Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

I said it in the draft thread at the time so it ain’t hindsight… and I’m not paying attention to other games right now at all… But we could have traded up for Fields. But we rolled with awful linebackers in FA and signed Fitz to a 10M deal (which… fine… we needed a guy). But we really made some big mistakes.

• Like 1

Its far too easy to game plan for our JDR D. Exactly like it was with Lynn Blache and even Lewis.

Same vanilla bend dont break approach every week and it never led to playoff games, sacks nor turnovers. Yet sticking to the failed plan was the plan and it was hard to watch. Is hard to watch.

Remember how rookie QBs had no trouble beating us?  Vanilla no pressure D = failure.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Just now, cougs said:

I understand this is the NFL but at some point when you know you are beating a team, have some class and just run the ball. It’s my opinion but this makes me lose respect for a team that I wish would win a SB. 

If I were in the stands for the first time in two years, I'd LOVE to see us run it up.

I just hope they pull him now so he doesn't get hurt.  We're not even in conference.

1 minute ago, Fred Jones said:

So, River Boat doesn't want to give up any capital for a QB.  I don't have a problem with that.

So, loose out to get a high draft pick and select a QB instead of some can't miss, but fails, other player.

Well, he was willing to give up capital.  They tried for Stafford, and tried to get up to 9 (presumably for Fields) but the Rams traded 3 #1’s for Stafford snd getting to 9 was too expensive.

But that’s not really the problem today.

The problem is the 4 #1 picks and defense did squat.  They probably wouldn’t have even let Drew Brees win today. 

Everyone is blaming Chase Young because he isn't putting up all world stats but watch the actual film.  He is penetrating the pocket on a ton of plays, but there is no other defender around to compliment his efforts so all Allen has to do is run in opposite direction of Young and it is easy wide open field to work with.  I am not saying Young doesn't have things to work on, he does, but he is beating his blockers routinely.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, tomwvr said:

Sweat didn’t show up either 

Yup.  No one showed up.   

This is called deductive reasoning folks. If no one showed up then everyone didn't show up.  When the entire defense doesn't show up, you look to coaches.  

To me, since the POS bought the team, it has always been about talent acquisition.   We have had some weak to bad coaches over that time, but not since the POS bought the team we have never acquired enough talent to win.  We still have obtained a franchise QB.

I will say it again, the same words I have used for years now. Nothing has shown me this team will win with our current owner.

• Like 1