Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That sucks...I just got done planting 6 rose bushes. Maybe we are more alike than we thought 

Very nice. I was planning on planting a tree today, but needed to clear the area out. I did make chili and started out my chronometer tracker so I can lose some weight lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

These descriptors imply that there isn’t a good reason for people to say what they’re saying. Do you think that? 

I should of said Do “some” people always get this whiny and melodramatic. I understand the anger, sadness, rage, Dan hate, and frustration, there is good reason for that. People acting like they are losing the family farm because Danny boy makes another scummy move and our season looks done surprise me because this is hardly the first time either of those things have happened.  I wanted to know if others thought the fatigue has finally broken people or if this is just how some people on the forums act every bad year.  It’s almost as big a buzzkill to me as the play on the field or behavior of team management.

19 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not really. Once you are no longer a fan I don’t think you get to voice anything at least not anything anyone wants to hear. You move from the one of us column to something like an opposing team fan. You don’t get to tell WFT fans they are being abused by the franchise. Only other WFT get to do that. 

If you are not watching the games and cheering for the Ravens, who wants to hear your opinions on Washington on the team’s official message board? If you want to be done be done. No one cares to hear about it in my opinion. Just let it go and be done. This whole bitter whiner thing is annoying as hell, at least it is to me. I don’t just mean you, I am generally saying it about former fans posting here. Maybe others feel differently.

Lol@bitter whining.  I literally made a statement as why I left as a fan & even so I will continue to frequent this site because of my ties to the Washington Nationals thread in the Tailgate.  I’m not whining.  I’m done.  You can beat your chest that you’re standing strong and I should do this or do that but the reality is that I’m good never making another statement about not supporting this wack ass franchise anymore.

• Like 3

If the team was 6 - 0 this post would not exist, regardless of whats happened.

My point is, you support a team through thick and thin. Dont kick a dog while its down, instead continue to support them through the tough times because when the good times come again youll be right back ontop of that bandwagon.

Have fun rooting for dem boyz 

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Bloodytusk said:

I should of said Do “some” people always get this whiny and melodramatic. I understand the anger, sadness, rage, Dan hate, and frustration, there is good reason for that. People acting like they are losing the family farm because Danny boy makes another scummy move and our season looks done surprise me because this is hardly the first time either of those things have happened.  I wanted to know if others thought the fatigue has finally broken people or if this is just how some people on the forums act every bad year.  It’s almost as big a buzzkill to me as the play on the field or behavior of team management.

Ahh gotcha. There’s always an element of this, but this is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen it here. People are truly giving up and moving on in droves in a way that we weren’t seeing before. 

• Like 1

This is bigger then losing, this is like deleting your Facebook because of its negative impact on society, thats what OP tried to emphasize in his decision.  I dont know what my line is yet, but I do have one (deleted my Facebook a minute ago).  What they did concerning Sean was the final straw for some folks, completely understandable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bazz said:

If the team was 6 - 0 this post would not exist, regardless of whats happened.

My point is, you support a team through thick and thin. Dont kick a dog while its down, instead continue to support them through the tough times because when the good times come again youll be right back ontop of that bandwagon.

Have fun rooting for dem boyz 

I disagree. For a lot of us it's not about the on the field. It's the circus that goes with it. Having an all pro. QB could solve the on the field stuff but the circus would just let him escape or get him hurt or fire the coaches that are developing him or empower him more than necessary or have a horrible defense, etc. But a 6-0 start wouldn't stop the cheerleaders or the Taylor catastrophe or the stadium stuff or the naming stuff. Heck we'd probably be debating how real this team was because we've seen it before (2018, 2016, 2008, etc) and teams have collapsed because they weren't that good. 

I get so disgusted by the things Dan is involved in that I can't even get involved in that stuff. I'm a fan of the team and the players and the history, not that man. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

My apathy isn't specific to the WFT/Redskins. I watch the team out of a 50-year habit, but in general I don't find the sport itself to be all that enjoyable to watch anymore. Once I devote my three hours to the Skins, I'm pretty much done watching for the week. The only time I'll watch more than one game per week is during the playoffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Let's just hope that while Iron Man and Captain America fight seemingly forever that there's somebody like Black Panther to see what's really going on and help us out. 

Arent you the optimist...thinking I was talking about a comic book...we don't need s fan revolt, we need a fan truce, nothing organized will ever occur without it.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Arent you the optimist...thinking I was talking about a comic book...we don't need s fan revolt, we need a fan truce, nothing organized will ever occur without it.

I think it's beyond that. It's nice seeing the fans talk about their power but I think the day somebody with power comes in and says Dan you're done, that's when we see change. Until then it's the same ol. Right now this Congressional probe is perking my interests because it could be argued that (for good or bad) somebody's interest there is what caused the name change. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Ahh gotcha. There’s always an element of this, but this is the absolute worst I’ve ever seen it here. People are truly giving up and moving on in droves in a way that we weren’t seeing before. 

To be fair to people that are freaking out, the Sean Taylor jersey retirement hit me differently than the bad play and Danny boys usual scummyness.  Exploiting  the memory of someone that is nearly deified by this fanbase for whatever his motives were seems to indicate that, not only is he is a slimeball, he is also a soulless slimeball. If that was the last straw then I don't really blame people for their reactions. Some reactions are just more annoying then others. 

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

When someone makes one of these threads

Its always a fun adventure figuring out which one of you is running the account on any given day.  I see on this particular Thursday its the one who either didn't actually read the OP, or didn't latch on to the main point.

It's not about me, it's the blatant disrespect they directed at Sean and the fanbase in general.  But of course....whoosh.  Whoosh whoosh whoosh.

Anyway, I live in the market and love the NFL, so there is no truly escaping this hellhole.  

Perhaps Congress getting involved will lead to Dan ultimately taking down Dan, and then maybe I can semi-enjoy this team again and get my hopes dashed like a normal fan.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What effect would organizing have that isen't already in motion because of the team sucking.  It seems that even the people that aren't up in arms admit that they are going to games less and our attendance is terrible. 

Just now, Bloodytusk said:

What effect would organizing have that isen't already in motion because of the team sucking.  It seems that even the people that aren't up in arms admit that they are going to games less and our attendance is terrible. 

Organize to come after sponsors of the football team and keeping these scandals in the national headlines.  They were talking about the email situation in msnbc the other day, for example, full court press is what changed the name.

It really shocked me the fact that Dan only thought of Sean as nothing more than a prop. Like others have said before me, this day should have been planned with the release of the schedule, give fans time to plan and your organization time to plan a proper celebration. For me you might as well hire some creative director from China or Japan who did an opening ceremony for an Olympics. They don't have to know who he is, just show em some clips and they'll respond with " Gotcha" in their language and watch them do their magic.

Redefine the traditional retirement ceremony and set a new standard for teams to follow because he set a new standard at the Safety postion and brought an attitude to their franchise it had never seen before. But instead it might as well have been a ceremony for some player from the '60s few fans ever got to see play. It was basic, half assed and didn't do the Taylor family and the fans any justice..

Snyder cemented his legacy as an owner with this botch job. When Jack Kent Cooke past away it was definitely one of the harder times in franchise history. When Snyder is gone it will be remembered for the exact opposite.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Organize to come after sponsors of the football team and keeping these scandals in the national headlines.  They were talking about the email situation in msnbc the other day, for example, full court press is what changed the name.

Thats prob one of our best shots.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2021 at 10:55 PM, SoCalSkins said:

Not really. Once you are no longer a fan I don’t think you get to voice anything at least not anything anyone wants to hear. You move from the one of us column to something like an opposing team fan. You don’t get to tell WFT fans they are being abused by the franchise. Only other WFT get to do that. 

If you are not watching the games and cheering for the Ravens, who wants to hear your opinions on Washington on the team’s official message board? If you want to be done be done. No one cares to hear about it in my opinion. Just let it go and be done. This whole bitter whiner thing is annoying as hell, at least it is to me. I don’t just mean you, I am generally saying it about former fans posting here. Maybe others feel differently.

That is LITERALLY how cults work.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

Its always a fun adventure figuring out which one of you is running the account on any given day.  I see on this particular Thursday its the one who either didn't actually read the OP, or didn't latch on to the main point.

It's not about me, it's the blatant disrespect they directed at Sean and the fanbase in general.  But of course....whoosh.  Whoosh whoosh whoosh.

Anyway, I live in the market and love the NFL, so there is no truly escaping this hellhole.  

Perhaps Congress getting involved will lead to Dan ultimately taking down Dan, and then maybe I can semi-enjoy this team again and get my hopes dashed like a normal fan.

I read the OP. I read it and expressed my anger in the thread dedicated to it. I assume you missed it. 

But I guess your opinion is just too special to be contained in a mere thread, so you needed your own. 

You announced that you're leaving. People do it every year. Someone else will probably make the same thread next week.

Just leave. Itll change nothing around here. It's a sports team, not an airport. Just depart. People do it all the time. Some because they weaponized STs death. Some left when we rented our cheerleaders out to be sexually assaulted and kinda kidnapped them. Some left because we suck at football. 

Whatever. Just go. Or don't. Nobody cares. But if you're going to make one of these stupid whiner threads about it and not leave, I'm going to make fun of it.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I read the OP. I read it and expressed my anger in the thread dedicated to it. I assume you missed it. 

But I guess your opinion is just too special to be contained in a mere thread, so you needed your own. 

You announced that you're leaving. People do it every year. Someone else will probably make the same thread next week.

Just leave. Itll change nothing around here. It's a sports team, not an airport. Just depart. People do it all the time. Some because they weaponized STs death. Some left when we rented our cheerleaders out to be sexually assaulted and kinda kidnapped them. Some left because we suck at football. 

Whatever. Just go. Or don't. Nobody cares. But if you're going to make one of these stupid whiner threads about it and not leave, I'm going to make fun of it.

Again, thesis of the thread was calling out disrespect to Sean Taylor, with the backdrop of they crossed the line in a war against us. And below the fold that yes, its personal for me and a bridge too far.  But I guess the proper way to start a thread is closer to "errr guyz we need to talk quarterbacks for the thousandth time durrrrrr I'm all in on ****ing Mitch Trubisky".  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Again, thesis of the thread was calling out disrespect to Sean Taylor, with the backdrop of they crossed the line in a war against us. And below the fold that yes, its personal for me and a bridge too far.  But I guess the proper way to start a thread is closer to "errr guyz we need to talk quarterbacks for the thousandth time durrrrrr I'm all in on ****ing Mitch Trubisky".  

I thought you were out?