Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Draft Order/Tracker: Now Picking #11

zCommander

2 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

We played a tougher strength of schedule so we are after them?  That seems backwards to me.

yes. The draft is meant to help the worst teams the most. The team playing the easier record is supposedly worse off. 

• Thanks 2

I think the win today was more important. If they lost, the pick would have been 8th and riding a five game losing streak to finish the season while losing to a "clown show" team. With the win they dropped two places and showed some fight. A good trade off in my eyes.

Edited by actorguy1
  • Like 8

11 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I think the win today was more important. If they lost, the pick would have been 8th and riding a five game losing streak to finish the season while losing to a "clown show" team. With the win they dropped two places and showed some fight. A good trade off in my eyes.

None of that matters in 2 years if they get a QB. Picking 8th is better than picking 11th. 

10 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I suppose I can understand in theory. But in practice, what exactly do you think beating a Giants team that was trash to begin with and even worse with Fromm at QB did for us? I doubt it's some sort of huge morale booster that the team was somehow lacking until today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I suppose I can understand in theory. But in practice, what exactly do you think beating a Giants team that was trash to begin with and even worse with Fromm at QB did for us? I doubt it's some sort of huge morale booster that the team was somehow lacking until today. 

But if they lost, how do you defend this coaching staff and say this team didn't just give up on them?

• Like 4

Just now, actorguy1 said:

But if they lost, how do you defend this coaching staff and say this team didn't just give up on them?

Nobody would have cared if they lost, really. I think you're giving a bit too much weight to this game. It was a meaningless game between two poor and hobbled teams. The Giants just happened to be worse and more hobbled than us. Nobody would have suddenly turned on the coaching staff or players due to this game. It was closer to a preseason game than anything else. Only there were draft implications here.

5 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

None of that matters in 2 years if they get a QB. Picking 8th is better than picking 11th. 

I mean, we've picked #2 overall like 2x, and #3 or 4 at least once in the last decade. Hasn't gotten us much.

Skilled talent eval staffs find success no matter where they draft.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I mean, we've picked #2 overall like 2x, and #3 or 4 at least once in the last decade. Hasn't gotten us much.

Skilled talent eval staffs find success no matter where they draft.

How many QBs have we taken in the top 10 in the last decade?

36 minutes ago, -JB- said:

& with the 11th pick in the 2022 draft the Washington Commanders select *IT DOESNT MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!*

Yes, because it has to have some sort of wordplay possibility with the QB in question. Duh!

The Washington Commanders select...Commander Corral!

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

One. What are you getting at? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Our mediocre or less results do not in any way include the effort of a quarterback.

Griffin actually helped this franchise but he and the circumstances around him failed us. But it was our greatest chance at finding success in a very, very small window. The issue with Griffin was the cost to move up and what happened around him. But the move COULD have actually worked. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Yes, because it has to have some sort of wordplay possibility with the QB in question. Duh!

The Washington Commanders select...Commander Corral!

With the 11th pick, the Washington Commanders select Commander Cody.

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

Yeah, all those kinds of wins the last couple decades have really paid off. Without them, I shudder to think how much success we would have missed out on without the winning culture those games brought. 

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

I feel we needed to prove that we are competitive enough to beat a bad team in a dominant fashion.

This win builds on the psyche of a team reeling from a four game losing skid. It reminds the players that we're not just going to lie down (especially to a REALLY bad division rival) even if a higher draft pick is on the line.

I'm proud of Washington. I'm proud of how the defense came out and dominated the Giants. They needed this and it gives us positive momentum going into the draft.

HTTC! 🤪

8 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

I feel we needed to prove that we are competitive enough to beat a bad team in a dominant fashion.

This win builds on the psyche of a team reeling from a four game losing skid. It reminds the players that we're not just going to lie down (especially to a REALLY bad division rival) even if a higher draft pick is on the line.

I'm proud of Washington. I'm proud of how the defense came out and dominated the Giants. They needed this and it gives us positive momentum going into the draft.

HTTC! 🤪

Isn't this what we did last year, along with winning the division?

How did that carry over?

I don't pretend to say we should have thrown the game. I don't believe in actively not trying to win a game. As a coach, if I were in that situation I'd be trying to win as well. That doesn't mean that winning was the best possible outcome, however. It's just my hatred of losing that drives me in that situation.

As a fan, the win stinks. If this was a good Giants team that we denied a playoff spot I'd feel better about it. For sure.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2