Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington vs Ain’ts Drew Brees

TK
Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-10-10 at 4.17.58 PM.png

3 minutes ago, Capsman said:

So why again did we draft him #2?  Aren’t guys who have a lot to work on drafted lower?  Was this not seen on college tape?  Our last 2 draft picks have not been worthy of their positions, period.  Jerry Jones’ gang may not be able to out a complete team together but their talent evaluation is far superior to ours.  Year after year.  

Because you can’t teach talent.

also, do you really want to go through Dallas’ drafting history? It’s not as rosy as you think.

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Once again. Not one person has said that. 

See above post for more clarification. I'm not significantly blaming the offense for this loss. If others are, that's where I disagree. TH is just the face of that disagreement.

3 hours ago, skins4eva said:

Well, that tells you all you need to know about this staff. Let them run a hook and ladder. Who cares?  But not having guys deep and ready foe the Hail Mary is coaching malpractice. You know Winston can sling it to the endzone from there. Nothing about that defensive play call made any sense. It’ll illustrated how awful these guys are. 

They were running so hard to get to the end zone, they couldn't stop and turn around in time.  It looked like they didn't have one person in the end zone waiting.  I 100% agree that it was coaching malpractice.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Because you can’t teach talent.

also, do you really want to go through Dallas’ drafting history? It’s not as rosy as you think.

Not disagreeing with you, but they will win the division and compete in the playoffs this year  They suddenly didn't get great coaches.

Heinicke has some major flaws that make him a below average, maybe a well below average, QB.

- He can be extremely inaccurate.  He misses wide open receivers too much.

- Too often, he doesn't see open receivers.

- He stares down receivers.

- He has a weak arm.

- Too often, he throws the ball to receivers who are well covered.

He cannot be the starting QB next year if Washington wants to start winning on a consistent basis.

KC marching down the field right now against the Bills defense.  Sunday could be a massacre.  We can cue up right now the it's coming together just be patient it's just that we had some miscommunication breakdowns after the Chiefs put up 50 points against the defense.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Capsman said:

So why again did we draft him #2?  Aren’t guys who have a lot to work on drafted lower?  Was this not seen on college tape?  Our last 2 draft picks have not been worthy of their positions, period.  Jerry Jones’ gang may not be able to out a complete team together but their talent evaluation is far superior to ours.  Year after year.  

I'll be honest. I loved the Young pick. Saw nothing on his college tape that concerned me except taking a few plays off. And all players do that to catch their wind. Thing is as I see him at the pro level he is not taking to coaching so far. He is surviving on natural ability. Bosa is better so far because he is incredibly coachable. I am hoping Chase gets humbled a little bit this season and goes all in next offseason with learning how to be a pro. My jabs earlier about Herbert were more based on the value of the QB position than anything else. We really need to stop looking at the flashy DL prospect in the top ten and draft a QB. Any QB until we hit on one. 

• Like 1

Just now, cakmoney61 said:

Heinicke has some major flaws that make him a below average, maybe a well below average, QB.

- He has a weak arm.

He cannot be the starting QB next year if Washington wants to start winning on a consistent basis.

He's already not going to be starting next year, he wasn't supposed to be starting this year. He punched above his weight and now everybody is treating him like a high draft pick that's flailing. Dude's a backup giving it his best shot on a busted up offense that has questionable calls. There will be a rookie in here next year that will make similar mistakes though, and if we want Washington to start winning on a consistent basis next year, it's the defense being hot garbage that is the glaring issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Not disagreeing with you, but they will win the division and compete in the playoffs this year  They suddenly didn't get great coaches.

Dallas is legit right now....well coached in all phases of the game. They turned around their defense with good picks and by choosing the right DC. 

Good thing we won the division last year cause it'll break up a years long drought before we do it again the way we look right now. 

25 minutes ago, cakmoney61 said:

- He has a weak arm.

1 he has completed almost 70

percent of his passes. Every qb misses passes 

2 he is very much aware of the field it’s one of his strengths 

3 I don’t see him doing that no one evaluating him says he does this 

4 you are correct here 

5 you are correct here 

10 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

And Josh Allen has become incredibly special as well. It is time to find a big, strong, cannon of an arm QB. 

Our qb we drafted a few years ago had a cannon of an arm..

we need to find someone with an arm and the ability to come to practice on time , be a leader and read the field. They are hard to find.

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Dallas is legit right now....well coached in all phases of the game. They turned around their defense with good picks and by choosing the right DC. 

Good thing we won the division last year cause it'll break up a years long drought before we do it again the way we look right now. 

Dallas is not well coached , they have a very very good qb and those make coaches look good.

24 minutes ago, DCF said:

He's already not going to be starting next year, he wasn't supposed to be starting this year. He punched above his weight and now everybody is treating him like a high draft pick that's flailing. Dude's a backup giving it his best shot on a busted up offense that has questionable calls. There will be a rookie in here next year that will make similar mistakes though, and if we want Washington to start winning on a consistent basis next year, it's the defense being hot garbage that is the glaring issue.

You are 100 percent correct here. TH can play much better then he did today but his arm strength doesn’t match his gambler shots and his calculator of a brain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Did you not see where TH turned the ball over? Once in the red zone, no points.  Once on the other end of the field giving the Saints the ball near the red zone.  Those are just the turnovers, not even getting into the failed drives where TH was just flat out inaccurate.  He had a bad game, it happens.  Not admitting that, and saying things like “he did enough to to win if the defense…” anything after that performance is outrageous.

Right now our D is the one that is outrageous. IF our D holds the opponent to 20 or less we win. Last year when they did that we won those games, except for 2. If we had just a tad bit of last year D then today was a win. Did TH make mistakes? Hell yeah. Did the D help in trying to keep the game close or even give a chance for the O. Not as much I was hoping for. The O still played better than the D overall I think. 

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

No. They got lucky and found a gem of a QB in the 4th.

Dallas runs the ball well, throws the ball well, gets pressure on the QB and has a defense that does more than keep them in the game. They had TB beat on opening night. They are legit and they are light years ahead of where we are. Dak is a big part of it but he has a lot of talent around him.

And I will get laughed at. But KC is a beatable team. Buffalo is working on pummeling them like they did to us. KC is coming into next week with the same record as us. Laughable but true. 

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

You're out of your mind. Dak is a stud.

He's a good QB. Especially for a 4th rounder. 

5 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rivera doesn’t seem like he has it anymore....

You are reaching he is the same coach he always was.  We just got wrecked with injuries including his QB in week 1.

JDR is the one that doesn't have it anymore.

I challenge anyone to find a hail mary when every defensive player is chasing offensive players down the field. Its up there with Swinging Gate I assume he is trying to get fired to get the hell away from Mrs Snyder and friends.

Edited by RandyHolt