Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

On 10/18/2021 at 2:01 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Posting on the team’s message  board that you are done means you are not done. You might want to be done but aren’t. 

I am never leaving. I have way too many good memories as a kid. I got engaged on a trip to one of the games and have made my son a die hard fan. So I will continue to watch go to road games and make the best of it. I will absolutely call out the bs here to vent but I can never see myself not being a fan.

The sporadic playoff runs have actually been fun as hell in the moment. Maybe we won’t see sustained success again for a long time but those brief runs are so much fun at the time. That’s probably as good as it’s going to get and it’s not horrible in my opinion. Just being realistic about it.

That’s simply not true.  I didn’t not watch a second of the Chiefs game and knew they’d lose.  I had a great time watching the Ravens dominate the Chargers.  Such a tremendous organization with a great owner.  I had great memories as a kid rooting for the Redskins.  That means nothing in 2021.  That’s the past.  It is time for me to move on & in no way will give anybody **** for wanting to stick around.  It doesn’t make you any more of a “real fan.”  It just means you’re stuck in the past.  The lease on Fed Ex Field isn’t even up until 2027 so that means a good number of years left in that hell hole.  Terribly run franchise with the worst owner in sports that plays in the NFL’s worst stadium.  What’s not to love?  I’m sure they won’t screw up the new team name or stadium lolol

• Like 2

On 10/18/2021 at 12:08 AM, Renegade7 said:

All I know is if certain posters make a goodbye thread, ill know we've finally hit event horizon...

On 10/18/2021 at 12:36 AM, NickyJ said:

If TK makes a goodbye thread, I'm going to be scared.

The L.A. McVays sure are fun to watch....

:kickcan: 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, TK said:

The L.A. McVays sure are fun to watch....

:kickcan: 

I like watching the Packers as well. Wife is a huge Packer fan. May go dark side this Sunday. Our team, owner, and basically everything involved with this team is as low as it gets. Frankly, if I were a good player (not many) coming up for FA I would absolutely not sign any deal & look elsewhere, anywhere. It is truly that bad now, which I never understood until this year. The Sean Taylor fiasco was the final nail it seems for me. He was a top 3 favorite Redskins payer for me and that was simply grotesque. A deflection and intended distraction by a terribly, the worst in sports, perhaps ever, franchise. We are a laughing stock & joke, and have been so for nearly 20 years. Sorry for the rant all. Take care. 

• Like 2

I just started lurking on these forums last year. And I haven’t seen how this forum has been in years past when people realize our season is likely ****ed and that  hopes are dashed. Do people always get this melodramatic and whiny? Or is the fatigue finally catching up with people? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

I just started lurking on these forums last year. And I haven’t seen how this forum has been in years past when people realize our season is likely ****ed and that  hopes are dashed. Do people always get this melodramatic and whiny? Or is the fatigue finally catching up with people? 

Found Jason Wright's burner account...😒

• Haha 10
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Bloodytusk said:

It’s been like that since as long as I can remember. Maybe it’s more focused on the off-field stuff now versus just how crappy the on-field product has been, but the “sky is falling” hyperbole has been as much a part of this board as falling in love with any QB that puts on the uniform.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Found Jason Wright's burner account...😒

In a way that’s a compliment. I wish I could be a high paid henchmen.

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s been like that since as long as I can remember. Maybe it’s more focused on the off-field stuff now versus just how crappy the on-field product has been, but the “sky is falling” hyperbole has been as much a part of this board as falling in love with any QB that puts on the uniform.

Basically the same as I’ve seen from fans in person lol.

I don’t look at it like “the sky is falling,” but more like “the sky has fallen” and no one in the WFT organization knows how to perform the miracle required to raise it back up.  But we all know the miracle required is the complete removal of DS from all things WFT.  And that gives us no hope. 

Edited by Catatonic
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

Could be that.

Or maybe that our D is dead LAST in PPG allowed and second-to-last in YPG allowed.

13 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

This is nothing. If you think these stupid whiner threads are bad, you should have seen the fan card debacle. That was extremely pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

On 10/19/2021 at 2:24 PM, -JB- said:

That’s simply not true.  I didn’t not watch a second of the Chiefs game and knew they’d lose.  I had a great time watching the Ravens dominate the Chargers.  Such a tremendous organization with a great owner.  I had great memories as a kid rooting for the Redskins.  That means nothing in 2021.  That’s the past.  It is time for me to move on & in no way will give anybody **** for wanting to stick around.  It doesn’t make you any more of a “real fan.”  It just means you’re stuck in the past.  The lease on Fed Ex Field isn’t even up until 2027 so that means a good number of years left in that hell hole.  Terribly run franchise with the worst owner in sports that plays in the NFL’s worst stadium.  What’s not to love?  I’m sure they won’t screw up the new team name or stadium lolol

Then why are you here posting if you are "done"? You sound like a bitter ex stalking their jilted lover. You are literally the one "stuck in the past" if you no longer watch games, now like another team but bad mouth your former team every chance you get. That's way too much emotion and effort if you are really "done".

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Then why are you here posting if you are "done"? You sound like a bitter ex stalking their jilted lover. You are literally the one "stuck in the past" if you no longer watch games, now like another team but bad mouth your former team every chance you get. That's way too much emotion and effort if you are really "done".

Lmao @ emotion and effort.  You’re trying too hard.  I was a fan for many years.  I deserve to be able to voice my displeasure just as you deserve the right to continue to be abused by this wretched franchise.  I’m chill.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Lmao @ emotion and effort.  You’re trying too hard.  I was a fan for many years.  I deserve to be able to voice my displeasure just as you deserve the right to continue to be abused by this wretched franchise.  I’m chill.

Not really. Once you are no longer a fan I don’t think you get to voice anything at least not anything anyone wants to hear. You move from the one of us column to something like an opposing team fan. You don’t get to tell WFT fans they are being abused by the franchise. Only other WFT get to do that. 

If you are not watching the games and cheering for the Ravens, who wants to hear your opinions on Washington on the team’s official message board? If you want to be done be done. No one cares to hear about it in my opinion. Just let it go and be done. This whole bitter whiner thing is annoying as hell, at least it is to me. I don’t just mean you, I am generally saying it about former fans posting here. Maybe others feel differently.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 3

50 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not really. Once you are no longer a fan I don’t think you get to voice anything at least not anything anyone wants to hear. You move from the one of us column to something like an opposing team fan. You don’t get to tell WFT fans they are being abused by the franchise. Only other WFT get to do that. 

If you are not watching the games and cheering for the Ravens, who wants to hear your opinions on Washington on the team’s official message board? If you want to be done be done. No one cares to hear about it in my opinion. Just let it go and be done. This whole bitter whiner thing is annoying as hell, at least it is to me. I don’t just mean you, I am generally saying it about former fans posting here. Maybe others feel 

Edited by mh86
Nevermind

I will openly admit that our franchise has not been successful for many years to the greater level that many of us have expected during his tenure. Some of it was bad decision making, some of it was just injuries, some of it was bad luck. What really happens at that point is that you pick yourself up by the bootstraps and keep moving, because if you stop chasing what your goal is you always lose. Dan wants that ring, he wants that trophy, he wants that prestige. He also wants that respect that all of us expect from each other as Redskins fans ... winners.    If you want to leave or something so trivial is that please leave, I have no issue with it at all and you're welcome to jump back on whenever you want but I was taught loyalty is sacred and maybe you don't think that but I do.  I will always be a fan of this team, I don't care if they move to another state, This is the team that I will stand with always. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

Some of it was bad decision making, some of it was just injuries, some of it was bad luck. What really happens at that point is that you pick yourself up by the bootstraps and keep moving, because if you stop chasing what your goal is you always lose. Dan wants that ring, he wants that trophy, he wants that prestige. He also wants that respect that all of us expect from each other as Redskins fans ... winners.   

This might be the most cliche and tonedeaf pile of word dung I've read in relation to the team in quite a while.

Every team has injuries, every team has bad luck, every team makes some bad decisions.  But not for a second will I just let these comments pass as if bad luck and injuries are even 1% of the story for Dan's failures with this franchise.

It's not 2010 anymore, when folks could still buy into Dan sparing no expense to win.  It's 2021, he's owned the team for over 2 decades.  He is what he is.  Of course he wants all the glory and prestige, who doesn't?  But what does that have to do with anything?  

Personally, I'm not going anywhere because I can't just create emotion and fandom for another team out of thin air.  But I can totally understand why folks only stick around here to pile on, because Dan makes it so easy to do, and folks are pissed off that he's ruined what they once cherished.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

If you are not watching the games and cheering for the Ravens, who wants to hear your opinions on Washington on the team’s official message board? If you want to be done be done. No one cares to hear about it in my opinion. Just let it go and be done. This whole bitter whiner thing is annoying as hell, at least it is to me. I don’t just mean you, I am generally saying it about former fans posting here. Maybe others feel differently.

Everyone can have an opinion. And usually those less emotionally invested have more objective opinions. Even for fans who have backed away or are "done" with this organization, they sometimes have 30-40 years of history with the Redskins. Therefore, they are allowed to discuss them because it's still a part of their history and lives, even if they aren't currently supporting them. 

You really are trying too hard to turn fandom into some badge of honor. This isn't some fraternity...this is a place to discuss a NFL franchise. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Everyone can have an opinion. And usually those less emotionally invested have more objective opinions. Even for fans who have backed away or are "done" with this organization, they sometimes have 30-40 years of history with the Redskins. Therefore, they are allowed to discuss them because it's still a part of their history and lives, even if they aren't currently supporting them. 

You really are trying too hard to turn fandom into some badge of honor. This isn't some fraternity...this is a place to discuss a NFL franchise. 

I am not trying anything. Seems like some of you gave up on the team permanently and are even rooting for new teams and think your opinion of Washington matters to the remaining fans. In my opinion, it doesn’t. If you are done be done. Don’t ruin the experience for the remaining fans.

Most don’t care why you left after you give your reason and leave. To continue to come here to whine when you are not even watching the games makes zero sense to me. It’s like a Dallas fan constantly posting about the Cowboys in this forum. Gets old fast. If you want to watch the games and complain and give your opinion on how wretched the team is, great. But if someone is not even watching the games anymore why bother to post about the team? You guys aren’t that important. No one cares. 

9 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I will always be a fan of this team, I don't care if they move to another state, This is the team that I will stand with always. 

This begs Two questions. 

One, if Dan moved the team west and they became the north Dakota Buffaloes you'd still root for them?

And two.

Why?????????

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I am not trying anything. Seems like some of you gave up on the team permanently and are even rooting for new teams and think your opinion of Washington matters to the remaining fans. In my opinion, it doesn’t. If you are done be done. Don’t ruin the experience for the remaining fans.

Most don’t care why you left after you give your reason and leave. To continue to come here to whine when you are not even watching the games makes zero sense to me. It’s like a Dallas fan constantly posting about the Cowboys in this forum. Gets old fast. If you want to watch the games and complain and give your opinion on how wretched the team is, great. But if someone is not even watching the games anymore why bother to post about the team? You guys aren’t that important. No one cares. 

It's no less relevant or important than your opinions. It's a different perspective, sure, but just as valid and just as likely to be accurate. I'd agree with you that someone with no concept of what happened last Sunday isn't very credible talking about a 4th down decision, but look at some of the threads in here...talking about the front office, the culture, the owner, the rebrand. These topics don't exactly require watching every second of the game.