Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

I've had a bend-but-don't-break point for years, numbed a bit by the virus of apathy. The name change was a real crack. Seeing Snyder remain and his wife (who's just as bad as he is) started a leak. Seeing zero change in the organization (Jason Wright is merely a propagandist) while letting a few actual good people go is the full break.

I don't blame anyone for wanting to quit.  

I think I'm going to take a step back, maybe.  I think next weekend I'm not going to watch the Packers game.  Go find something else to do, see how it feels.  I'll probably DVR it and for sure I'll be on here later Sunday night/Monday morning to mix it up with you guys but...yeah.  I didn't like that I sat around and watched yesterday when I could have been doing other things.  I won't make that mistake next Sunday. 

• Like 1

I’m going to stick around. Not because I’m more of a fan like some are suggesting, but because I’m a glutton for punishment and this is what I know.

Having said that, I am completely indifferent. I have been teetering on indifference for years. The ST21 thing sent me so far into it. I watched the game and felt nothing. 

See you guys next week for more indifference.

• Like 10
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

The trick is to realize that football and WASHINGTON football are really 2 seperate, completely different forms of entertainment.

I watch redzone every Sunday to see the game played well and awesome highlight plays

Then I turn on the Washington game to see the latest soap opera installment.

Edited by Reaper Skins
  • Like 1

I don't even know what "out" means. Like my Sundays, heck my entire week from August to January is built around this team. And even in the offseason, its built around analytics and scouting reports and conversations about how to make the team better. What I've noticed is that I'm less inclined to do those things now. Its not that I hate the team but its more that the days of the 80s are not the expected thing any more. Its more that I expect us to play like we did Sunday. I actually enjoyed that first half yesterday and it was fun. Then they went up what like 4 or 11 points and I started wondering if I could watch the next movie in my MCU rewatch, and sure enough Ant Man was available so I turned it on and noticed somethings that I had missed in the original watch that seemed so important for later movies. 

I've never met Dan Snyder and probably never will. Heck, I've never met most of the people on this site, even the people I talk to the most. But this site and the community in general has helped me through my entire life. Its kinda like Peter Quill and his walkman. Doesn't matter what the record was at the end of the year. Doesn't matter what went into making the team good or bad. I really don't care that Dan owned the team during the Monday night miracle or during RG3's year. Heck I wasn't a Cousins fan but I don't care that Dan owned the team during 2015 when Kirk had the you like that game and the entire season. My memories about all of this, honestly including seasons like 2013 and 2014 and 2019 (and second half od 2018) is that I belong to this community of shared experiences. So I can listen to 980 or 106.7 or come on here and share in the frustration without even needing to post. I may not always post my negative thoughts and try to be more on the positive side of things but it does help reading or listening to some frustration from fans that sums up what I'm feeling. That will allow me to take a breath and focus on more of my positive thoughts. 

If I were to go to a new team, what would I do, just hop into a SBNation board for that team and act like I've been there for 25 years? Forget the people and posters who I regularly stay updated on here? Hope to engage in some of the same discussions I've had on here about things like the need for a front office (real GM) that was one of my first real stances I had on here. I can't see myself going to a Ravens board and joining a Jackson vs Allen vs Mahomes discussion. I had more fun with Campbell vs Eli. 

I get it these are tough times and we're going to do what we have to. If these games are adding to your stress then do what you must. I'd hate for somebody to be mad at their wife and kids because of how frustrating this team is. But at the same time, I just keep telling myself that this stuff is all entertainment. So by definition its purpose is to enteratin me. So if its not entertaining, I won't tune in. It doesn't lessen me as a fan but it does mean that they're not holding up their end of the bargain. And MCU has done a good job in creating entertaining products. So right now I'm giving the team chances to win me as a viewer but when they start looking uninspired and I'm getting frustrated I ask if there's anything else that I can watch to stay calm and productive for the rest of the day/week. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, zskins said:

So who are you going to be rooting for now? Cowboys?

Nationals and the Capitals. I root for NFL Red Zone and 7 hours of commercial free football. That is entertainment and no need to root for any single team any longer. Still root against the pukeboys and others. But, I just like watching many plays from all the teams on a single channel.  

Edited by Butchie_T
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m going to stick around. Not because I’m more of a fan like some are suggesting, but because I’m a glutton for punishment and this is what I know.

Having said that, I am completely indifferent. I have been teetering on indifference for years. The ST21 thing sent me so far into it. I watched the game and felt nothing. 

See you guys next week for more indifference.

That's me, too.  I'm annoyed because I was excited for the Saints game,  pissed off when we lost.  Mostly because we won the week before. I enjoyed the first half of this game, and then just so mad the second half.  Not because we got the **** kicked out of us, but because I got fooled by the first half.

Now we're 2-4 and I'm just desperate to get my now 6-year-old to love this team instead of the Cowboys and it's SO hard.  I mean his favorite color is blue.  I've had to give him the Colts as an AFC team.

The only passion I feel is towards Mahomes's brother for dancing on the 21.  But it was so representative of what's happened to us under Dan.

When failure becomes the expectation, it's so effing hard to just care at all.  The only feeling is hurt because the feeling just isn't there.

I'll always be a fan. Now my level of passion has plummeted. In years past if we lost a game like yesterday I'd be pissed still today. Now I'm basically over it after like 30 seconds. I'll still occasionally rage out at someone who screws up something simple but that's just me not liking bad football.

• Like 7

I enjoy the debacle right now for what it is. I don’t get mad anymore. It’s like watching a Naked Gun movie. It’s a comedy of errors and the best way to endure it is to treat it as such. I understand why people would want to bail and if I could I would. My father and I bond over the hilarity of how things just continue getting worse.

1 hour ago, Butchie_T said:

Nationals and the Capitals. I root for NFL Red Zone and 7 hours of commercial free football. That is entertainment and no need to root for any single team any longer. Still root against the pukeboys and others. But, I just like watching many plays from all the teams on a single channel.  

NFL Red Zone is the greatest innovation in the history of sports entertainment.

• Thanks 2

The sad thing is that even if every single WFT fan has an epiphany and refused to go to the games or buy Danny's overpriced shirts, watery beer, and stale pretzels...he would STILL be raking in the $$$ because of the NFL's TV contracts. They don't even need fans to come to the stadium to make a healthy profit.

And we wonder why the Snyders don't care about what any of us say or do. The only solution to this kind of problem were if NFL teams were owned by the public like the Packers are.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 2

I honestly thought I had seen the last straw for the season.... then I heard about the painted numeral on the ground (grass that can be ripped up and replaced in an instance.)  How about  putting it on the wall of FedEx somewhere instead?  No that wasn't the straw for me.  It was this morning when i heard players said 'enough with the smoke!'  Yes we are so inept, not only can we mess up what should have been a long planned life remembrance of a player who impacted us so greatly., no in something as routine as the entrance to the field, we can't even make sure that is safe so that our players don't trip, or harm any one else around while running onto the field.

I never thought I'd say this, I'm thinking seriously of tearing up my fan card.   I was there for the doug and Rypien days too.   I remember how crazy things were at times even then, but today, it felt like a hole in my heart was gone, a hole I can only compare to the loss of my beloved wife last february in a sudden tragic event.   

I don't recognize Washington Football anymore.    I want to hide any time Hopkins is on the field.  If the ball is thrown toward Landon collins I wince as if in pain.    And every time we see a QB roll out I know, he's getting the first, or a tight end will be open right in the middle of the field.  Why even have this defensive line if the back 7 can't hold coverage for long.

Yeah I feel pretty bad about this weekend, and for once it isn't even about the score anymore.  It felt like we lost this game before kickoff even occurred.  

I will die a fan but as each season goes by, the Team will be less central to me. If I have something better do, will do that instead. I saw the new Bond movie , instead of watching the Team on the 10th. I suspect I will find other things to do, as the season progresses. I firmly believe that Dan will never win a Superbowl and I firmly believe Dan will never win a playoff game again. Every 3-5 years, Dan will change coaches. At best his coaches will have one playoff berth in their tenure. A quick exit, whether as a wild card or division winner.

Dan's playoff legacy:

99- Year 1, 1st trip

05- 6 Years later, 2nd trip

07- 2 years later, 3rd trip

12- 5 years later, 4th trip

15- 3 years later, 5th trip

20- 5 years later, 6th trip

So, our next berth will be in 4-5 years: 24-25; under Rivera’s successor. It also wouldn't shock me too see an nfc east foe, win a Superbowl by then. Dallas seems the most likely team.

1 hour ago, Mr_ Skinshead said:

Please elaborate. Is the current really better than the former?

(mod edit political comment) If you want to discuss politics,  head over to the tailgate. (<<<<---mod support of good advice) I only mentioned(mod edit of political comment)

Given recent events, it's obvious that Snyder isn't getting any further away from day to day team operations.  This also demonstrates he isn't capable of the type of owner that is committed to winning and more the type of person who wants to control what's going on.  Even if it's Ron Rivera who's coaching or Jason Wright who's the team President, everyone knows who's really in charge.

Edited by SAli457180

Oh, but Dan is learning. He just recently learned, more than two decades into his tenure, that you shouldn’t overrule all your scouts and coaches to use a first round pick on a QB who can’t play just because he went to high school with your son. Also, you shouldn’t pimp out your cheerleaders. I can’t wait to see all the things he learns over the next twenty years.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Jumbo locked this topic

ok, open again---but due to the self-indulgent failures of a few to either heed or learn, i'm giving fair warning that from now on the bans i give for politics in the stadium will be for a minimum of one week for the first offense and may be longer, depending on level of transgression :) 

• Thanks 1

• Jumbo unlocked this topic