Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And for *that* reason, I'm out.

86 Snyder

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I thought you were out?

Out of what?  I didnt say I'm out of here

Out of gas?  Out of support?  Absolutely.  100%.  1000%.

I live in the DC area and I've been an NFL junkie for 35 years.  Having a take on this ****hole team is inescapable.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Thats unfortunate. The stadium is for talking WFT football though. So you're in and out I guess. Which makes sense, since this teams generally ****ed.

Whatever guy.  You're not making a lot of sense.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I disagree. For a lot of us it's not about the on the field. It's the circus that goes with it. Having an all pro. QB could solve the on the field stuff but the circus would just let him escape or get him hurt or fire the coaches that are developing him or empower him more than necessary or have a horrible defense, etc. But a 6-0 start wouldn't stop the cheerleaders or the Taylor catastrophe or the stadium stuff or the naming stuff. Heck we'd probably be debating how real this team was because we've seen it before (2018, 2016, 2008, etc) and teams have collapsed because they weren't that good. 

I get so disgusted by the things Dan is involved in that I can't even get involved in that stuff. I'm a fan of the team and the players and the history, not that man. 

Yep, with all the news that came out in the summer of 2020 (some of which hit very close to home), I went into that season angry and not able to support the team. That's despite the opening day comeback win that have the town buzzing, the win over the Steelers, and the late-season push to the division title. So, no, this isn't a boycott of bad football. If that was the reason I wouldn't have stuck around for the previous 26-27 years. 

• Like 1

As a WFT and Boston Celtics fan, two of the darker days of my life of 60 years have been the tragic and soul-crushing deaths of Len Bias (who died on my birthday) and Sean Taylor.  The holes they left in my heart will be there until the day I die.  I am haunted by what could have been as a family man and as a fan.  The mere mentioning of their names brings me pain.  And Dan Snyder using Sean's name and memory in this way was borderline inhuman.

Regarding the topic of this thread, the WFT is in my DNA.  I will always love this team with an unconditional love.  The team transcends Dan Snyder.  OTOH, he has brought nothing but shame, disgrace, and buffoonery on a once proud franchise and its fan base since he became the owner in 1999.  He should have lost his ownership years ago.  

I so feel your pain, because it is absolutely my own.  In the end, we all will do what we must concerning this team.  As for me, I can't sever ties at this time (if ever).

• Like 4

On 10/19/2021 at 9:21 PM, Bloodytusk said:

Do people always get this melodramatic and whiny? 

Your question implies a fanbase that is spoiled by so much success over the years that it can't handle a little adversity.  It's as if you have no idea what the last 30 years has been like (especially the last 21 under Dan Snyder) for this fanbase on and off the field.  

Bottom line:  Whether you intended to do it or not, your question gives off a disingenuous troll vibe.

• Like 1

If the team were just losing constantly it would be easier to tell others they aren't "real fans", but that's not what we have here, is it? We have constant disasters and embarrassments the likes of which no other team has consistently had in the last 20 years. I find it laughable that anyone would try and pull a fan card at this point. I'll watch the games on TV until I turn it off in frustration like always, but this is literally one of the most pathetic organizations off the field in all of sports in the last 20 years, and it's because there's way too many things to point at besides losing. There was no reason to retire Sean's number this season in the midst of all of this controversy, none. I don't care if it was done with every good intention, you have to be dumb as a rock to not think many people were going to see it as a way to change the narrative through him and the tragedy. That's the problem, they just aren't capable, even with the best intentions (which I don't believe is what was going on here anyway).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cakmoney61 said:

Your question implies a fanbase that is spoiled by so much success over the years that it can't handle a little adversity.  

Bottom line:  Whether you intended to do it or not, your question gives off a disingenuous troll vibe.

First part: hard no on that straw man friend. I Clarified later on what I meant. I’m used to fan breakdowns, I am not, however, used to fan breakdowns of the level of some people on here and wondered if the breaking of fan morale is worse this year. Maybe it’s just that people don’t get as bad in person as online. Or the Sean thing ****ed with people on a different level.

Second part: I don’t think you have the faintest clue what trolling is. There are plenty of other posts in this thread are actually pretty trollish. The way you use troll is more similar to the way people use it when they simply don’t like what the other person said.

2 hours ago, Bloodytusk said:

First part: hard no on that straw man friend. I Clarified later on what I meant. I’m used to fan breakdowns, I am not, however, used to fan breakdowns of the level of some people on here and wondered if the breaking of fan morale is worse this year. Maybe it’s just that people don’t get as bad in person as online. Or the Sean thing ****ed with people on a different level.

Second part: I don’t think you have the faintest clue what trolling is. There are plenty of other posts in this thread are actually pretty trollish. The way you use troll is more similar to the way people use it when they simply don’t like what the other person said.

If you re-read my post, I didn't directly accuse you of anything.  I apologize for offending you.

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Someone put Jason Wright on a milk carton.  All the dude has done on Twitter is RT an op-ed about Colin Powell and then a message from the WFT wishing the USA Rugby team luck today.

He should start small, show some love for the local teams like local teams show for each other.  Perfect time for an olive branch to the Wizards, why Rugby, bro???

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

He should start small, show some love for the local teams like local teams show for each other.  Perfect time for an olive branch to the Wizards, why Rugby, bro???

Because that would be the obvious thing to do and he's not good at his job.

I'm not here to dump on rugby, it's a cool sport but...yeah, seriously.  Show the Wiz or the Caps some love.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Because that would be the obvious thing to do and he's not good at his job.

I'm not here to dump on rugby, it's a cool sport but...yeah, seriously.  Show the Wiz or the Caps some love.  

I mean, FedExField WAS hosting a rugby game today.....and the teams twitter page (as most sports teams twitter accounts) do wish fellow area teams good luck. 

do any other sports team presidents have that role (wishing another team good luck)? 

You all are depressing me.  We are actively building for winning the off season again and all you do is complain.  With the money we save by cutting Collins we can sign a great QB like Jeff George or John Beck.   You all need to see the big picture.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Remember the fish stinks from the head down.  Famous one-liner from Ken Beatrice on WMAL radio years ago.  I would like to know what he would have said about Snyder and his ownership of the Redskins.  Also what would Ken have said about changing the name to WFT?

one, that phrase predates ken by a couple thousand years :mellow:

two,  who should care that much about what 'ken' would say today given the number of current relevant respected media folks, as well as the vast majority of current fan, are saying :blink:

three, a minor note but it's usually lame to make the same post in different threads ;)

:D

church lady.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

After yesterday's excruciating loss, I may be about ready to take a vacation from this miserable franchise for a while.

I'm not going to go become a Ravens fan or whatever, but it's just getting harder to put myself through the on-field and off-field sadness surrounding this organization. Probably better to spend my Sundays a different way and see what happens.

I'll probably pop in here for a few laughs periodically even if I get away from the games.

I mentally checked out after they messed up w/  Cousins. The inability to either get draft picks for him or just pay him showed me that Dan is too stupid to run/own a team. It was the last straw. I assumed after he fired Bruce  and brought in Ron things would maybe  get better. We have a guy in Ron who is a high character coach but he is in over his head. He can't figure out the QB position at all. He thinks building a team first and then getting the QB later is the way to go and that tells me he isn't the guy. He is too old school and stubborn. It isn't a defense league,  it is a QB league/ offense league and we don't have one. We have a 38 year old journeymen and two more journeymen w/ weak arms. It is ridiculous. There should be a QB in the wings waiting to play. I feel you draft a QB almost  every year no matter what cause it is the most important position. There are capable starters drafted outside the 1st round. We had one and let him get away cause of egos and stupidity. 

Something that was so important to all of us is now gone. I went to my first game at RFK in 1978. It reminds me of being in a long relationship that was great for a long time and then you just slowly grow apart. That's what this feels like. I never wear my Redskins gear anymore and will NEVER put on the new stuff once we get a name. I just can't and won't do it.  My home office is filled with old memories. It's really sad.

• Like 1