Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is it blasphemy to root for a thriving cowboys team thats fun to watch, we are Redskins anymore so

os there even a rivalry anymore?

I don’t care what our name is, how terrible we are…why on earth would we root for the Cowboys?

There are plenty of other good teams in the league to “root” for should you feel inclined.  Cheering for the Cowboys is very, very beta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ExoDus84 said:

I like TH, but this is some real loser speak if I've ever seen it. He thought he had a good day, with all those missed throws and 2 awful INTs? Really?

Talk about a low ass bar.

Yeah I've been a fan of how he conducted himself in interviews thus far but I hate those comments today.  His issue wasn't just those two picks.   I'd rather him say it wasn't his best day but he will learn from it and come back stronger next week or something like that. 

• Like 1

Defense minus one starter.  Really a half in Bostic who shouldn't have been on the field anyway.  Offense was minus four starters in the 2nd half (Sherff, Cosmi, Logan Thomas, and Samuel).  Then, minus some depth in Dyami Brown and Cam Sims.  This loss was 100% on the defense.  You can't keep giving up long TDs on the same plays over and over and over.  Couldn't get stops when needed.  STILL GETTING BEAT ON RUB ROUTES ON THE GOAL LINE!!! It's been over 20 years now!  You basically let one of the best RB's in Kamara go to see what the other guy in the backfield is doing?  Really?  WJIII gets turned around way too often for a guy of his experience.  

Heinicke had a bad pick; shoulda scrambled on the one that cost points.  The other one shoulda been a back shoulder throw to Samuel but it was basically a punt. That was the play that Samuel came out afterwards.  Sucks when you think of how much of the salary cap has been wasted on bad investments.  

Lattimore is special.  Lattimore single handedly outplayed the contracts for WJ III and Collins combined.  I didn't think anyone could limit McLaurin but he did.  Yeah, a couple of balls could have been a little closer if put a little more in front but you never saw more than a body length between Lattimore and #17.  

Heinicke is resilient.  He doesn't have the weapons he wants and needs.  Looked shaky for a little while.  But he never got down on himself.  That's part of his super power. 

Without more weapons on offense it's going to be tough to manufacture TD's in the red zone.  RSJ is ok but he's not Logan Thomas.  Humphrey and Milne are gutsy but you have to use scheme to get open.  It really sucks that we rarely ever have receivers running wide open down the field.  Seems to be routine against our defense.  

At least Hopkins got his groove back.  Now we know how teams feel when going up against Tres Way.  Man the Saints punter was on fire!  Carter should have just fielded the ball.  Really cost us.  Not really down on him.  I have the benefit of hindsight.  

Bottom line, if you're putting this loss on Heinicke then you're just a hater.  You have no ability to be objective whatsoever.  He contributed.  But by no means was he the biggest problem.  I'm going to the game next week.  I shudder to think how many points KC will light up this defense with.  I find myself begging for a return of Greg Blache.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I actually disagree. For me there are three. 

Corral, Willis, Howell.

Howell is showing he struggles in big situations this year. 

Corral and Willis will need development.

I like Strong, Morgan, Nix, Purdy and Clifford as possible first rounders as well. But there is a ton of college football left. And that will all sort itself out. There is definitely no Manning in this upcoming draft. But their might be 5 or 6 Staffords. 

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Is it blasphemy to root for a thriving cowboys team thats fun to watch, we arent Redskins anymore so

os there even a rivalry anymore?

We need the giants to win cause we already have the advantage over them in the division. So yes. You should be rooting for the tie if anything. 

1 minute ago, ThomasRoane said:

Defense minus one starter.  Really a half in Bostic who shouldn't have been on the field anyway.  Offense was minus four starters in the 2nd half (Sherff, Cosmi, Logan Thomas, and Samuel).  Then, minus some depth in Dyami Brown and Cam Sims.  This loss was 100% on the defense.  You can't keep giving up long TDs on the same plays over and over and over.  Couldn't get stops when needed.  STILL GETTING BEAT ON RUB ROUTES ON THE GOAL LINE!!! It's been over 20 years now!  You basically let one of the best RB's in Kamara go to see what the other guy in the backfield is doing?  Really?  WJIII gets turned around way too often for a guy of his experience.  

Heinicke had a bad pick; shoulda scrambled on the one that cost points.  The other one shoulda been a back shoulder throw to Samuel but it was basically a punt. That was the play that Samuel came out afterwards.  Sucks when you think of how much of the salary cap has been wasted on bad investments.  

Lattimore is special.  Lattimore single handedly outplayed the contracts for WJ III and Collins combined.  I didn't think anyone could limit McLaurin but he did.  Yeah, a couple of balls could have been a little closer if put a little more in front but you never saw more than a body length between Lattimore and #17.  

Heinicke is resilient.  He doesn't have the weapons he wants and needs.  Looked shaky for a little while.  But he never got down on himself.  That's part of his super power. 

Without more weapons on offense it's going to be tough to manufacture TD's in the red zone.  RSJ is ok but he's not Logan Thomas.  Humphrey and Milne are gutsy but you have to use scheme to get open.  It really sucks that we rarely ever have receivers running wide open down the field.  Seems to be routine against our defense.  

At least Hopkins got his groove back.  Now we know how teams feel when going up against Tres Way.  Man the Saints punter was on fire!  Carter should have just fielded the ball.  Really cost us.  Not really down on him.  I have the benefit of hindsight.  

Bottom line, if you're putting this loss on Heinicke then you're just a hater.  You have no ability to be objective whatsoever.  He contributed.  But by no means was he the biggest problem.  I'm going to the game next week.  I shudder to think how many points KC will light up this defense with.  I find myself begging for a return of Greg Blache.  

great post. I never thought I’d see worse coaches than Blache or LeCharles McDaniel or Jim Zorn, but it appears we’ve found them…

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Rivera said in the presser that they expected a dump off hook and ladder or a quick out....

That's certainly a relief. I assumed they were expecting a Hail Mary with, you know, 8 seconds left in the half.

But if not, then I guess everything's okay. Thanks, Ron!

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are feeling good, do they realize the Saints passing offense was struggiling headed to today's game.  They weren't up against Mahomes, that's next week.  Good luck if they have some "communication issues" next Sunday.  

Seriously, Winston throw 4TD on them and they thought they played good football?

yeah-okay.jpg

22 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And the QB depth is going to be pretty incredible in this upcoming draft. We will have a chance to find a real starting QB. 

I'm so confused... Some people are saying things like this and others are saying it's a trash QB class.

I don't know what to believe!

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

They are feeling good, do they realize the Saints passing offense was struggiling headed to today's game.  They weren't up against Mahomes, that's next week.  Good luck if they have some "communication issues" next Sunday.  

At this point i want to see KC hang 60 on them.

3 minutes ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

That's certainly a relief. I assumed they were expecting a Hail Mary with, you know, 8 seconds left in the half.

But if not, then I guess everything's okay. Thanks, Ron!

Between that and the players expecting a FG, it seems no one on the defense entertained the notion that a Hail Mary was even possible.

1 minute ago, Captain James said:

I'm so confused... Some people are saying things like this and others are saying it's a trash QB class.

I don't know what to believe!

It’s a class filled with Josh Rosens. Lots of alleged potential but never the numbers or success to back it up.

• Like 1