Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Blue (not green) NY Football Team at Washington Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

6 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

I've been trying to tell you all.

Truthfully, I was feelin' the Heinie (as my wife likes to call him) since the Tampa Game. It's a small sample size though. We'll have to see how he does the next few weeks. for a couple quarters he was not real sharp. Passes were completed, but not right on the mark, and quite a few were high. That's playing with fire. But, when the chips were down, he's been lights out. How he came back after the INT was fantastic. And the drive before that was lights out.

He brings a moxie to the QB position we haven't had in ages.

Guy is a real underdog, and everyone loves a underdog. Especially when they play like he does.

However, the D has GOT to get much better. They were horrific tonight.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Heinicke can take us as far as the defense does....it's that simple. JDR better figure it out because the past two games have been horrible. In fact, I don't know if we can play any softer than we have to start this season. Just model what the Steelers do and sit back and watch. Attack , attack, attack!!!!!

I love Heinicke, he is our QB for the foreseeable future.  I was really surprised that Washington wasted all that money on Fitzpatrick during the offseason.  It was obvious to me after the Tampa Bay game that Heinicke is much better than a 38 year old Fitzpatrick.

However, Washington ain't going anywhere if their defense keeps playing like this.  The D line has been horrible most of the time and the secondary has been horrible ALL of the time!

11 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Truthfully, I was feelin' the Heinie (as my wife likes to call him) since the Tampa Game. It's a small sample size though. We'll have to see how he does the next few weeks. for a couple quarters he was not real sharp. Passes were completed, but not right on the mark, and quite a few were high. That's playing with fire. But, when the chips were down, he's been lights out. How he came back after the INT was fantastic. And the drive before that was lights out.

He brings a moxie to the QB position we haven't had in ages.

Guy is a real underdog, and everyone loves a underdog. Especially when they play like he does.

However, the D has GOT to get much better. They were horrific tonight.

Every QB has a few bad throws.  Even the great ones.  It's the mental toughness and poise that makes Heinicke special.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

I love Heinicke, he is our QB for the foreseeable future.  I was really surprised that Washington wasted all that money on Fitzpatrick during the offseason.  It was obvious to me after the Tampa Bay game that Heinicke is much better than a 38 year old Fitzpatrick.

However, Washington ain't going anywhere if their defense keeps playing like this.  The D line has been horrible most of the time and the secondary has been horrible ALL of the time!

Every QB has a few bad throws.  Even the great ones.  It's the mental toughness and poise that makes Heinicke special.  

Scott never shouldve called a pass there...  stop the clock or worse!  why not just run?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

Scott never shouldve called a pass there...  stop the clock or worse!  why not just run?

I don't think it was a terrible call.  The Giants still had plenty of time to score if Washington was stopped on 3rd down.  Washington went for the win and it backfired with the interception.

I don't think Heinicke's throw was terrible, either.  It was great anticipation by the defensive back.  He made an All-Pro defensive play.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jnhutchi3 said:

I don't think it was a terrible call.  The Giants still had plenty of time to score if Washington was stopped on 3rd down.  Washington went for the win and it backfired with the interception.

I don't think Heinicke's throw was terrible, either.  It was great anticipation by the defensive back.  He made an All-Pro defensive play.

In the presser, Ron said that the play was supposed to dump off to the running back... but Taylor looked up instead.  Ron put the blame on TH for looking up field and taking a bigger risk.  No worries, though.. He quickly got out of Ron's doghouse

• Like 1

Heinicke was everything we could have hoped and asked for but NOW will they please FINALLY cut Hopkins??

Sure, he kicked the game WINNING FG but that was only after a Giant penalty gave him a second chance and shorter distance after he had kicked what was otherwise the game LOSING FG! They've got a good looking kicker on the PS. Time to bring him on and see what he can do.