-disrupted-offseason-trade-washington-commanders-sources-say

This conjures memories of 2010. I think we lost to the Lions, there was some stories involving McNabb and wristbands, I think he got some sort of extension......and then we got smoked by the Eagles on MNF.  I don't think we lose this game though......Wentz gonna pull it out.

3 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

The San Francisco 49ers had the parameters of a trade agreement in place that would have sent Jimmy Garoppolo to the Washington Commanders at this year's scouting combine, but the deal fell apart once the quarterback decided to have shoulder surgery, sources told ESPN.

The deal would have involved multiple draft picks, according to sources, but was disrupted by the surgery to Garoppolo's throwing shoulder, which prompted the Commanders to move on from their talks with the Niners and trade two third-round picks and a fourth-round pick to the Indianapolis Colts for Carson Wentz.

We made the right move. When the news broke that we got Wentz, I was one of the first to respond on the board, it was not a good response. Never been happier to say that I was wrong...and I'm not wrong very often. I hope he goes off in Philly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

Makes you really have to question the Niners judgement.  They moved heaven and earth to get Lance, who so far doesn't really look that great.  That's issue #1.  But I can let that slide, it happens.  But it's the doubling down and throwing all your eggs in that basket.  They were about to have no safety net on a team with a player who, at best, has been dubious in limited action.

Because I enjoy chaos and mayhem, I'm REALLY hoping the Jimmy G kills it this year.  Because I want them to get to the end of the year and have to decide between Lance and Jimmy G again.