Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Blue (not green) NY Football Team at Washington Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I bet that was by design. They were probably afraid of losing contain on QB keepers. Crazy that their QB is faster than our entire defense.

Before the terrible interception I was calling for us to run the back side bootleg with TH....we hadn't run it all game and I'm sure it would've worked with Taylors speed. That play call on the interception was really bad. Moving forward I'd like to see us put the Jones read option play they were running in for TH.

BTW, we really need Samuel back asap but kudos to Humphries for making some big catches. Samuel is gonna make Terry even better.

• Like 1

Just now, jnhutchi3 said:

That's extremely harsh.  Hopkins is a solid kicker in my opinion.  A 48 yard FG is no gimme.  He erased the miss from his mind and made the next kick.  Kudos to him.

If you want to cut any players, start with Washington's sorry *** defense.

Exactly. What more do people want from the guy? He’s 6/7 on the year....last i checked, people didn’t want him because he missed 7 FGs last season. Now that he’s off to a hot start, people are still finding things to complain about? Sounds odd. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

I don't know. The Giants received A LOT of gifts, too. That first roughing call on Chase where he was hit less than a tenth of a second after he threw the ball, the missed PI on McClaurin, the subsequent multiple PIs for the Giants, sketchy ball placement that denied us a first even though the ball carrier was clearly untouched, even under review. The bad calls were 10:2 against us.

The Giants had a drop on a bomb. We had some drops, too.

Not one holding call on the NYG offensive line against our front 4? That can't happen again.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly. What more do people want from the guy? He’s 6/7 on the year....last i checked, people didn’t want him because he missed 7 FGs last season. Now that he’s off to a hot start, people are still finding things to complain about? Sounds odd. 

Any kick close to 50 is very uneasy and the ONLY reason he is 6/7 is because his bad miss on a 48 yarder was saved by a dumb offsides penalty by the Giants. He missed at the critical moment. Meanwhile someone lime Gano has no issues nailing a 55 yarder. Thats why people are frustrated with him, I knew he was going to miss that 48 yarder.

• Like 3

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Any kick close to 50 is very uneasy and the ONLY reason he is 6/7 is because his bad miss on a 48 yarder was saved by a dumb offsides penalty by the Giants. He missed at the critical moment. Meanwhile someone lime Gano has no issues nailing a 55 yarder. Thats why people are frustrated with him, I knew he was going to miss that 48 yarder.

He missed at the critical moment, and then made the makeup FG at the very next critical moment. 6/7 is 6/7 is 6/7, no matter how it happens. He had to make the 2nd game winning FG, and he did. And he also made a 49 yard field goal last night, soooo 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

"Any kick close to 50 is very uneasy"......sounds like you just described 90% of the kickers in the NFL, especially when the game is on the line.

2 hours ago, Catatonic said:

Great win, but Heinicke really needs to get those high throws and behind the receiver throws under control. A good team would’ve made him pay for those. 

Cool, except he wears #4. 

I know. I'm pretty sure this was made when he played for the Vikings.

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He missed at the critical moment, and then made the makeup FG at the very next critical moment. 6/7 is 6/7 is 6/7, no matter how it happens. He had to make the 2nd game winning FG, and he did. And he also made a 49 yard field goal last night, soooo 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

If you had a FG kicker that was 20/20 from within 40 yards and you didn't attempt anything beyond 40 because he couldnt hit them hes still a bad kicker. 

He was 2-4 from 50+ last year, completed less then 80% of his kicks, is not reliable. Meanwhile someone like Gano kicked 96% last year and was 5-6 on 50+ yarders. The ONLY miss he had from 32 FG attempts. Hit two 50+ yard FGs against us last night like they were chip shots. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

If you had a FG kicker that was 20/20 from within 40 yards and you didn't attempt anything beyond 40 because he couldnt hit them hes still a bad kicker. 

He was 2-4 from 50+ last year, completed less then 80% of his kicks, is not reliable. Meanwhile someone like Gano kicked 96% last year and was 5-6 on 50+ yarders. The ONLY miss he had from 32 FG attempts. Hit two 50+ yard FGs against us last night like they were chip shots. 

Last year doesn’t mean **** to me. It’s what he’s doing THIS year. And THIS year, he’s 6/7. But sure let’s cut him and watch him succeed on a different team like every kicker has......that’ll be great. 

I had everyone calling me because they knew I bet on Washingtons moneyline. Our last drive I told them it doesn't matter if we have the ball cause we have the worst kicker in the league. And he proved me right. In the NFL today a 50 yard or less should be easy. Not for us tho. I see teams with kickers we once had like Tucker and Gano and wish we had a kicker lile that. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Last year doesn’t mean **** to me. It’s what he’s doing THIS year. And THIS year, he’s 6/7. But sure let’s cut him and watch him succeed on a different team like every kicker has......that’ll be great. 

Yeah, lets hang onto a guy that isn't good enough for fear that maybe he might eventually NOT be bad for another team, while ignoring historical performances that this same player put out just last year... That will end up real well. We havent even brought in competition for a guy that put our kicking game what, 24th or 25th last year? And shanked the game winner and was saved by a horrible penalty? Hes really 6-8 this year which yet again is under 80%, and even sub 50 yard FGs are uncertain. Are you really against bringing someone else in to try to take the job and put some pressure on this guy to not suck?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

You know Gano was in Washington from 2009 to 2011. We cut him after he went 31 of 41 on FGs. On his career he's an 83% kicker - Hopkins is an 84% kicker.

Sometimes patience is the way to go - whats behind the next door is not necessarily better. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I know close counts in horse shoes, nuclear strikes, and field goals, but man, that 43 yarder was very nearly a miss. It wasn't a true kick at all.

I just don't get why so many kicks are so wide. We rarely see true center compared with other kickers.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Yeah, lets hang onto a guy that isn't good enough for fear that maybe he might eventually NOT be bad for another team, while ignoring historical performances that this same player put out just last year... That will end up real well. We havent even brought in competition for a guy that put our kicking game what, 24th or 25th last year? And shanked the game winner and was saved by a horrible penalty? Hes really 6-8 this year which yet again is under 80%, and even sub 50 yard FGs are uncertain. Are you really against bringing someone else in to try to take the job and put some pressure on this guy to not suck?

He’s technically 6/8, but the stats show 6/7 🤷🏻‍♂️ He made the final one that he needed to make. That’s what matters. 

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Not one CALLED holding call against our front 4.

Yep. I see our D Linemen getting tackled and when Aikman does his recap of the play he blows by the fact. Sometimes saying... "Gee the QB had great protection and a lot of time."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

You know Gano was in Washington from 2009 to 2011. We cut him after he went 31 of 41 on FGs. On his career he's an 83% kicker - Hopkins is an 84% kicker.

Sometimes patience is the way to go - whats behind the next door is not necessarily better. 

Exactly this. Should’ve been patient with gano. Should do the same for Hopkins. 

4 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Yes I know, and I don't regret cutting Gano, he wasnt doing it while we had him. It took him awhile to get it together, should we have waited the 7 or so years it took for him to get to the point he is now? I don't think so and I don't think giving Hopkins years and years to get better is the right way to go. Find a vet or draft someone or anything, you would think that Hopkins is really good with how we don't bring in any competition for him in the kicking game. I wouldn't be as frustrated if they were bringing in competition to show that they see the issue, to make him compete, to maybe find someone better or force him to get better. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Exactly this. Should’ve been patient with gano. Should do the same for Hopkins. 

So we should have waited through a mediocre and sometimes bad 7 years of Gano?? That insanity. 

So, this Washington fan on twitter tweeted a video of Ricky seals jones TD catch, and said “the rookie made a great catch” 

i simply comment, saying “Ummm....Ricky seals jones isn’t a rookie 😂”. The lady responds by calling me a “mansplainer”. 

huh?? Mansplainer, just for correcting her? Lmao ok......

and her defense is “Ive never heard of the guy and technically he’s a rookie to my team”. Two other people corrected her and they got called mansplainers too. Kinda silly 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Confused 1

I miss Steve Cox

I think it was telling to see Terry featured like that early. It's almost as if Turner got ribbed for not getting our best player on offense the ball enough on Sunday.

Its fine to feed Gibson as long as it works, our offense isn't predictable, and he doesn't break down. Last night was proof once again that you don't need to wait until the run is established to go play action. Pass pass run works too.