Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah I'd love a season where we're like 8-3 and actually pushing for a potential bye or #1 seed. Every year we make the playoffs we have to go on crazy win streaks at the end just to squeak by.

2005: 5-6 start. Had to win 5 in a row for the Wild Card.

2007: 5-7 start. had to win 4 in a row for the Wild Card.

2012: 3-6. Had to win 7 in a row for the NFC East.

2015: 5-7. Had to win 3 in a row for the NFC East(clinched with a week to spare because it was another super crappy NFC East).

2020: 2-5. Had to finish 5-2 to win a historically bad NFC East.

Yep. And the seasons where we HAVE had a good record halfway through the season, we didn’t make the playoffs. It’s dumb. 

08: we were 7-4 at one point. Finished with an 8-8 record 

2016: we were 6-3-1, finished the season with an 8-7-1 record 

2018: we were 6-3, and, well.....you remember what happened..... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now is not the time to panic...

That was 20 years ago. The time to panic has long past. As has the time for drinking, the time for denial, the time for anger, the time for bargaining, the time for depression, and the time for acceptance. Nothing has changed. Nothing is ever going to change. Now it's simply time to die.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

That was 20 years ago. The time to panic has long past. As has the time for drinking, the time for denial, the time for anger, the time for bargaining, the time for depression, and the time for acceptance. Nothing has changed. Nothing is ever going to change. Now it's simply time to die.

I have to disagree. It's totally the time to drink and respond erratically. We're all very upset.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm frustrated because I thought we were just a QB away.  But in reality we are weak across the board.  And to make matters worse this is a very weak QB class.  Every QB is less than 6'1.  There are no big prospects like Herbert or Allen.  We need to draft LB again in the first round and consider bringing in a young veteran QB like Trubisky, Goff, or Mariota.  I didn't realize how important arm strength is until today's game in the wind.  I like Heinicke, but he is not a franchise QB.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Apathy is the only solution. For me it usually starts in early October, this year it's a few weeks earlier.  I will always follow the team because it's enjoyable for me, but to actually care? Hard to do that after all these years.  

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Apathy is the only solution. For me it usually starts in early October, this year it's a few weeks earlier.  I will always follow the team because it's enjoyable for me, but to actually care? Hard to do that after all these years.  

It started for me after the LAC game this year. Didn't bother watching the last 2 games. My wife & I went to Charlottesville Sunday for a 1PM lunch at a winery. 

I've been following this team since the early '60s. These last xx years have taken it's toll. I'm not investing the emotional capital in them week after week. Just not worth it until they can prove to be a solid team, even in defeat. 

25 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Dont worry guys the name change will make us better, it will give us reason to to buy in again till about the first half of the first game in 2022

There's a part of me, it's not a small part either, that thinks the unveiling of the new name following the end of the season will just be another disappointment in a deep catalogue of them. Just another punch in the gut to follow on from what will be a disappointing season.

What's left of the optimist in me still wants to be presented with an exciting new team name that I can buy into, accompanied by tangible plans for a state of the art stadium and new facilities which, once built, sparks a renaissance for the team.

Let's face it though, every promising thing this team has done since 1991 has been snuffed out quickly. Even those talented players who have stuck around have not been supported by the rest of the team. There have been fun moments, but few were sustained and only for a season.

Even the best talent at any position in the organisation will only succeed with the right resources and support around them. That starts at the top and I've seen enough to believe that until Snyder is removed from the equation, nothing will change.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, my_friend_goo said:

Snyder is removed from the equation, nothing will change.

I used to think no please not to the people that said he will move the team.....at this juncture im hoping he moves the team and someone else comes in creates a Washington football team.....we will be able to rebuild quicker then the upcoming firing of this coaching staff only to bring in some lame coach that Snyder is drooling over and stuck in the same cycle.

If the supposed strength of our team, the defense, is going to underperform and become a weakness then it probably doesn't matter who our QB is. I can't imagine our defense can be any worse than it's been to this point and I'm not sure it's all that correctable without some personnel changes? Are we doing the same thing each week that each team see's us doing on film? Are we providing any different looks? Are the LB's really this bad? 

Seriously, we should be 0-3 and considered to be one of the worst teams in the league the way we're playing. I was expecting a loss yesterday but we never even showed up and put up any kind of a fight. Where is the offensive creativity? How can you just tell TH to drop back time after time and ask him to save the game for us? I am totally not sold on Turner...thus far he's gotten one QB destroyed in the first half of the season and has done little to help the backup out. If I'm RR I'm considering a change of play callers. For example, how come it seems like our opponents find a weakness in our defense and keep attacking it with great success yet we can find no mismatches against our opponents? I'd love to see us create mismatches at the LOS with a WR on a LB and just abuse the LB time after time. Can't remember that happening. Maybe Curtis Samuel does that....God help us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UK Skins said:

I thought I found the answer by putting £200 on Buffalo -24 when we went 21:0 down. We even ****ed that up! 

With the skins I'm convinced its always best to bet the money line when betting against them.  We know they likely won't win and then a cover won't matter when betting against them straight up.  It takes a lot to make a little but its almost guaranteed.  Im not a big gambler but I placed two money line bets this past week on the Panthers and Cardinals.  Won both.  Ive never bet against the Skins (yet).  Ive lost betting on them many times.  Many of "us" here know this team better than most other NFL fans and even better than many serious gamblers.  Perhaps its time to start making money on the suckitude with this team.  I knew the Bills would kick Washington's ass and should have made money off it.

• Like 1

I'm feeling much better now, than I did yesterday. Bills are a possible SB team that is hitting it's stride. 

Our defense is just playing out of position and I trust JDR enough to get that figured out soon.

Our offense is what I'm more worried about, because I have little faith in Turner.

It's still too early and who knows what will happen but wouldn't it at least be nice to be a surprising 3-0 like Carolina and Denver and generating some good local chatter? Instead we're sitting here at 1-2 and, even though you still see the possibility of a repeat division title, it would be along the lines of a 9-8 season and it just feels so blah.

Again, I watch the Skins these days mostly just out of historical habit, but the league just seems so predictable. Yeah, it was cool for a solid kicker like Tucker to hit the 66 yarder, but there's no way Lamar should convert that 4th and 19, and he does. Later the Dolphins have a 4th and 20 to keep the game alive and they convert. Rodgers gets the ball on his own 25 with less than 40 seconds left and no timeouts, but who didn't think he was gonna get them to the SF 35?