Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else beyond frustrated??

Giddy4Gibson

I think what stings the most about the performance on defense is that they are returning with an upgraded unit on paper.  The linebacker position is the only unit I felt was not upgraded and could be a liability, but from what I saw, while they didn't excel today, they weren't the main reason the defense was getting pushed all over the field. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think what stings the most about the performance on defense is that they are returning with an upgraded unit on paper.  The linebacker position is the only unit I felt was not upgraded and could be a liability, but from what I saw, why they didn't excel today, they weren't the main reason the defense was getting pushed all over the field. 

Idk. Seemed like way to many receptions given up in the flat. And of course #53 running around with his head cut off on 3rd and longs.

Once people accept that this team is so far away from contending they will start to calm down.  We don't have any playmakers on offense aside from McLaurin and our QBs are average at best.  As good as our defense is supposed to be, there are still lots of question marks particularly at LB and the secondary.

• Like 1

Just now, abdcskins said:

Once people accept that this team is so far away from contending they will start to calm down.  We don't have any playmakers on offense aside from McLaurin and our QBs are average at best.  As good as our defense is supposed to be, there are still lots of question marks particularly at LB and the secondary.

This is a big problem for me because these were the exact problems we had last year. We have the same offense, had to use the same QB at the end of last season, Have terrible linebackers. What exactly did we improve on from last season? We let a starting Tackle walk too. 

My issues with the team: bad defensive/offensive schemes, ****ty ****ty tackling, no one on offense can break a tackle outside of Gibson, linebackers and secondary are lost, offensive line is not good at pass blocking or sustaining blocks, and undisciplined overall. This team seemed soft, over confident, and physically incapable.

Yep. Frustrated is the emotion for me definitely. From all the good news we heard during training camp, and then to show up like that? Seriously? The team seems like they believed the hype. They have to realize they haven’t proven anything yet. 

if we lose Thursday night, this season could get away from us quickly. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Not too frustrated. I fully expect a healthy Chargers squad with Herbert in his 2nd year to be very good and we had our chances even if the refs helped a little and Chargers probably should have scored more. 

I got beat to a pulp last year when I said I expected more from a #2 pick in Chase Young in the pass rush. We’ll see if he picks it up but today wasn’t great. 

Overall still a chance this year, played bad and had a chance to beat a competitive team. Wasn’t like we lost to the Broncos or something.

Past few seasons I've lasted no more than a couple of games before deciding to instead to pick an interesting matchup on a Sunday (usually my second choice as Sky Sports pick my first, resulting in a 24 hour blackout). I'll watch Washington games after the event if it turns out to be worth the time investment.

I'll gladly accept that it's not the sign of a great fan, but the sheer frustration was making my Sunday evenings miserable. This way I maintain a much better mood and it's better for those around me. On the flip side, I find it harder to get as engrossed in a game featuring two teams I have no attachment to. I'm not proud of it, but I was pretty much done with the team in Gruden's last season. Rivera eventually encouraged me to at least give them a shot.

It's only week one, but I'm guessing this season is going to be much the same. I expect the giants to make us look stupid as usual in Thursday night. At least with the time difference I can wake up on Friday morning and make a choice.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just stop trying to be the ultra draft prospect guru know-it-all smartest guy in the room.  You didn't have Herbert there either.

I drafted Justin Herbert the season after I drafted Daniel Jones in Madden 19. That makes me a guru, right?

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 5:28 PM, Redwolves92 said:

have seen a bunch of notoriously trash teams turn it around except for washington. Team is eternal ass, truly amazes me. 

I heard this was on the names short list....

The Washington Eternal Ass

Logo is flaming Ass Cheeks

Edited by DiscoBob
More ass cheeks
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

I always like watching Terry.  They should have thrown to receivers more.  The defense got shredded to my surprise.  Rookie St. Juste got handled.  We’ve got to get things right for Thursday.

It sounds good but our O line couldn't block, it's why Fitz got hurt and to me it looked like they called the game knowing they would have no time for those deeper routes to develop.

Edited by JSSkinz