Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 Positivity Thread

Malapropismic Depository

30 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think it takes time to transform even when you get that QB because he really can't do it on his own.  It has to happen concurrently with the other sections of your roster.  I like to look at Denver getting Peyton Manning or TB getting Brady as the ideals that we'd be shooting for.  In both cases, the players that were the backbone of their defenses and the weapons they had on offense were well-seasoned vets.  On our team, Scherff is really our only fully seasoned vet of high quality.  Most of our best players are still very young or are inexperienced. 

I think we have the makings of a good O line, judging by PFF, coaches feedback, etc.  I recall from other posts I am a bit higher than you are on Logan Thomas and Terry.   I recall we are both equally high on Samuel.  Hopefully he's back soon.  And we are both big Scherff guys.    Overall, I believe that we are closer on offense than I think you believe we are.  So yeah I do think if you insert a stud QB, this offense would be humming.    I think the main thing missing is that second receiver who could burn a defense, hopefully that's Curtis Samuel when he comes back.  I think O line could be special if they keep Scherff and add a big time LT.  

I am not down on Heinicke.  I agree he's fun to watch.  My gut though is we will be shopping for QBs next off season. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Oline looks to be taking a similar track to last year.

Week one in both seasons was abhorrent (I still see wacky-wavy-inflatable-tube-man block in my nightmares) but saw constant and sustained growth throughout to the point where the unit was moreso a strength.

We are seeing that development occur even quicker this year with the addition of new talent.

I like our recent run of O-line coaches. They have all been good.

Edited by FootballZombie

On 9/30/2021 at 2:47 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I think we have the makings of a good O line, judging by PFF, coaches feedback, etc.  I recall from other posts I am a bit higher than you are on Logan Thomas and Terry.   I recall we are both equally high on Samuel.  Hopefully he's back soon.  And we are both big Scherff guys.    Overall, I believe that we are closer on offense than I think you believe we are.  So yeah I do think if you insert a stud QB, this offense would be humming.    I think the main thing missing is that second receiver who could burn a defense, hopefully that's Curtis Samuel when he comes back.  I think O line could be special if they keep Scherff and add a big time LT.  

I am not down on Heinicke.  I agree he's fun to watch.  My gut though is we will be shopping for QBs next off season. 

I think Flowers is seeing how he plays in DC and outside DC. Hopefully, he gives the team a hometeam discount when they inevitably have to restructure his contract

I believe we will start crushing teams soon.  Too much talent to not figure it out soon.  Our D especially is kind of overrated but I think with the right scheme and players doing their part, we can be good!  Hopefully Taylor lights it up also and having Samuels back will help (although I fear it is too soon).

• Like 1

Good morning fellow WFT faithful.  It’s that special time of day.   Those few hours once a week on Sunday morning before the game starts when we are full, well partially full of hope about what the day and game will bring.  Good mood, coffee, normal blood pressure.   Yes, soak it in while you can.  

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 10:55 AM, Califan007 said:

What I find interesting in this picture is that it is the Buffalo fan in the No. 11 jersey that is signaling touchdown. Go figure! EDIT: OK, so I see I am not the first to comment on this. Oh well. Cheers, all.

Edited by ODU AGGIE
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Good morning fellow WFT faithful.  It’s that special time of day.   Those few hours once a week on Sunday morning before the game starts when we are full, well partially full of hope about what the day and game will bring.  Good mood, coffee, normal blood pressure.   Yes, soak it in while you can.  

I should have ordered one of those mushroom bars…

• Haha 1