Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Blue (not green) NY Football Team at Washington Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

If you still don't get my point after all of this you are never going to get it.

Next.  

I am Well aware of your point, that he didn’t deserve a 2nd chance. I understand completely what your point is. I’m saying its silly. Your point is silly. It’s ridiculous. It’s laughable. It’s 100% illogical. 

Rules are rules are rules are (what?) rules. Say it with me. Rules. Are. Rules. 

By your silly logic, every kicker who misses a game winning field goal shouldn’t get another try even if there’s a defensive penalty. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I am Well aware of your point, that he didn’t deserve a 2nd chance. I understand completely what your point is. I’m saying its silly. Your point is silly. It’s ridiculous. It’s laughable. It’s 100% illogical. 

Rules are rules are rules are (what?) rules. Say it with me. Rules. Are. Rules. 

By your silly logic, every kicker who misses a game winning field goal shouldn’t get another try even if there’s a defensive penalty. 

Every kicker who misses a game winning kick, then got bailed out by a penalty is described easily:  Lucky.  

Just go away. Please.  

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

Every kicker who misses a game winning kick, then got bailed out by a penalty is described easily:  Lucky.  

Just go away. Please.  

LMAOOOO so because they get lucky due to a penalty, 2nd chances should just be thrown away. 

yeah, like i said, ridiculous logic. 100% ridiculous. Completely silly and makes zero sense at all. Rules are rules. Don’t like it, don’t watch the NFL. Simple as that. 

50 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

For me, the pessimism is that we can think, hope, pray for whatever we want, but if the team plays like this the rest of the season this may be our only win. 

Now do I really think they are that bad? No. Way too much talent. However, until they show me something different I really do not have anything else to go on and thus have to remain pessimistic. 

My hope is they have 10 days to look at film and see what they are doing wrong and for each person to commit to fix their issues. And then come out against Buf and put it on the field. I don't expect us to win that game, even if the D palys lights out. And even if Taylor plays his heart out again, which there is no reason to think he will not. But let's face it, that Buf team is seriously talented and they have a very good QB. Don't get me wrong, I will be rooting hard for us to win. In fact I will state here a win, in any kind of fashion could mean the turning point in our season when that FG went through the goal post. 

It's just so frustrating to watch such a good D - at least on paper - made to look like they could not beat a college team. If there is one small positive on D - it's that when they had to after that pick, they held them a FG and got the ball right back. Now NYs play calling was more than suspect but that's not our problem. 

Been burned too many times by this team to not be a bit pessimistic. But I am ever hopeful they will figure it out and play better. They almost have to. But until they do I will remain concerned. 

Saw this on twitter, really don't feel like checking to see how valid this perception is lol...but it's something, anway.

• Like 1

Well that win certainly does not feel like a win against a divisional opponent. So much to be concerned about.  But there were positives.  I don't see how we could have asked more out of Heinke, super happy he had "It" to get them in field goal range with no timeouts. Gibson is showing he can be a prime back, something I was not so sure about.  But like most here I was screaming for him to get more carries.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Saw this on twitter, really don't feel like checking to see how valid this perception is lol...but it's something, anway.

There is a point to be made there. Not saying this is the problem but there really could be a simple fix like one person out of position or out of place that changes everything. 

When my son was younger I did a lot of coaching - Basketball and soccer not football. One season for bball I set my lineups and we played our first game and got beat, badly. When I want back over the game (in my head, c'mon it was YMCA 🙂 ) I realized there was one kid who was playing out of position. I moved him to his more natural and comfortable position and the entire team fell in place. We ripped off 9 regular season games and 4 PO games to win the championship. But if you had seen us the first game you would have said there was no way we could win a game much less go undefeated the rest of season. 

That is a long way of saying, there really could by a few very minor adjustments that need to be made and it could come together. I certainly hope so. Only the coaches and players know that for sure. Either way as I said before I hope they figure it out. On the bright side if they do, it seems we have a QB that can help them so it could be a good season. 

Let's just say I am hoping for the best while preparing for the worst. It's a self defense mechanism you have to develop when you root for this team. 

• Like 4

Heineke played an excellent game.  Hell if he didn't have that 1 INT I'd say that game was probably a fluke for him considering such little NFL experience and throwing it that many times to a WR being covered by a probowl DB you're bound to have one.

If Heineke can put up 26+ pts a game we should win atleast 10 of our games barring our D gets it together

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

He throws for 336 yards with a 74% completion percentage, two TDs and a 99.5 passer rating and leads the late fourth quarter come from behind win -- and you feel compelled to find something to complain about?

Hey, not complying at all. I love the guy, watched him play at ODU and I’m an ODU alumni. I want great things for him. But if you can’t see that he has a bad tendency to throw high and behind, you’re blinded by your fanboydom. 

• Like 1

Kudos to the coaching staff for putting Seals Jones on the field allowing him to make that TD grab. He may have been the 53rd man on the roster for all we know. It's interesting that he was even on the field in crunch time....good thing he was. 

Humphries was also very good last night, you can see how a QB can rely on him to get open on third downs....he's gonna cause problems for other teams. 

1 hour ago, Catatonic said:

Hey, not complying at all. I love the guy, watched him play at ODU and I’m an ODU alumni. I want great things for him. But if you can’t see that he has a bad tendency to throw high and behind, you’re blinded by your fanboydom. 

He'll get better at everything the more he plays. He made some bad decisions and some bad throws for sure but he's a bright guy who will clean those things up. 

• Like 4

I actually don't mind and expect the high throws middle deep over the LBs heads... as long as its deliberate and WRs expect to go up and get it. He is short so he will need to arc passes more than Manute Bol does. To keep that zip, it will need to be on the high side, right?  Do you want high passes or batted balls. Disclaimer I am not a rocket scientist, just rationalizing any flaws I saw in Heinis game because WE LOVE HIM

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I actually don't mind and expect the high throws middle deep over the LBs heads... as long as its deliberate and WRs expect to go up and get it. He is short so he will need to arc passes more than Manute Bol does. To keep that zip, it will need to be on the high side, right?  Do you want high passes or batted balls. Disclaimer I am not a rocket scientist, just rationalizing any flaws I saw in Heinis game because WE LOVE HIM

I think the issue is a hair higher or late and he'll either get a receiver killed or get picked.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I think the issue is a hair higher or late and he'll either get a receiver killed or get picked.

True, but the slow pass lofted over the DL and zone backers that hits the WR in the chest? That late ball will also get them killed. He was probably all amped playing in PRIME TIME. Damn, we won a prime time game? He gets an A dammit.

And that leaping catch by Dyami was ****ing awesome that I wasn't expecting to see from him.

Edited by RandyHolt

3 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

True, but the slow pass lofted over the DL and zone backers that hits the WR in the chest? That late ball will also get them killed. He was probably all amped playing in PRIME TIME. Damn, we won a prime time game? He gets an A dammit.

Damn that leaping catch by Dyami was ****ing awesome that I wasn't expecting to see from him.

We have yet to see #4 play a game on the road and I'm psyched to see him go to Buffalo as the unquestioned starter. Buffalo will bring the house to him much like the Chargers did on Fitz....here's hoping we see screen passes and some roll outs to keep our Flutie clone safe and secure. Just imagine the hype train if we go into Buffalo and beat the Bills with TH leading the way.

• Like 4

Why were our players falling without being touched?   I think we got screwed on the spots on those, like the ref ruled they gave up?

I remember that KC snow game and our players will falling left and right, but not KCs. We can blame the trainers that day. What happened last night? We had guys fall on their own 2 plays in a row. I feel like there were a few others but if not 2 in a row got my attention. Wet field is not much of an excuse but if it was a cleat issue we need get that figured out quick. 

16 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

We have yet to see #4 play a game on the road and I'm psyched to see him go to Buffalo as the unquestioned starter. Buffalo will bring the house to him much like the Chargers did on Fitz....here's hoping we see screen passes and some roll outs to keep our Flutie clone safe and secure. Just imagine the hype train if we go into Buffalo and beat the Bills with TH leading the way.

Turner better bring his A game including anti blitz calls. I love the screen but also the 3 step loft down the sideline, or back shoulder.

But I think the game plan will be heavy Gibson assuming he is all healed up with a long week.  I am intrigued seeing Heini using his wheels like Dimes was used last night, but he doesnt look as fast. Dimes almost singlehandedly killed us, and may have if they would have just kept letting him run. We had no answer for that. I presume we dont want to risk injury of course but he is still getting flushed and chased out of the pocket often so whats the difference. If we intend to never really let him run / read option, I do think its good to show a snipet of it to **** with DCs and plant the seed in DEs heads.

Edited by RandyHolt

23 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This is a great point. I'm really excited to see how Taylor rises to the challenge on the road against the BillsMafia no less.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Turner better bring his A game including anti blitz calls. I love the screen but also the 3 step loft down the sideline, or back shoulder.

But I think game plan will be heavy Gibson assuming he is all healed up with a long week.  I am intrigued seeing Heini using his wheel like Dimes was used last night. Dimes almost singlehandedly killed us, and may have if they would have just kept letting him run. We had no answer for that. I presume we dont want to risk injury of course but he is still getting flushed and chased out of the pocket often so whats the difference. If we intend to never really use it, I do think its good to show a snipet off to **** with DCs and plant the seed in DEs heads.

Running around is a big part of TH's game and a big reason why he's good...dual threat. 

JDR needs to step it up as the DC...next week will be a tough test but just do what the Steelers did. They took it to the Bills.

31 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Why were our players falling without being touched?   I think we got screwed on the spots on those, like the ref ruled they gave up?

I remember that KC snow game and our players will falling left and right, but not KCs. We can blame the trainers that day. What happened last night? We had guys fall on their own 2 plays in a row. I feel like there were a few others but if not 2 in a row got my attention. Wet field is not much of an excuse but if it was a cleat issue we need get that figured out quick. 

I actually commented to my fiance Everytime DeAndre Carter would return a kickoff that his feet and legs were out running his body... Felt his body was starting to fall forward before anyone touched him.  Same thing happened to Humphreys too on that one play where he gained 3 yards on the catch when he had another 4 yards to run without being touched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HtownRocks111 said:

I actually commented to my fiance Everytime DeAndre Carter would return a kickoff that his feet and legs were out running his body... Felt his body was starting to fall forward before anyone touched him.  Same thing happened to Humphreys too on that one play where he gained 3 yards on the catch when he had another 4 yards to run without being touched.

If you're talking about the bubble screen to Humphreys, that was on Heinicke. Ball was low and way out in front, he did a good job just to snag it.

5 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

If you're talking about the bubble screen to Humphreys, that was on Heinicke. Ball was low and way out in front, he did a good job just to snag it.

If you are talking about the one I think you are, it looked like the ball was wet and slipped out of TH's hand as he was throwing it. You could see it on the replay and with TH wiping his hand on his pants after the play. So you are right -- it was not a good throw and was on TH.